Status: I'm Back

So Much for My Happy Ending

I Know You're Worth It

"I still can't believe you told them!" McKenna grabbed a fistful of her hair and tugged. She kept biting her lip with how nervous she was.

Brian decided it was a good idea to go and tell Papa Gates about McKenna's little 'Crush' as he called it. I rolled my eyes at my best friend. Aleia sat staring up at the ceiling. There was no doubt in my mind that she had spaced out. She does that quite often.

I rolled over onto my stomach and stared outside. I didn't like thinking. I normally just acted. I was like my Dad in that aspect. When I thought about things, it was normally about Jimmy.

Which is exactly were my thoughts were headed. Jimmy. Distraction, I need one.

"Sorry, McKenna. I'd rather not have to listen to my Dad and Brian jump down my throat about something that isn't true!" I jumped up suddenly and was now glaring at my friend. At my outburst Aleia had jumped. I had no doubt that I'd scared her. "I'm not gonna take the fall all the damn time!" Which is what I normally did.

"So now they are going to jump down mine!" I scoffed.

"Kenna, I love you to death, but you are being a selfish bitch right now." Aleia spoke suddenly. I raised my eyebrow at her. Aleia wasn't one to get involved with other people's fights. Never one to take sides.

"How! I just want to hang with Andy! She," she pointed to me, "was supposed to help me out. Not rat me out!"

"So basically you are saying that I should get in trouble for 'dating' a guy that I'm not even interested in?" I glared at her. "That I should be the one having to face the fucking music because you are to scared to." I sat back down. "If that's how it's going to be then you can go fuck yourself. I'm not gonna ruin my parents trust over some guy that's older than you."

Okay, I'll admit. That was hypocritical of me.

McKenna's mouth dropped open. "Yeah! You're one to talk!" She was quick to get in my face. "You're going to sit there and pretend that if Jimmy came in right now... You wouldn't want to drop everything just to be with him. Even lie to your Mom and Dad. Your family."

"That's different." I mumbled.

"How! How is that different!" McKenna's voice went up a few octaves. I winced.

"Because... " I trailed off. "It's not, but I'm not going to ask you or Aleia to cover for me so I don't get in trouble!" McKenna blinked. "I wouldn't want Jimmy thinking I was ashamed of him. That's exactly what Andy thinks." McKenna bit her lip. It was in that instant that I watched her deflate before my eyes.

"I'm sorry. Aleia, Meagan, I'm sorry!" She groaned and collapsed on the couch. She pressed the heels of her hands into her eyes.

There was a knock at the door. McKenna removed her hands.

"Yeah?" She called out. The door opened to reveal Papa Gates and Suzy. I glanced at my best friend. They didn't seem to angry.

"Come on McKenna. Junior seems to think there is a problem." Papa Gates said and gestured for her to follow. He was pretty chill most of the time. Maybe he would be cool with this.

"Good luck, Kenna." Aleia muttered. I grinned at her.

"Give 'em hell, Kenna." I winked. That was my way of saying she was forgiven.

She quickly got up and left the room.

All was quite as we listened to them walk down the hallway. We heard a door open and close and voices being raised. That was Uncle Brian. I looked over at Aleia who had a thoughtful expression on her face.

"Think she's going to get in a whole lot of trouble?" She asked me as the yelling progressed and a female voice was added to it.

"Nah. I think Papa Gates and Suzy will be more mad that she just didn't tell them than the fact that Andy is 22." I answered.

"Uncle Brian probably thinks he's buying her beer and date raping her." I gave her my best 'what the fuck' look. She smirked. "Overheard him saying that to Dad and Uncle Johnny." I snorted.

"I can see him saying that. Was he waving his hands around like a mad man?" She nodded and laughed.

"It was like a flailing fish."

"I'm gonna have to use that one." I clutched my stomach. "Oh God! I can't breath."

"Flailing fish?" She asked. She wasn't fairing any better.

"No! I just put his head on a fishes body." I said trying to wipe the tears from my face. I calmed down for a second only to laugh again. Aleia was clapping her hands and laughing with no sound coming out.

'Retarded Seal!' I thought and released more laughter.

The door open and Aunt Gena poked her head in. Taking in the scene before her she began laughing. I would have to, except I was already laughing.

"Do I even want to know?" I heard my Dad's voice.

I glanced into the hallway to see my Dad, Mom, and Uncle Zacky.

"Uncle Brian... fish... head... body... flop!" Was all I managed to get out.

My Dad shook his head.

"It'd probably be best if we didn't question what she was trying to actually say." Uncle Zacky said in a mock whisper.

I seriously love my family.