Status: Guess Who's Back?

In Love With My Brother's Best Friend

Chapter One

"Zak," I moaned as he sucked on my neck.

He licked my collar bone and gripped his hands tighter around my waist. I pressed my body closer to his and felt a slight bulge. A devilish smile crept across my face. I nipped his earlobe and dug my nails into his firm back.

"April," he growled. "You've been very, very bad. I'm going to have to punish you."

He caught my bottom lip with his teeth and gave a brief bite. I groaned in ecstasy. He pulled his body away from mine and took off his tight shirt exposing his buff chest. He flashed a devilish grin and continued to undress. He lowered his body onto mine and my ears were filled with screams.


No, the scream of one specific person.

"April! Wake your lazy ass up NOW!" My older brother screamed.

"Nooooo," I cried back.

I had lost track of how many times I had have this dream. I wasn't complaining at all, I just wish Aaron wouldn't always wake me up.

"April, babe. Please just get up. Nick and Zak will be here soon sweetie," my older sister Amy gently said as she walked into my room.

I groaned in frustration. I really couldn't handle seeing Zak today. The very thought of being close to him made my body ache.

"Uh, actually I think I going to go shopping today," I announced as Aaron walked into my room and Amy sat on my bed.

"No. I need you here today," Aaron argued.

"You have Ames! She is wayy more capable of helping you than I am! I- I get confused a lot!" I stammered, out of excuses.

Aaron scoffed. When it came to the paranormal, I was the "go-to" sister. Amy knew what she was doing, she just wasn't as dedicated as I was.

The doorbell rang throughout the house and Aaron quickly jumped up to answer the door, a grin on his face. I let out a deep sigh and Amy looked at me sympathetically.

"I know. Zak and that huge ego of his," she whispered patting my knee and shutting my door so I could dress.

Oh, I wasn't thinking about how big his ego was...

I quickly put on a pair of black skinny jeans and my purple Dungeon Wear shirt with black Vans. I threw my wavy chocolate brown hair into a pony tail and quickly did my make-up. I applied black eyeliner to the waterline of my eye and lightly brushed on brown eyeshadow.

I stepped away from the mirror and examined my work. Brilliant, like usual. My eyes wondered to my V-neck Dungeon Wear shirt and couldn't help but notice how great my breasts looked. I grinned and grabbed my iPhone, snapping a picture for my Instagram.

I took one with a lopsided grin and captioned it as "Big day with the guys! Can't wait to see what adventures today brings ;) #DungeonWear #GAC #ILoveMyBigBro" I also posted the picture to Twitter and instantly received a notification. It was from the devil himself.

"@Zak_Bagans: @AprilGoodwin get your ass downstairs and hug me now!"

I let out a chuckle and ran my hair through my ponytail one last time. I skipped out of my room and jogged down the stairs. When I reached the bottom I was engulfed into a massive hug.

"Um, hi Zak," I mumbled into his chest, wrapping my arms around his torso to return the gesture. God, he smelled amazing. And he had such a firm chest...

"Hi Apes. How'd you sleep? You feel asleep on me last night," he said, releasing me. Zak was talking about how we had been on Skype.

The two of us were brainstorming new equipment to use and locations to visit. I loved talking business, but my ass was tired.I shrugged my shoulders and made my way over to Nick.

We comfortably wrapped our arms around each other. Nick and I had always been close. At one point I did have a small crush on him, but once I met his wife my crush disappeared. They were so happy and in love, hell they still are.

Zak came up behind me and wrapped an arm around my waist and began pulling me away from Nick. Nick's facial expressions twisted for a moment, but he regained his composure.

Zak continued to pull me into the empty family room and gently tugged me onto his lap. I gratefully rested my head on the crook of his neck as he started rubbing circles on my hips subconsciously.
"What's on your mind Zachary?" I breathed.

He hesitated for a few moments. "You," he quietly replied.

I sat in shock for a moment until I felt his hand creep lower. He let out a deep sigh as I arched my back to his touch. His hand was now mere centimeters from where I wanted him most, the only thing separating us being my jeans and panties. His breath was hot in my ear as he pulled my frame into his.

Footsteps began walking towards us and Zak's hand quickly jerked back to my hip. He released a disappointed sigh and closed his eyes. We slept like this all the time, so I closed my eyes too.

"I wish he would just tell her," I heard Amy whisper.

"I personally think it's a bad idea Amy," Nick softly retorted, a slight hint of jealously in his voice.

I felt Zak shift awkwardly. I took this as my que and let out a deep sigh as I stretched my body. Zak slightly stiffened as my chest moved up near his face and my ass shifted close to his groin.

I opened my eyes slowly to see Nick looking out the window, thinking. I pulled Zak's firm hand off of my body, only to feel a little slap on my ass. I spun around and gaped at him for a few seconds. He had a mischievous gleam in his eyes. I rolled my eyes at him in mock annoyance, and walked over to Nick, wrapping my arms around him and resting my head on his shoulder.

"What's wrong Nicky?" I asked.

He sighed and wrapped an arm around me, "Things aren't going so great with Veronique."

I nodded my head, and gave him a tight squeeze, "You know that we're always here for you."

He gave my head a peck and mumbled something I couldn't understand.

"Shit, I better go help the Thing make breakfast or he'll be pissed," I laughed. Nick let me go.

As I turned to walk into the kitchen, I noticed Zak wasn't on the couch. My eyebrows crinkled in frustration. Something was up with him today. Part of me wanted to find out what was up with Zak, but another part of me wanted to leave it alone. I continued to have my internal war as I walked into the kitchen.

Much to my surprise, Zak was making pancakes. Aaron and Amy were sitting in front of their laptops drinking coffee. I shook off the surprise and walked over to the fridge, pulling out orange juice and pink lemonade.

I walked around the kitchen, getting plates, silverware, and glasses. Zak finally finished making pancakes so I went over to the oven and started making the bacon.

Zak rested his head on my shoulder, and placed a hand on my hip.

He took a deep inhale,"God, that smells amazing Ape." I grinned in thanks.

His thumb started rubbing small circles on my clothed flesh. I turned to whisper into his ear, and found his lips near mine, "You're um, you're distracting me," I mumbled. I returned to flipping the bacon. Zak didn't budge and inch, if anything, he got closer.

"Zak, bro. That's my baby sister. Get the hell off of her," I heard Aaron growl.

I felt my body being pulled back, my head briefly resting above Zak's heart. As swiftly as I was in his arms, he was gone, leaving me dazed and confused.

I quickly finished the bacon and announced that breakfast was complete. Everyone rushed to the table and filled their plates. I was the last person to sit, so I had to choose between sitting by Nick or Zak. Right now they were both confusing the life out of me, so I sat at the bar by myself. I let my mind wonder back to the first time I ever met Zak and Nick.