Status: I'm Back

So Much for My Happy Ending

A Familiar Sound

Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep
I'd been listening to this annoying beeping for the past hour and a half, my annoyance with the thing growing second by second. I couldn't open my eyes to see what, or where, it was. I don't even know where I am.
My whole body hurt, most of the pain directed at my leg. A strange sound escaped my lips when I tried to move it.
I was vaguely aware of a hand holding mine. A voice speaking to me. It soothes the panic that rises with each minute that passes. A voice that I knew as if it were my own. My eyes fluttered, but refused to open. I needed to see whom the voice belonged to. Listening to his voice lifted me from this hell I was in. Save me from this pain!
His voice called out to me, begged for me to awaken from this, this... darkness. This cold feeling built up in my subconscious as it tugged at my memories, dragging them from my embrace that held them so close.
Faces slipped away from me as I tried to recall who the voice was. I had this glimpse of a tall man, his silhouette hovering above me, full of energy and light. Was that who was talking to me with his raspy voice that a jolt straight to my heart.
'Was he important to me? Who is he?'
I had so many thoughts running through my head that could be answered if I just peeked an eye open! All of my problems, this confusion, would be resolved. Even now, as the voice talked to me I couldn't bring body to obey me.
With the gentle lull of his voice, I drifted back into whatever abyss called to me. He would remain by my side and save me from this pain.