‹ Prequel: Here and Now
Sequel: Let You In

Love. Sex. Magic.

Six

Aria, Carlee, and Leia followed Whitney into the club after the game. “What are we even doing here?” Aria whispered to Leia as they moved towards the VIP area.

“Living it up,” Leia replied. “Seriously, we didn’t have to wait in line. She dropped her name and we were past the velvet rope. How insane is that?”

Aria rolled her eyes at Leia as she pulled her forward. “Drinks on Johnny!” Whitney exclaimed, pulling Carlee behind her to the bar. Aria and Leia followed. Whitney handed the bartender a credit card and instructed him to open a tab. She ordered a round of kamikaze shots and the girls lined up at the bar, tossing them back. The bartender set out a second round and they tossed those back too.

“Starting the party early, Whit?” Patrick asked, throwing his arm around her shoulders. “Who are you friends?” he leered.

Whitney rolled her eyes. “Who is your friend?” she asked pointedly, eyeing the blonde that held on tightly to Patrick’s hand. Her boobs were obviously fake and pouring out of her two sizes too small dress that barely covered her ass.

He smirked. “This is Summer. Summer, this is Whitney.”

Whitney eyed the girl. “Is Summer your real name or your stage name?” Carlee began to giggle and Leia laughed loudly.

“What is your problem, Whit? That’s not nice,” Patrick said.

“I’m not in the mood to be nice. Don’t call me when you can’t get rid of her tomorrow morning.” She spotted Jonathan and grabbed Carlee’s hand. “Let’s go ladies.” She tugged Carlee along with her and she grabbed Leia’s hand, who grabbed Aria’s hand.

“What did Kaner do this time?” Jonathan asked when Whitney reached him.

“He’s being Kaner.” She rolled her eyes. “Where’s Viktor?”

“Being mobbed. Go save him.”

She kissed his cheek. “I opened a tab. Buy my friends drinks.” Jonathan nodded and signaled to a passing waitress.

“Vik!” Whitney squealed, throwing her arms around him and hugging him. She kissed his cheek and settled into his side. “Everyone is waiting for you.”

He grinned. He loved that Whitney was always there to save the day and this was definitely one of those times. He kissed her temple and gazed down at her. “Are you waiting for me?”

“Always,” she purred. He smiled and put an arm around Whitney’s waist.

“Lead on, Prinsesstårta.” Whitney smiled and took his hand, dragging him along with her back to the group.

“Thanks for sending her,” Viktor said to Jonathan when they reached him.

“You looked a little desperate,” Jon replied as he handed Viktor a beer.

“I see you brought our new friends,” Viktor said to Whitney. He smiled at the other three women.

“You must be Carlee,” he said, holding his hand out to her.

“Thanks for inviting us tonight,” Carlee said softly.

“My pleasure. Did you ladies have fun?”

“Right up until you lost,” Leia answered.

“Ouch!” Viktor said, clutching his chest. “How about I make it up to you with a dance?”

“I suppose that would be okay.” Viktor grinned and held his arm out to Leia. She linked her arm through his and he led them through the crowd of people to reach the dance floor.

Whitney looked up at Jon with pleading eyes. “No way, Whit. Take Seabs.” Whitney pouted.

“You’re no fun, Tazer,” Whitney complained. “Quit being so serious all the time." She pinched his ass and his cheeks flushed crimson. She giggled and moved across the VIP area to reach Brent, who was talking to Duncan. She said something to him and he laughed before letting Whitney grab his hand. She grabbed Duncan’s hand and walked back towards the group.

“Carlee, come dance with us,” she said. She let go of the boys hands and grabbed Carlee’s, leading the way to the dance floor with the two men following.

Aria watched her friends dancing and couldn’t help but smile. As she stood there, she felt a hard body press in beside her. “You should be out there too. You’re too hot to be standing here all alone,” Patrick whispered close to her ear, brushing the hair off her neck. Aria shrugged out from under his touch. Patrick leaned back and looked at Aria.

“You’re hot, let’s get out of here," he said to her.

“Excuse me?”

He grinned. “Me and you. Lets get out of here. My place is close by unless yours is closer.”

“I’m sorry but have we met before?”

“No.”

“Then you obviously don’t know my name. Therefore, I’m not leaving here with you.”

“I’m Patrick; what’s your name?”

“Aria.”

“Pretty name for a pretty face. Now, let’s get out of here.” He put an arm around her waist and pulled her into him. Aria pushed him away.

“Whitney gave you the benefit of the doubt.”

“Excuse me?”

“She said eighty five percent of what people say about you is true. Now I know she gave you the benefit of the doubt because you are one hundred percent exactly like people say. I’m not leaving here with you, not tonight, not ever.” She walked away from him and Jonathan shook his head at him.

“Do you always have to be such an ass?”

“Whatever man. She’s frigid.”

“I’ve been standing here for twenty minutes having a perfectly normal conversation with her. Then you show up and she takes off. You know Whitney is going to kill you, right? Its a friend of hers.”

“Then Whitney will fix it.”

“Whitney isn’t going to always be around to fix your messes. To be honest, I’m sort of sick of having my girlfriend rush off to fix your life. I’d like to spend some time with her. Which is exactly why I'm taking her on a two week vacation, so I can have her all to myself.”

“Where are we going?” Patrick asked.

“”You’re staying here. I’m not telling you where I'm taking her so you can't magically show up. Because you would.”

Whitney stomped over and poked Patrick in the chest. “Why did Aria just storm out of here? I saw you talking to her. What did you say?”

“Thanks a lot, man," Viktor added, walking up behind Whitney. “She took her friends with her.”

Patrick threw his arms up. “I didn't do anything.”

“He tried to take her home,” Jon piped up. “And he was a total douchebag about it.”

“Patrick Kane! I am so done with you!” Whitney shouted. She turned to Jon. “I want to go home.”

Jon pulled his girlfriend to him and kissed her. “Let me go close out the tab."

“Do me a favor, Pat; grow up. Just fucking grow up already," Whitney fumed. She turned and met Jon at the bar and they walked out together.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got let go from my job yesterday (it would have been twelve years in July)....so since I now have all this unplanned for free time on my hands, figured I'd throw an extra update in this week. Hope you enjoy! If you love it, if you hate it, let me know. I appreciate your feedback! Hugs to everyone who has commented.

BTW, I'm just starting posting a little Lundqvist story...it will come to feature Marc Staal as well so if you're into either of those two things, maybe even both, please join me over here. :)