Status: This takes place in The Civil War c:

Jenna.

Chapter three; Changes

It had been three weeks since Jasper left. Jenna had been locked in her house, not going to school. Lana, Jasper's girlfriend, had left town with her father so she could try to get over the fact that Jasper was in war, and Mr. Robertson had left town. No one knew why he did, he just did. No note or anything.

Jenna only went out of her house to get fruits and vegtables from her garden and to use the outhouse, but thats all. She wasn't her cheerful self anymore. She had grown a bit thinner, a little paler, and her eyes were a faded color of purple. She wasn't enjoying being alone, not at all. She also wondered why on earth Mr. Robertson left. Maybe it was a family emergency and he left without a word? Maybe he just didn't like it in Texas anymore and left. Jenna had no single idea why, and the thought of losing not only her brother, but the man she loved too was unbearable.

Jenna decided that today she needed to get away from the house, so she got dressed in one of her nice dresses and left the house. She walked around the town and people gave her sympathedic looks, some people even came up to her and said how sorry they were for her. They knew that Jasper was Jenna's only family member left because her mom died of cancer and her dad was shot when he was in the middle of a bank robbery. Jenna often thought about her parents and sometimes cried when she thought about their deaths.

Jenna sighed and bought some meat and more fruit from a salesman before starting to walk back home. She decided that she didn't want to go back to school, so she told her teacher she wouldn't be returning anytime soon. As Jenna walked home, she noticed something strang. She heard a noise in the woods and would feel like someone was watching her, but when she looked no one was there. As soon as she got home, she got her father's pistol and walked outside "Hello?" She called softly. "Is anyone there?" She asked.

Before she knew it, she was thrown to the ground and someone-or something climbed ontop of her. She screamed loudly, but she didn't live near people, so screaming wouldn't help. She looked at whatever it was: It was a person, a very strong one, he had a cloak on and the hoodie was hiding his face. Jenna could tell that he was starring at her neck and she started to cry "Please...please don't kill me!" She pleaded.

The person slapped her in the face. It was the worst pain she had ever felt. Ever. It was like his hand was a stone. In fact, this guy was like a walking statue. He grabbed Jenna's chin and tilted it to the side, and she could have sworn she saw fangs. He was about to charge for her neck, but someone else picked him up and threw him at her wooden fence, breaking it. She starred at the person who threw him, he was also wearing a cloak. He hissed at the person lying on the ground and walked over to him. He picked him up by the neck and ran away. Jenna could hear a man screaming and soon was sharply cut off.

Jenna jumped up and ran inside her house. She closed the door and locked it, then she ran to her room. She had a mirror in their, and she wanted to see how bad her face was. She looked at her face and saw that she was bleeding just a little bit and that her cheek was a dark shade of red. She winced when she touched it. She ran into her kitchen and grabbed some medicine, she put it on some cloth, then she slowly and gently dabbed it on her face. She couldn't understand what had just happened, and she didn't know if she was sane or insane.

She put a bandage on her cheek, then she walked to the corner of her bedroom and slid down the wall. She started crying, not knowing what to do. She pulled her legs to her chest and rocked back and forth as she cried.