‹ Prequel: Here and Now
Sequel: Let You In

Love. Sex. Magic.

Three

Patrick propped his feet on Jonathan's coffee table, beer in hand as they watched a baseball game on TV. "Where's Whitney? I haven't seen her since..."

"Since you needed her to get rid of that girl a week ago?"

"Is she really mad about that?" Patrick asked. "She's done that for me a million times."

"I think that's why she's mad, Kaner. She wants you to be happy."

"I am happy."

"You're fooling yourself."

"I'm not."

"Yeah you are."

"Whatever man. Where is she anyways?"

"Out with Viktor."

"I can't believe you let her hang out with him."

Jon chuckled. "I let her hang out with you. That's probably more dangerous for her health. At least with Viktor I don't have to worry about 7am wake up calls to save you from dirty girls."

"Dirty girls need love too."

Jon rolled his eyes at him. "Grow up, Kaner."

"Where are they anyways?"

"Whit and Viktor? I think they were going to the beach."

"Lets go!" Patrick enthused, jumping up from the couch. He ran to the second bedroom and pulled a pair of his swim trunks from a drawer. Whitney kept an array of his clothing that she had accumulated over drunken nights at Jon's place that always came in handy at times like these. He came back in flip flops and swim trunks, a towel from Jon's bathroom slung over his bare shoulders. "Come on, Jon," he prodded. "If I show up without you, you know Whit will be pissed because she'll have to deal with me when she'd rather be working on her tan."

Jon rose to his feet. "I hate the beach," he muttered as he disappeared down the hall.

~*~*~


Whitney rolled over to her stomach and propped herself up in her elbows. Behind her shades, she watched the people moving around her. After leaving the coffee shop, she and Viktor and headed straight for the beach. He had found them a great spot and they had laid out towels and two chairs to mark their spot. They had been laying out in relative silence for several hours and Viktor snored softly beside her. She giggled and nudged him awake.

"I need you to do my back," she said, handing him a bottle of sunscreen.

"SPF 4? What's the point?" He asked as he sat up.

Whitney shrugged and laid out on her towel. "If I don't wear anything I'll burn." He shook his head and kneeled beside her, squirting the lotion into his hands and rubbing it over Whitney's back. "Thanks, Vik." He held the bottle out to her and stood up, looking at her expectantly. "Seriously?" She asked.

"Seriously," he grinned. She got to her feet and took the bottle from him and began to rub the sunscreen into his shoulders and down his back.

"Holy shit Whitney! Put some clothes on!" Patrick bellowed from behind them. "You look fucking indecent! That doesn't even cover your ass!" He took the towel from around his neck and tried to wrap it around her. Whitney dodged him and ran to Jon. He looked her over, licking his lips and pulled her to him roughly for a kiss.

"It's a bikini, Kaner," Whitney said, sticking her tongue out at him when she broke apart from Jon.

"It's scraps! Seriously Tazer? You let her buy this?" The bright yellow bikini was ruffled and a center ring held the two triangles together in the front, tying around her neck and back. The bottoms sported the same flirty mini ruffles and tied at the sides. "Anyone could snag one of those ties and bam! No bottoms."

"She looks hot," Jon said, sliding a hand to cup her ass. Whitney giggled.

"Exactly!"

"Viktor's with her."

"Exactly!" He shouted in exasperation.

"Oh my god," Whitney sighed. "Really?"

"You're the one feeling him up!"

"She was putting sunscreen on me you idiot. I just did her too," Viktor said.

"See? He just did her too!" Patrick said to Jonathan. He rolled his eyes and gave him a slight shove, Pat falling on his ass.

"Shut up and look at the pretty girls in bikinis. Just don't look at my pretty girl in a bikini." Jonathan sat down in one of the chairs and Viktor took the other. Whitney laid out on her towel and reached behind her, untying the string across her back.

"Whitney!"

"What Patty Cakes? I don't want a tan line across my back. Everyone does it so shut up. Jon's here, Vik's here, you're here. Do you really think anyone's gonna mess with me?"

He pouted but laid out a towel beside her, sitting up on his elbows and giving cold stares to any man who gave her a second look.
"I love you, Pat," Whitney said softly from her spot in the sand. She turned her face to his and smiled. "But you've seen me in a bathing suit before."

He rolled over and bent his head towards hers. "That is not a bathing suit," he informed her. "It looks like lingerie and your hair is all tousled like you just got fucked. You look too sexy to be on the beach."

Whitney blushed. "I had Vik; there was nothing to worry about."

"Yeah, I guess."

"You're being overprotective so stop it. That girl over there is wearing a thong bottom. In Chicago. This ain't Cabo, hunty."
Patrick sat up, looking for the girl and spotting her. He pushed his sunglasses to the top of his head and Whitney groaned. "No, Patrick Kane. Just no," she told him. He licked his lips and stood up. "Don't do it," she warned him.

"Sorry Whit but she's hot."

"And dirty!"

"God I hope so," Pat replied before taking off across the beach to reach her.

"I am so ramping up this search," Whitney said as Patrick reached the girl. Viktor grinned and stood up. "Viktor Stalberg!" Whitney chastised. "Not you too!"

"I promise not to take home a dirty girl. But there's no harm in looking." He set off to reach Pat and the harem of girls he had acquired in the two minutes he had been away.

"You need to just let Kaner be Kaner," Jon said from behind closed eyes.

"He's a hot mess!"

"I know and it's one of the things you love about him.

Whitney sighed. "I just want him to meet a nice girl, someone that can meet his parents. Is that too much to ask?"

"When it comes to Patrick, yes."