Status: This takes place in The Civil War c:

Jenna.

Chapter One; Jenna, Lana, And The Army

"Jasper, wake up!" Jasper's sister, Jenna said. Jasper softly groaned and sat up. "I don't want to get up." He complained, making Jenna role her eyes and giggle. "Well you have to." She said and walked out of his room.

Jenna was a beautiful girl. She had long blonde hair that was wavy, pale skin, heart shaped lips, and was a skinny girl. She was fifteen years old, just a year younger then Jasper. Jenna never had any boyfriends, but she was currently crushing on someone. It was a man who was seven years older then her. He had dirty blonde hair that was kind of puffy, and, to Jenna's surprise, had golden eyes. Jenna always thought of him as an angel sent down to be hers.

Jenna herself had violet colored eyes, but she considered that to be normal. She looked alot like Jasper and like their mother.

Jasper walked into the dining room and sat down, seeing a plate of food. He started eating after Jenna sat down. It was just him and Jenna, considering their parents died a year ago. Everyone knew they were perfectly capable of taking care of theirselves, so no adults had to come and live with them or take them away.

Soon after Jasper and Jenna finished their breakfast, they got up and both went and did what they had to. Jenna went to the school house and Jasper went to work. Jasper didn't go to school because they needed money, so he decided to just work. He worked at a wood place.

Jasper walked torwards his walked, but felt someone wrap their arms around him. He turned his head and saw a girl with black hair. It was his girlfriend, Lana. He smiled and hugged her. She was a very short girl (So he practicly towered over her!) and she was also very skinny, but not as skinny as Jenna. She had dark green eyes and was just a little tan. Her hair was long and was in a braid behind her back.

She giggled "Off to work?" She asked after pulling away from the hug. Jasper nodded "Yeah, where are you off to?" He asked. "I'm going to get some bread. But I really hope I have enough money, the war is making things kind of expensive." She explained. Jasper sighed and nodded, "Yeah." He agreed. Lana didn't go to school either, she stayed at home and helped her mom take care of her five younger siblings. She stated that once her father was back from serving in the war, she was going to school.

Jasper hugged Lana once more before continuing to walk torwards work. Once he got there, he hid behind a wall because he heard some workers talking about the war.

"I'm thinking about joining the army."
"But your seventeen, your not old enough."
"They're desperate up there, starting from now on, they don't care how old you are as long as you're over the age of fifteen and if your not a female."
"Yeah, but who would want to join the army? Its obvious the Yankies are going to win."
"Well, they've apperently decided that they're going to pay that person's family if they join."
"Really? How much?"
"One Hundred Dollars."

Jasper didn't stay and listen to the rest, he sprinted torwards one of the camps the army put up in case someone wanted to sign up for the army.

He was going to sign up because him and Jenna were in desperate need for money.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, does it suck? Lemme know please c: By the way, if you didn't know, one hundren dollars was considered ALOT back then, so yeah. Bye!