Shenanigans

Chapter 17

Adrienne's POV
I sped off in a rage. I didn't even know what I was doing or where I was going. I didn't realize I
had left Jason without a ride. I'm sure he would understand. It's not like he never went apeshit for a someone he loved.
Loved?
Yes, I still loved Billie. Why? Why couldn't I get over it? He was over me! Was I using Jason
to make him jealous?
I pulled up in Lane's driveway and sighed. I didn't know why everyone went here when they had a problem, because Mike and Lane had the scariest parental situation of everyone. Just one out of place visitor and the next time we saw them would be at their lay-outs.
I only saw her car in the driveway. Good. It would just be the two of us. I got out and walked
in. The TV was still on and it looked like someone had been searching for something. I walked up to her room and opened the door. She was out cold, so I tried to wake her.
"Not now, Mike, i'm trying to sleep."
"Lane, it's Adie."
She blinked her eyes open and looked at me.
"Oh, hi." She replied in a sleepy tone. "Is Mike still not home? I thought you would either be
him or Tre."
"Where'd Mike go?"
She hesitated.
"I...don't know. Anyways, what blesses me with your presence at..." she looked over at the clock.
"1:30 in the morning?"
"I need to talk to you. Rory...well...I didn't want to bother her with my problems after the bomb.
Besides, she was already burdened with them tonight. Now it's your turn!"
"Oh. Hooray for me!" She sat up and motioned for me to sit in front of her. "So. What's going
on?"
"I still love Billie. A lot. I want him back so badly. But..."
I paused and sighed. I had to take it all in.
"But what?"
"But, there's the whole Jason deal. And...well...we have Hauskinka. Billie's totally in love with
her. In fact, they-"
"I know, I heard from Tre." Lane said, cringing.
"Oh. Yeah. Well, I left in a bit of a rage. And when I say left, I also mean that Jason was left
without a ride and-"
"You forgot your own boyfriend? For crying out loud!" She screamed at me.
"I KNOW! But seeing those two together, it just...it just...I dunno. I'm so stupid. I want him
back! And I don't love Jason. It's awkward! He's like my weird younger brother!"
"Woah. What is it with everyone and these relationship issues? OK, if you don't love him, dump him. He'll get over it and move on. Look how fast he moved on from me! But, you do need to find some way to make it up for deserting him at Billie's. He's probably walking home alone. As for Billie, well, Mike is gonna have a talk with Billie about this. Or I will. You and Billie are meant to be together forever. All of us, including Billie, know it. Now, what we have to do now is get some sleep!"
I sighed. I knew she was right. I didn't need Jason. I needed Billie. Billie was mine. I put my
elbow on my knee and put my head in my hand. I sure as hell am tired. It was so overwhelming, the whole night. Billie had gone from completely in love with me to completely over me. Jason and I were completely in love to completely falling apart. Rory's biggest secret was revealed. She wasn't with the person she loved, either.
What the hell was all this going on for?
I sat straight again and noticed Lane had cleared off the other side of her bed. I watched her
bringing in extra pillows.
"You are sleeping over tonight and I'm not hearing otherwise. We'll have a girl's day
tomorrow...call up Rory and blow some of my stepdad's money and piss him off. How does that sound?"
I laughed. It was probably the first time today.
"Sounds great to me."

Whatsername's POV
The knock at the door made me twitch awake. I looked around me. How did I get on the floor? I guess the 7 bottles of beer on the table explains it. They knocked again and I got up to answer. I didn't know who was here at this time of night.
"Who is it?" I said, standing behind the door.
"I'm the prince of fucking darkness, baby." he replied.
Oh no, it wasn't...
"JIMMY?!" I squealed, throwing the locks back and throwing the door open. I grabbed him in my arms and kissed him.
"I'm back!"
"Wh...how?"
"Let's just say, our little Jesus problem is over. He won't be coming back anytime soon!"
"Jimmy, I missed you so much! I'm so glad you're back! But there's something I have to tell
you..."
"What is it, honey?"
"I'm...kinda with Mike...now. But, the thing is, I don't think he loves me."
He grabbed my by the hips and pulled my close to him.
"No one loves you as much as I did." He whispered. I kissed him again. Mike who?
"Come on, W. It's gonna be like old times now. You're my life now. It's just us against the
world. I love you more than life itself."
"I love you's not enough, I'm lost for words." I said, smiling and kissing him again.
"Let's go, W. We need to get out of here and do something insane together for my first night
back."
"Okay." I said, gleeming with joy.

Billie Joe's POV
I couldn't sleep. I needed to talk to someone. Since no one was there anyways, I just left my
house.
Mike was my best friend of 7 years. I could tell him anything and everything and not feel like a
total girl.
I got in the car and sped off to his house. I noticed the car was still there, along with a car
that looked vaguely familiar. I was too angry with myself to even care whose it was. I checked the door to see if it was unlocked and it was. To be honest, that kind of freaked me out. I had a feeling I was about to walk in and find someone dead.
"MIKE! MIKE!!"
Nothing.
"MICHAEL RYAN PRITCHARD!"
Still nothing. Third time's the charm right?
"MICHAEL JAMES FREDERICK RYAN PRITCHARD!!"
So I threw in a few extra names? Maybe that would get someone's attention.
It sure did...
"Billie, what the fuck are you doing? It's 2 in the fucking morning." Lane said, trudging in with
her eyes half open.
"I need to talk to Mike. Where is he? Is he OK?" I asked, anxiously.
"He went...out. He's fine. What do you want?"
"I need to talk to him about something. Where'd he go? I'll go find him."
"I don't know where he went exactly. Do you wanna talk to me about-"
Someone came in and interrupted us. Honestly, it was probably the last person I wanted to talk to right now.
"I thought I had a dream I heard Billie yell....What the fuck are you doing here?"
"H...hi, Adie. Wh...what are you doing here?"
"I would ask you the same thing. I was sleeping until some lunatic came yelling for his
boyfriend."
I had to groan. I leaned on the wall and my head fell back, hitting it. I barely felt the pain.
"Do you wanna wait here til he gets back? You can sleep in the couch or take his bed. We also have the extra bedroom."
I looked at Adie and looked down.
"No, look, I'm just gonna go. Forget it." I said, walking toward the door.
"Billie, wait." I heard and turned around. It was Adie!! "Look, we need to talk. About a lot of
stuff. We can't keep acting like this, especially when we see each other everyday." She turned to Lane.
"Hey, Alaina, thanks for cheering me up. But, you know I have to do this. I need to talk to him and I'm sure he has stuff to tell me. I'm still holding you up on that girl's day out, OK? Call me tomorrow when you get up?"
Lane rubbed her eyes and yawned.
"Yeah, sure, whatever. Can I go to bed now?" She asked, leaning on the wall next to her.
"Goodnight, Lane." We said, walking out of the house.
We got in our cars and drove to my house. Returning to the scene of the crime might not have been the best idea. We walked in and walked back to my room. She jumped on the bed and I pulled up a chair.
It had been only a minute, but it seemed like an hour we sat there in complete silence. We stared off to opposite corners of the room, her eyes fixated on a picture on my dresser of the two of us. I hadn't realized that it was still there, even through the 5 months we've been apart. She rolled over and picked it up, looking at it and laughing.
"Do you remember when this was taken?"
I looked at it. It was a close up of us over the summer at Tre's. I was kissing her cheek and she was smiling. It was just us, no one in the background even.
"Yeah. When Tre had that party and Jason got so wasted, he got naked and danced on the table outside."
"Oh, I forgot about that. What is with you guys and getting naked when you get wasted?"
"I don't know." I said, laughing. I scooted closer to her and she looked into my eyes. Before I
knew it, the moment was over.
"Anyways...we should talk. About us."
"Y...yeah. Us." I paused and sighed, sitting silently for a second. "Look, Adie, I was totally
out of line when I freaked out on you."
"No, Billie, it was my fault. I over reacted and didn't talk to you about it."
"But I shouldn't have acted like that. I was scared. I'm only 18, I didn't know what I was gonna
do with a kid. It's not that I didn't love you, it's just-"
"I know, Billie. I was scared, too. Probably more than you were. You have your music and a baby would have gotten in the way."
"But I should have been more careful. It'd have been partially my fault if you would've been
pregnant."
"I know. Look, why don't we agree that it could do either way? And...maybe agree to be friends again?"
"Friends?"
I couldn't expect her to be my girlfriend again. Not after what happened.
"Yeah, Billie, I mean, you have Haushinka. And I have Jason...at least for the rest of today..."
"What do you mean the rest of today?"
She sighed and started crying.
"Billie, the Jason thing was an impulse. I don't even know why I said yes. I don't really love
him. Sadly, I spent all my time wishing I had you back." She dried her eyes and sniffed. I handed her a roll of paper towels I had on the floor and the garbage can. I grabbed her hand and tried to get into her block of vision.
"Adie, look at me." I said and she finally did. "What I did with Haushinka tonight was an impulse, too. I don't even know her. I just wanted to try and forget what I did, but it didn't work. I still love you, too. I've wanted you back since we broke up. If you don't believe me, ask Mike or Tre."
"I believe you. But, I don't think we should do anything just yet. Let's just be friends for as long as we can, and then start a relationship again. How does that sound?"
I wiped a stray tear from her eye. Fuck Haushinka, Adrienne Nesser was the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen in my life. I knew I wanted her in it until I died.
"Of course. I love you."
"I love you, too, Billie. Always and forever."
***
Rory's POV
"Mike?" I groaned, yawning and stretching, fighting to open my eyes, but my eyelids had another agenda. I rubbed my eyes, trying to sit up. My body refused to move, so I just mumbled his name again.
No answer. Huh.
I finally won the war over my eyelids, which were as heavy as if they were being tied down to lead pipes. I yawned again, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. My room was still fairly dark, but I knew it was the morning. I looked around frantically, wondering where Mike went.
"Huh. Guess I'd better call him," I muttered out loud to no one in particular. I swung my legs over the side of my bed and just sat there for a few moments. I slowly reached over to my night stand and flipped open my cell phone, quickly dialing in the number I'd memorized so well.
"Hey," I heard his scruffy, tired voice answer after the third ring.
"Mike, hey. I just woke up, and I noticed you left."
"Oh. Yeah, I wanted to get back home before Lane would worry. I could just imagine her waking up and not finding me anywhere after I ran off last night," he chuckled. I smiled inwardly, not enough energy to even giggle.
"Yeah, she'd have a panic attack. That'd be bad for the twins."
"Right, it would."
"I'll let you get some more sleep, if you'd like. You sound exhausted," I stifled my own yawn.
"All right, but I think it's you who need the sleep."
"Yeah. So, uh, talk to you later?"
"But of course. Bye." I could tell he was about to hang up, so I said his name again. "Yes?"
"I... uh... I just wanted to say, well... I love you," I choked out. It was still hard for me to say, and I might as well start practicing. I did love this man.
He laughed. "I love you, too, Rory. Bye." And he hung up.
I smiled and just looked around my room, sighing.
"Rory?!" I heard shouted followed by a knock on my door. I knew that voice. I walked slowly over to my door, opening it wide.
"Blake? Oh, shit! I'm so sorry; I left you guys at Billie's. I'm really sorry," I began rambling. I
felt so bad. I had completely forgotten them at Billie Joe's.
"It's all right, Farore," He smiled his signature half-smile and I shook my head.
"How'd you get home?" I ran my hand through my hair, stopping at all the tangles.
"Billie gave us a ride back this morning."
"Oh. I'm sorry."
"I said it's all right," he assured me.
"Now, whaddid you want?"
"Um... Where's your bathroom? I'd like to take a shower."
"I'm gonna shoot you. You knew where my room was, but not the bathroom?" I shoved my way passed him and pointed down the hall. He thanked me and I trudged downstairs. I passed Lorraine on the way into my kitchen, but ignored her. I went over to the coffee machine and turned it on.
"Rory?" Lorraine began.
"Sh!" I held up a hand to shush her. "Not until I've had my caffeine."
"But-"
I glared at her, and she knew to shut up. I poured my cup of coffee and leaned against the counter.
"What is it?"
"Gosh, I forgot how cranky you are in the morning. You look like you were attacked by a bear," she sat down at the kitchen table and rested her feet on the chair in front of her.
"Might as well have been, I'm exhausted." I muttered.
"Anyway, Lane called. She said she was too lazy to find her cell phone, so she didn't know your cell number, just your house."
"So?"
"She told me to tell you to call her."
"Okay, I will. Later."
"Whatever." Lorraine stormed out of the room. She was always so impatient. I rolled my eyes and poured myself another cup of coffee.
Today was going to be special, especially when I see Jason.
"Oh, shit. Jason... I totally forgot about him," I mumbled to myself.
Yeah, today's going to be special.
I sighed and took another cup of coffee.
I can't wait.