Status: I'm Back

So Much for My Happy Ending

Pretending To Not Feel Alone

"Oh my gosh! I'm so happy you're back sweetheart! It hasn't been the same around here without you." I stared at the woman that I've hated for the most part of my life as she threw her arms around me. My eyes found Jimmy's and I glared at him. Why the fuck is Leana still here. Shouldn't he have kicked this bitch to the curb long ago.

"Yeah, that's fucking great and all, but get the hell off of me." She stares down at me with a frown on her face; like she was actually hurt that I didn't hug her back.

I shoved her away harshly. Leana's smile was as fake as her emotions. I really don't know what I ever did to her. She's sweet to McKenna and Aleia, but she treats me like I'm the scum of the Earth. Which is actually real life vigilantes. I can't stand those noobs.

"Meagan, this isn't the time or the place." Aunt Michelle told me calmly and steered me towards the love seat and forced me to sit between her and Brian. I allowed him to hug me without shoving him away. My gaze remained locked on to Jimmy's. He finely decided to look at me and I raised an eyebrow. He shook his head quickly and mouthed a later to me. "Please, don't start anything. Just for today, okay Megs."

"Whatever." I mumbled to her and I cuddled into her shoulder.

I glanced around the room and saw Andy and Kenna hanging out in a dark corner with Elise and Aleia. They were murmuring about something and would glance over at me every once in a while. It was honestly making me a bit self conscious.

I don't know where Dad disappeared to, but wherever he was Johnny was with him. I couldn't be sure, but Johnny was the only one missing besides Dad. I knew he was here because Lacey was talking to Gena about something. Gena seemed incredibly distressed and I took notice of the fact that Zacky was sitting far away from her.

Something had shifted during the time that I was gone, and by the time I'd gotten back everyone was acting strange. Normally, Gena and Zacky are all lovey-dovey. What the hell happened.

I wanted to ask questions, but was unsure of how well my questions would be received. I made a mental note to spend time with Gena later on in the day.

"So how was living at Ivan's?" Brian asked me curiously. I'd imagine that I lit up at that question. I'd loved it and the guys.

"It was great! I hung out with Jason just about every day. The guy is crazy! Jeremy is the best! Even Matt Heafy came over to say hi! I didn't even know that Matt fucking Heafy lived near them. Even though near is super spread out amongst them. Gosh, I wish I lived 'near' them..." I trailed off and coughed awkwardly. Brian was staring at me and I could see the hurt that he tried to disguise in his eyes. I felt bad about it, but I've seen them all the time from day one. "I've missed you guys though." I offered up hesitantly.

"Yeah, sure you did." He mumbles. I sigh and decide to just be quiet. He's going to be butthurt and there isn't anything I can say to make him happy. He just gets like that sometimes.

I would offer this up though, "I love you, Uncle Brian." I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

I stood and walked over to my age group and leaned against Aleia with my head lain on her shoulder. I smiled at McKenna and Andy, and fist bumped Elise.

"What's up with y'all being all secrety over here?" I questioned them with a raised eyebrow.

"We are discussing Gena and Zacky." I raised my head off of Aleia's shoulder and looked at Elise.

"Why? Is something wrong? I know something isn't right."

"So you've noticed it too then?" Aleia asks me. She seems so upset. "I don't know what's going on. Mom and Dad aren't telling me anything. They keep telling me not to worry, but Dad's been sleeping in the guest room the last few weeks. I only just noticed it a week ago."

This has been going on a while then, and we're only just now recognizing it. Well, I am. They might have known a little longer than me.

Gena and Lacey were still discussing something on the couch. I took a moment to study Gena's behaviour. Her body was turned towards Zacky and she was hunched in on herself. Very unlike her. She is always very sure of herself, and her posture is always straight. Right now she's very timid in her body movements and every so often she'll glance over at Zacky. Even from here here I can tell you she's more than a little upset.

Zacky isn't facing Gena at all and his posture is supposed to appear to be relaxed, but his shoulders are rigid. Normally he'll have his arm slung over Gena's shoulder or around her waist, easy access to her cheek. I watched with suspicion as every so often he'll pull his phone out and check it, if he has a text his whole demeanor will change and he'll have a smile and all seems well again. He seems annoyed with Gena and whenever she will say something to him, he replies with short answers. Very hostile behavior.

All in all, they were most definitely not acting themselves.

"Any idea on who he keeps texting?" I questioned.

"Not a clue." Kenna states, frustration clear as day in her voice.

"Some sketchy prostitute that he's fucking on the side." Andy offers.

"Ice mutha fuckin T bitch!" Elise enthuses and does this little gangster imitation. I can't help but giggle at it. Aleia even cracks a smile. "Fuck the police!" That sent the others tumbling into silly giggles.

"Anybody ever thought about trying to jack his phone?" I asked once we'd settled down.

"No, but you just gave me the best idea. Every body, huddle up like penguins! Now!" Elise said authoritatively. We all glanced at each other, but did what she did. "Okay, this is what we are going to do... "

One thing about Elise that I'd just gathered, she had some wicked plans.

~ Time Skip ~

"Umm... Zacky?" Elise stood in front of the couch and was shuffling from foot to foot. "I have a question for you."

"Hey Elise, what's your question?" Zacky looked up from his phone and stared questioningly at her. Elise's face took on an extremely convincing embarrassed look.

"Um, I was just, y'know, wondering if you could show me some tips on playing the guitar." She stuttered at first, but then her talking got extremely fast paced at the end.

Zacky looked a little shocked at her question. Almost like he couldn't believe what she just asked him. "Sure, Elise, but wouldn't you rather have Brian teaching you? He is the lead guitarist, I'm just the rhythm." He told her and set the phone down on the table.

Elise grew defensive super quick, "Rhythm's are just as important, if not more, than the lead's. Okay! So all of those people, that say you really aren't that important in the band, they're fucking idiots! Okay? Okay." She nods her head, the room had quieted down a little bit and Elise actually did flush with embarrassment this time. "Sorry, umm, well now I feel awkward."

"Awkward duck!" I shouted and proceeded to flail my arms about.

Zacky had a huge smirk on his face, "Hear that Gates? I'm more important than you." Brian shot Zacky a look that was a mix between irritated and amused.

"Don't let that go to your head Zacky, she was giving you a compliment. Not trying to stroke your ego." Gena had meant it playfully, but he shot her a glare.

"God, do you always have to ruin my fun!" Zacky's mood took a turn and Gena shrunk even further in on herself. "Elise, come on. Let's head down to the basement. All my guitars are leftys obviously, but luckily enough, Brian leaves guitars over so if you are a righty. You won't be shit out of luck." Zacky stood and gestured for Elise to follow him. She turned and shot me a smile and gave a nod to me and McKenna.

I walked directly over to Gena and took Zacky's vacated spot and McKenna sat beside me while Andy conversed with Jimmy as a distraction. I put an arm around Gena and gave her a warm smile. "Hi Aunt Gena! How are you doing?" I asked casually.

The smile she gave me was so sad and wistful that it physically pained me to see it. A look that broken doesn't belong on a woman's face a beautiful as hers.

"Oh, I've been better I suppose." My eyebrows pinch together at her words.

I obviously already knew something was wrong and upsetting her, but I haven't been around long enough to have that confirmation. So for now, I had to act confused. "What do you mean? Is everything okay?"

She places a hand on my knee and squeezes lightly, "It isn't anything you need to worry about. You have enough on your plate as is. I'm not going to burden you with marital problems." At least she was honest enough to say that.

"Yeah, what was up with that. Uncle Zacky was pretty harsh." Her lips tightened into a small purse and she shook her head.

"As I said, sweetheart. It isn't anything you need to worry about. Okay?" I nod slowly, "We will work it out."

"Promise?" I ask her softly. She doesn't reply, just smiles sadly at me. I pull her into a tight hug, pushing as much love as possible into it. She is so distracted by it, she doesn't notice when McKenna makes a pass for Zacky's phone.

Checking around, nobody seemed to have noticed it. Brian and Aunt Michelle are in a steady conversation concerning whatever with Aleia and Lacey is focusing on rubbing Majesty's belly. McKenna hurries away and into the kitchen with a thumbs up in my direction and I pull myself away from the hug.

Andy excuses himself from Jimmy and makes his way to the kitchen after her. I make eye contact with Aleia and hopes she gets my conveyed message of 'stay here.'

"I'm going to go make sure Kenna and Andy aren't making out in the kitchen, okay? We need to hang out soon though Aunt Gena." I tell her and lean forward to kiss her cheek.

"Yeah, alright sweetheart. I love you."

"Love you too."

I get up from the couch and make the short trek to the kitchen to see Kenna fiddling with the phone. When I walk in she looks up at me and holds her fist out for a knuckle bump. That was a little something that I like to call success.

Boy, did I sure love succeeding.

The next part of the plan is going over to Andy. Elise will hopefully keep Zacky occupied downstairs long enough for Andy to work so mojo and crack the pass code. Have I ever mentioned that Andy is the hacker of our group. He was once expelled from middle school for hacking into the system and changing his grades to all A's and B's.

Yeah, he's brilliant.

"How long do you think this is going to take?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"Depends on if I can narrow it down to 2 or three numbers. If that won't work, I'll go in and attach my phone server onto this one and hack it that way," the way that he's so nonchalant about it still amazes me to this day and I've known him for a while, "then we will be in."

"Are you sure? I don't want to get caught without at least finding something." McKenna says. He gives her a small glare.

"Are you really doubting my skills, babe?" Andy asks her with a small frown. McKenna rolls her eyes at him and tells him no. "Megs, check on Elise will you?"

'Hey, everything going good down there?' I send her.

'Good as it can be. He's a fucking awesome teacher. I'm actually learning some shit while I'm playing him. He has realized he's left his phone up though.'

'Alright. I'll text you when we're in.'

"He'll be busy for a while." I tell them after she didn't reply.

"Good, cause we are in." Andy says with a fist punch of victory.

"Sweet, is there anything?" McKenna says and promptly grabs the phone. She's quiet for a few minutes while she raids the phone. "There are a ton of messages between him and a chick named Meaghan and... " She abruptly cut herself off, "Aleia's not going to like this."

I quickly steal the phone from her and read what she's looking at.

My conclusion: Zacky is probably cheating on Gena.

Either that or I'm pretty sure he's going to leave her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Extra quick update!