Status: taking front page!

Shadows of the Past

000

Kaja Greenleaf is the younger sister of Legolas Greenleaf, and only daughter of King Thranduil. Whereas Legolas is considered the prince and proper heir to the throne, Kaja is simply the second child; raised to be seen rather than heard; she has no claim to the throne unless by some sick twist of fate, both her father and Legolas are lost. Kaja grew up under the strict care of her brother, often sitting in the corner while he took his lessons, which slowly piqued her interests, especially in his history and language lessons. Under the secret teachings of her brother and her servants, Kaja learned how to wield a short sword. When she became old enough to request it, Kaja learned from proper instructors how to handle a bow and arrow, which her father did not like.

She was also taught in the many languages of Middle Earth, stopping short with the Black Speech and all of it's dialects, including all forms of Orkish. Both her teachers and her father refused to teach her this 'wretched' language. It didn't matter much to the she-elf, as she had her mother's talent to pick up language and decipher it without much trouble. Kaja has since continued on with her language teachings and often reads text in multiple languages. Some types of Elvish she's weak in as well, especially with Doriathrin, the language used by the Elves in the First Age. Outside of this, she can speak the Common Speech fine, but tends to slip into her native Sindarin when upset, especially when she's arguing with her brother.

Kaja is very much a common wood-elf. Tall, slim and pale, her golden locks reach the middle of her back, and is often pinned back with a silver brooch-styled clip, shaped like a small branch from her King's favorite tree. Dressed mainly in shades of green, brown and sometimes white, she matches her brother in leggings and a tunic, and often times a vest to held hide her small chest. Her face is sharply accented by her cheekbones and soft jawline, and identical grey eyes to her brother, Legolas and her father. Other than her typical elvish features, nothing really stands out that makes her any different from the rest of her kin.

Determined, strong-willed and loyal Kaja now leaves her home in Mirkwood to travel west to Rivendell, as an escort for her brother, Legolas.

This is her story.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not an actual chapter. Just a quick description of Kaja.