Four Walls

three

Mercy

I've wondered to myself how I've come to work in this Asylum I could have worked anywhere, I mean I am top in my classes from Gotham University and ever since I was a child I knew about that The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum was the place you didn't want to work, they've collected the criminally insane—most people stayed away from this place just because of that fact alone. I remember my mother telling me stories of it and chided me if I did something bad, giving me warnings to be good or she’d throw me away in the Asylum, I was absolutely terrified of the idea of stepping one foot into the place and here I am now working in it, well technically I only work as an intern for Dr. Crane.

I like working for Dr. Crane he’s a very nice, soft spoken man, a little unnerving of course but who wouldn't be after working in this hell hole for long. Yes, I know I really and desperately wanted to work here but, I've been here for a year and I was already tired of it, I will never get used to the heavy rapid breathing from the psychopaths that aren't even sure if they are humans, poor souls.

I cracked my neck letting out a soft moan and quickly went back to my paper of Bane, one of my new patients. When he first arrived I wanted to work with Bane but Dr. Crane wouldn't have it because I was still too new and as he said Bane would take advantage of me. I wasn't too sure if I should have felt offended or not, actually I’m still not sure if I should feel that way since now Bane was handed to me. Of course Bane has changed a lot since he first walked in these doors, he’s a lot smaller and seems to be in pain often. I don’t understand why they don’t give him his mask back, it’s not harmful to anyone else when I brought it up to Crane, and he simply ignored my question.

There was a knock on the door, I looked up to see one of the nurses (they weren't so pleasant these woman and men) as she sent me an agitated look as I felt the anger start to tug in the pit of my gut, I was growing tired of holding my tongue at the way they treat me in this place. If it wasn't from the nurses and Dr. Crane back-handed comments it was the patients that treat you like you were nothing but a toy to play with.

“The Joker has arrived,Mercy.” She grumbled still looking over at me as if she was waiting for me to say something, as I stared at her in shock, she rolled her eyes while closing the door.

“Wait! I didn't know The Joker was arriving today!” I couldn't believe I wasn't told about the big news of The Joker, the clown prince, or whatever the hell else they called him.

“I would talk to Dr. Crane then.” She snapped before slamming the door as I glared at the closed door letting out a growl of anger.

Bitch I thought holding my tongue once again before gathering my papers and waited for Bane to make show for his appointment. I enjoyed his company as he didn't act like he was crazy and I honestly didn't think he was crazy, just too smart for his own good.

“Dr. Guzman.” I heard the accent voice bringing me out of my thoughts to see Bane staring over at me making my stomach clench, I wasn't so used to his handsome face all I ever pictured when I heard of Bane was some monster with a scared lower half face but to see full lips and beautiful stormy eyes, it shocks me. If he wasn't you know crazy, I’d probably would have hit on him at a bar and brought him home.

“You can un-cuff him.” I told them this all the time and they always ignored me. “He’s not going to harm anyone, right Bane?” I said looking back at him sending him a sweet smile but he didn’t answer me but just stare.

“Doctor Guzman he is a terrorist, we can’t do that.” I sighed before waving them off as I turn to look Bane with a smile though he did not pay attention to me.

Today is going to be a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey y'all~ I hope you liked it. :3