Even if the Long Road Takes Us Home

Two

"Kayla. Get up!" I began mumbling and rolled over to see my roommate, Roni, standing over me.

"Why?"

"Your first class is in 20 minutes!" She exclaimed. I bolted out of bed. "Really?!" I scrambled for a pair of sweatpants nad slide them on. I switched my black cami for a purple on and slid on my Converse.

"Ok, breakfast is in the microwave."

"I owe you one, seriously. When's your first class?"

"40 minutes. See you later. I'm going to eat at the SUB." I nodded not really caring about where she was going. I twisted my bonde hair into a bun.

"Kayla! Let's go!" I heard my friend, Dashlin, shout. I chuckled at his impatience as he stalked in from the kitchen.

"Grab my breakfast?" I said, grabbing my jacket and my bag. I shhok my head as I saw him with a mouth full of Cheetos. Jeez. What a pig.

"Food." He said around the mouth, chuckung my breakfast at me. We raced to class. shoving each other into people and doors, earning a few bruises. We burst into the almost full class room. We paused at the doors as all the eyes flew to us.

"You mus be Mr. Porter and Ms. Kjellberg!" A younger looking professor said, an amused smile on his face.

"Yes, that's us." He grinned. "Good. And you two are the reason why we have a seating chart." I frowned.

"But what about walk-ins? Guests? Missing people? Seating charts won't work!"

"Oh. It's only for you two." Dashlin squeled and latched on to me. "B-b-but we're conjoined twins! See!" I winced as his hip hit mine.

"Holy crap. You're skinny." He muttered in a shocked voice. The professor laughed. "Nice try Mr. Porter. Bonus points for trying. Now, you are sit in the back, seat O12. Ms. Kjellberg, A7.