You're Going Down

I can’t escape this mask because the mask is wearing me

After three years of being away from my family, I pull up to my father’s vacation home in Finland on my crotch rocket. I take off my helmet and stare at the building, knowing I shouldn’t be here; that I’m part of some plot to destroy the world. I get off my bike and start towards the house just as my sister, Aurora, pulls up in her car. She kills the engine and gets out of the car, looking at me. It’s been years since we’ve seen each other; since I decided to disown my own family.

‘I see Daddy called you in as well.” She sighs, “I’m surprised you’re even here.”

“Well, we’re still family; maybe he’s changed.” I shrug before the both of us head up the stairs and enter the grand mansion. Just as we step inside the foyer, butlers take our coats and my helmet before ushering us towards our father’s office.

“Glad you girls got my message.” Our fathers says as he turns around in his chair. The familiar sinister smirk on his lips as he looks at us. “My two favorite trained assassin in one room again; makes me a happy father.”

“What do you want Dad?” I ask, getting straight to the point. “Doom doesn’t want to join in on your plan to take over the world.”

“Why do you think every time I ask you girls to come see me, it’s about business?” He asks, feigning a gutted expression.

“Because this is you we’re talking about.” I point out. “So you might as well get to the point so I can properly decline your offer.”

“I need you girls to infiltrate a certain undercover agency; SHIELD to be exact.” He says. “If I’m ever going to succeed, I’m gonna have to dismantle their strongest point.”

“Which would be?” Aurora asks.

“The Avengers.” He replies with a smile; knowing how much we hated SHIELD for creating The Avengers.

“So you want us, to take them down?” I ask. “This is a suicide mission; you’re send your daughter to their death.”

“For once, I agree with Harley on this.” Aurora says. “Plus they’re going to realize we’re sister and then find out about you. This plan isn’t going to work.”

“It’s going to work, because I already got you girls new identies and you’re already signed up. You start working at SHIELD first this Monday.” He smiles as two of his employees hand us new passports, badges, and our new files.

“We had no choice in this, did we?” I ask.

“None what so ever….”
♠ ♠ ♠
Harley

comment&subscribe?

Chapter title credit: Torture by Picture Me Broken