Status: Finished

To Die For

Do you love him?

"Ares, wait up," Keera yelled.

Ares turned around and looked up at Keera. "Hey chica, watcha need? I gotta move quick or Manson'll be pissed that I'm late again."

"You? Move quick? Please Ares, don't make me laugh," Keera said smirking, "But anyway, I wanted to know what's up with you and Cain?"

Ares groaned, "Keera, not this again. We're just friends. You know that. And he's still going out with Selene, has been for 9 months to the day. He's happy with her, that's all I want for him," Ares started walking again.

Keera looked at Ares and smiled, "Ares, you know his anniversary, birthday, and practically all of his plans better than you know your own. You love him, you know you do. You two are made for each other. He'd be so much happier with you than Selene."

Ares stopped walking suddenly and glared at Keera, "Yes, I love him. But I want him to be happy and if he is with Selene, then I'm fine with it. I'm not the type to make them break up just to get with him. Hell, unless he wants to, I'll never be with him. I won't push him, and I won't screw things up for him. It's called unselfish love, maybe you should try it sometime. Now I've got to go, band's got a football game to play at tonight and if I'm late again Manson'll have my head."

Keera stared at Ares, not believing what she'd just heard, "Ares....I.....I'm sorry....I....I didn't know-"

"Bullshit!" Ares exclaimed suddenly, "You knew damn well, you just didn't expect me to say anything. Now leave me alone!" Ares stormed away in anger to head to the football game.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I'm trying my hand at this, I can't promise it'll be very good. I've never thought of myself as much of a writer, so let me know what you think and if you want to read more.

Keera probably won't be around for much of the story, or she may be, I'm not sure, I haven't decided yet. You'll probably get to meet Cain in the next chapter.