Status: Rewriting

Chemicals, Romance, and Coffee

NY's Retarded Brother

Lindsey’s POV

“I can’t believe its our last day together.” My best friend Kitty said.

“Well, for now at least....”

“Shit Linds. We’re all gonna miss ya.”

“I’ll miss you too Jimmy, you to Steve!” We all hugged. This is the last time I’m going to see them in a long time, don’t judge me! And no, its not one of those big, jaw dropping reasons why! Like “Oh no, I found out my dads a spy!” Or, “Woah I have super powers!” kind of thing. Its simple. I’m moving. My dad got a new job in Belleville, New Jersey. Out of all the places, I’m moving to New York's retarded brother!

“Promise me you'll keep in touch!” Kitty asked.

“Of course I will! Are you crazy?!?!”

“Just a little bit.” We all smiled. I’m really going to miss Kitty. Her crazy pigtails, dark eyes, to her legendary drumming! Then there was Stevie. His black hair, and incredible guitar playing will never leave my mind! And last but, not least was Jimmy. Known him since 6th grade. He has the most insane spiky hair, that points in all angles, I SWEAR he goes through 2 bottles of hair gel a day! And I’ll definitely miss his.....”Unique” singing voice.

“What are we gonna do about the band?” Stevie whispered. I sighed.

“You can still be a band.” I said.

“HOW??” Screamed Kitty. “You won’t be here! Who will play bass? Who will help me go through all my guy troubles, who will calm me down on “those” days! Who will help me when my drum sticks break? Who will-”

“KITTY!!” We all shrieked.

“Everything is gonna be ok, you can always find a new bass player, and I will always be just a phone call away.”

“You're right....” She said. “But Mindless Self Indulgence will never be the same without you!” We all hugged and said our final goodbye, and later went home. Once I got there, I plopped on the bed.

“Things are never gonna be the same.”

*************THE NEXT MORNING*****************

BEEP BEEP BEEP!

“SHUT UP!!” I cried out, and slammed a fist on my alarm clock. Afterwards I sat up and took a breath. “Todays the day.” I said out loud, I got up and changed.

“Lindsey!! Get down here now! We are leaving in 5 minutes!” My mother screamed.

“Okay, okay, I got it! My god!” I get down stairs with a hand on my hip, my mom having the “you're in trouble missy” pose, accompanied with a glare.

“Don’t use that attitude with me missy! Now go help your father put the rest of the boxes in the trunk!”

“Yes ma'am!” I did a mock salute and headed out. My dad was pretty much done, just a few more boxes.

“You're gonna love it there sweetie! Belleville has lots of art and music programs and-”

“Lots of crime, rapist, murderers, and robbers there. I'm totally gonna love it!” I sarcastically interrupted. He sighed, and continued packing away the boxes.

“Alright family! Its road trip time!”

“It doesn't count as a road trip if the trip only lasts a day.” I said.

“Lindsey.” My mother warned. I ignored her and blasted “The Misfits.” on my Ipod. The car ride wasn't as long as I thought it would be. Mostly cause I fell asleep...

We rolled up to a normal driveway, to a normal house. We all got out of the car, and I got my stuff from the trunk. But I had the weirdest feeling that someone was watching me…..My room was big, has a cool window, walk-in closet, blah blah blah. All the stuff an average teenage girl would want. To be honest, I couldn't care less. I unpacked just about everything. My clothes, my posters, and pictures of friends. Then the doorbell rang.

“I got it!” I called, but my mom beat me to it. I heard a few introductions but I didn’t really pay attention. I stepped down on the final stair when my mom said-

“Oh! And this is my daughter Lindsey. Lindsey, these nice people, are the Way family. They live next door.

“Hello.” I said

“Why don’t you guys come in, and we can get to know each other a bit!” Mom announced. I groaned, and my mother sent me a glare. “Lindsey honey, this is Mrs. Way.”

“Hi Mrs. Way.” I said politely. She then waved her hand and then says.

“Please sweetheart! Call me Donna, Mrs. Way makes me feel like Alfred from Batman.” I laughed, I like this women already! “Anyway, these are my sons.” She points to a tall, skinny boy first. “This my youngest Mikey.”

“Nice to meet you.” He says quietly.

“Likewise.” I reply. “Nice beanie.”

“Thanks.” His beanie was pretty cool. It complimented his blonde, brown hair that fell over his hazel eyes. But, the first thing I noticed about him was his glasses. They are all the way down to his nose! “Strange kid.” I thought.

“And this is my eldest, Gerard.”

“Umm....Hi...” He spoke shyly,

“Hi.” I said back. Gerard seems really shy, and awkward. He had messy, black, chalkboard hair, to go with his chalk, white skin. His hair just came over the top part of his....Intriguing hazel eyes, which are rimmed with black liner. He has the impression being mysterious, and interesting. I'm not exactly sure what made him that way, I couldn't wrap my finger around it. All I knew was I wanted to find out more. He held out his hand, and I took it observantly. He then pulled away and put his hand into his sweater pocket.

“I have an idea!” My mom announced. “Why don’t we all have a little neighbor dinner to get to know each other more! What do you thinks Lindsay?” I took a deep breath.

“Sounds great Ma.” My voice laced with sarcasm, and my eyes rolled.

“Oh, well that does sound fun! Why don’t we have it at our place?” Donna asked.

“Oh! But you don’t have to!” My mom said. For the next 10 minutes are moms talked about the dinner, who will be there, what to wear, yadda yadda yadda.

Gerard’s POV

Wow, Lindsey is even prettier up close! I was being that weird, awkward, teenager talking on the new neighbors. I mean, I knew we were gonna get new neighbors, I just didn't know the had a beautiful daughter. I heard the moving truck pass by, and being the curious guy I was, I looked out my window. And my fucking God! I am so glad I did. She’s so pretty! I hope she didn't catch me looking at her. Just...Wow...Lindsey Ballato, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever met. For fucks sake Gerard! Stop thinking that! You have a girlfriend!

-----------------------A Few Hours Later-------------

Lindsey’s POV

“Lindsey! Hurry up! We were supposed to be at the Way’s 5 minutes ago!” My mother called.

“Alright, alright I’m coming!” I rushed down stairs and quickly checked how I looked in the mirror downstairs. My black hair in pigtails, my lips painted red, along with my punky, schoolgirl attire. I hate to brag, but I looked pretty good! I think I’m gonna dress like this for now on.

We made our way to the Ways. My mom in a professional looking dress, and my dad in a light blue dress shirt. Ding dong! went the doorbell, and a very happy Donna Way came out.

“Come on in!” She said. So we all walked in. “I’m sorry but, my husband won’t be able to join us today. He’s stuck in the office.

“Oh that quite alright!” Replied my mother. Donna led us to the dining room. Where there was chicken, and lasagna laid out on the table. It smelled so mouth-watering! I couldn't wait to try some. The Way brothers were already there. Mikey was reading an X-men comic, while Gerard was on his phone.

“Boys pay attention! And put those away!” Scolded Donna. The two brothers groaned, but, put their possessions away. We all ate dinner in silence well, Gerard, Mikey, and I did at least. The parents were talking about whatever grown ups talked about, and we kept silent. After dinner the adults went into the living room for some tea. Which left the three of us awkward teens in the dining room.

“Uhh...” Went Mikey.

“Do you guys wanna hangout in my room?” Gerard asked awkwardly.

“Why not.” I replied. “Its better than doing nothing.” With that we made our way to Gerard’s room, which was surprisingly in the basement. It was dark, yet comfortable looking. “Why is it so dark?” As I asked why, Gerard flipped the light switch on.

“You see that window over there?” He pointed to a small window by his desk.

“Yeah.”

“Well that's the only natural light that come in my room.”

“Oh.” I chuckled. “Hey, did you draw this?” I pointed to a drawing of a spaceman with a gorrilla body.

“Uh, Yeah...”

“Its really good!”

“Thanks. Uh, do you draw?”

“Ha! Do I draw? Of course I do!” I think that's what got everything started. All the drama, and chaos.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, Review, and Subscribe:) Happy reading:)
If your reading this chapter. it has been rewritten