Status: Guess Who's Back?

In Love With My Brother's Best Friend

Chapter Four

We continued to kiss, hands caressing each others flesh. Zak's body hovered over mine and he drew small circles on my cheek. I gently ran my hands up and down his chest, hearing him purr in pleasure.

I barely noticed my brother enter until he let out a yell. "What the fuck, man!"

Zak's lips quickly left mine and my face became scarlet. I opened my mouth to speak as Amy dashed up behind my brother. Once she saw the closeness of my proximity with Zak, she emitted a beautiful smile.

"Aaron, man I-" Zak started.

Aaron quickly cut him off, "Bro, I know that you've like her for forever, but don't you think you should've consulted me before you two started dry fucking in my house?" He bellowed.

"Oh, shut up Aaron! April is capable of taking care of herself!" Amy snapped. "Personally, I couldn't be more happy!"

I let out a little giggle and buried my face in my hands. Zak's fingertip gently brushed hair from my forehead before planting a delicate kiss on my temple.

"I'm gonna go downstairs," Zak whispered into my ear, "and sort things out with him."

I gave my head a nod and felt the bed rise. Aaron's angry footsteps could be heard thumping down the stairs, followed by Zak's heavy steps.

Amy let a soft sigh leave her lips as she tossed my yoga pants onto my bare thighs. My face reddened again in embarrassment.

"No need to be embarrassed, just don't let Aaron see you like that again," Amy chuckled.

I put on my yoga pants quickly and sat back down on my bed, checking twitter from my phone. I had tons of mentions, but one stuck out.

"@Zak_Bagans: Guess I'm in trouble with Aaron... Completely worth it ;) @AprilGoodwin"

I hit reply and quickly typed "@AprilGoodwin: @Zak_Bagans I couldn't agree more :)))"

People quickly tweeted us, asking what we were talking about. No matter how much I love the fans, I didn't want to go public with whatever was going on between Zak and me. I made a mental note to talk to him about it.

Amy was sitting on my bed still, a goofy grin on her beautiful face. I looked back at her, and threw an Aaron face which caused her to snort. I leaned onto my older sister and she gave my head a peck.

"You really approve?" I whispered.

I moved so she could look me in the eyes, "Of course I do babe. He makes you happy, always have. He treats you like gold. He cares about you, baby sister."

A sheepish grin appeared on my face as I lowered my eyes and began to nibble my cheek, one of my nervous habits.

I heard a soft knock on my door. Amy and I turned to see Nick poke his head through. I flashed him a warm smile as Ames stood up and left. Nick shifted awkwardly from one foot to another as I patted the space where my sister had been sitting. He accepted the invitation and plopped down. I rested my head on his lap, looking up at his face.

"Is it true?" He questioned.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I mean, I guess. I don't really know what's going on between us," I confessed.

He nodded his head in understanding. "I gotta tell you somethin'," he began. I nodded for him to continue. "Well, Veronique and I, we're- we're getting a divorce."

I gapped at him with wide eyes before sitting up and wrapping my arms around his body. He clung to me, his head buried in my shoulder.

"Do the guys know?" I whispered.

He let out a muffled "no."

I squeezed him tighter, tears forming in my eyes. Annabelle, that poor baby. It killed me to even think about how it would hurt her to have divorced parents.

"If you don't mind me asking, why are you getting a divorce?" I whispered softly.

He let out a sigh before speaking. "She- she's been having an affair for a few years. I mean, I always suspected something. But a few weeks ago, I came home and there they were," he choked out, letting a tear fall.

It killed me to see Nick cry, he was such a strong man. I gave his cheek a peck before I rested my head on his shoulder. "I love you, Nicky," I told him.

"I love you too, April," he replied, placing his head back on my shoulder.

I started humming a Johnny Cash song, occasionally singing. We sat in our comfortable embrace for a few minutes before he decided to stand up.

"I'm gonna go downstairs," Nick spoke.

I nodded my head and watched him leave my room, a broken look on his face. I stayed in my room for another ten minutes before I too trudged down the stairs. My ears were filled with the sound of laughter.

I looked around, confusion flooding my features. It appeared that Zak had just told a hilarious joke which had everyone in a fit. I stopped in the doorway to the kitchen, observing the scene with morbid curiosity. Zak was the first to notice me, so he walked over and kissed my cheek.

"Come on," he grinned grabbing my hand softly and intertwining our fingers.

I looked at my big brother with wide eyes and he simply threw me a grin in return.

"We talked. He made me some promises, so I said it was okay," Aaron spoke softly.

"Wait, what does that even mean?" I questioned.

"That means, if you'll take me, I have the blessing to be your boyfriend," Zak answered.

A sly grin crossed my face as I leaned forward and kissed his waiting lips tenderly. Our eardrums were greeted by the thundering sound of hoots and clapping.

He gently stroked my cheek with his thumb and I felt my heart kickstart all over again.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little bit longer than my usual updates :) Please continue to give feedback and such!
xoxo M