Status: Finished

To Die For

Preparation

"Freedom," Ares thought to herself as she collapsed on the couch after school Wednesday. "I should cook something for the guys tomorrow."

"Yo, bozos," she hollered from the light living room. "Ya'll want a turkey for Thanksgiving?"

"Bozos?" she heard Gary ask from behind her.

"Yup," she replied, "Bozos. So you want a turkey or not?"

"Sure, turkey sounds great, but only if you want to Ares," Gary answered.

"Kk," Ares said. "Cain, if you don't answer me now, I'm going to feed you dog food tomorrow," she shouted.

Gary chuckled. "As entertaining as that would be, I fell it's only fair to tell you that Cain's not going to answer because he's not here. He said he was going over to Logan's house."

"Great!" Ares said happily. "I'll go get a turkey and a present for him for Friday. Still haven't done that yet."

"You guys still do that goofy tradition of giving each other gifts for the other one's birthday?" Gary asked.

"Yep, yep, yep," Ares said. "Why wouldn't we? If we didn't, we'd only get presents for birthdays once a year, and that's just boring."

"You have fun with that darlin'," Gary said. "Gotta go to work, see ya later."

"See ya," Ares told him as he left. "Now what for Cain's present?" she wondered out loud to herself. "Oh well, I'll think on the way. For now, I'd better go get the turkey before they're totally out of 'em."

She grabbed her keys and headed for the door.

She stopped with her hand on the doorknob.

"Oh, perfect gift idea!" she said happily and did her happy dance. "Now time to go get it," she said determined.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been calling people bozos a lot lately, so I couldn't resist :)

I got slightly southern in this chapter, sorry if that's irritating. Where I live, it's just natural.

What do you think her present for Cain is?

Enjoy :)