Status: on going

It's Harder Breathing Next to You

Bury the Taste

Walking down the hallway as we searched for the room where mike was staying was the most suspenseful and nerve-wracking experience in my life. When we finally reached mikes room I hesitated to enter. It was my fault he was in here, what if he was dead? I leaned against the wall and let my body slide down onto the floor, I felt the tears start to form. Why did I have to be so dramatic? I promised him I would always be there for him when he needed him and right when he needed me I stormed out. I came across my mind that I didn't even know what happened, did he overdose? Did he slit his wrists? Did he hang himself? I couldn't bear the pictures that came into my mind when I thought of the different ways he could have done it. I stood up and tried to gather myself, I wiped the tears from my eyes, took a few deep breaths and walked slowly into the room.

Mike was lying on the bed, his skin pale and his hair messy. The only part of his body that had any color were his wrists that paraded deep red cuts, some even purple. "Oh baby..." The words escaped my lips and I dashed to his side, vic moving to give me space. I held his hand and was torn when it didn't squeeze back like it usually did. I just stared at him in silence until finally Vic came to tell me that he and Jaime were going home because only one person could stay with him overnight and he wanted that to be me. I nodded to show him I heard him and I listened as their footsteps got quieter until they finally faded into silence. I held his hand and kissed it. "Mike baby, please...please don't leave me I'm so sorry princess." With no response I grew silent again, I knew I wouldn't be getting any sleep tonight, or any night until my princess woke up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Suggestions? Complains?