Shenanigans

Chapter 8

Mike's POV

Later that night...
Billie and Adie stopped by to hang out. We decided to go up to Alaina's room and play cards. Tre finally left because if he hadn't, I might have killed him. I had the biggest worry in my head that Alaina was pregnant and it was all his fault. I found an UNO deck sitting on my bookshelf and brought it into the room.
"YAY I LOVE THIS GAME!" Billie cheered like a 3 year old. The sad part was that it was sincere joy. I sat on the floor and then he jumped down next to me. Of course, Adie sat next to him and Alaina was next to her and myself. Billie was practically jumping in his spot. I gave him the next to deal because he looked like he wanted to badly. We played a few times before the girls had to, of course, go to the bathroom in pairs. They got up to leave and that's when Billie got curious.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"Looking. So, this is Alaina's room..." He said like a police officer.
"It appears that way, yes." He bent down at looked at her bookshelf. "Looking for something in particular, BJ?"
"Does Lane keep a journal?"
"I don't know. Probably. Why?"
He grabbed a composition notebook and showed me.
"JACKPOT!"
"Billie, I don't think we should be-"
"Relax. We'll put it back before they get back. We need to read the juicy stuff."

He started flipping through as if he were looking for something in particular. He flipped to about the middle of the book.
"What is it?"
"The most recent entry. Thursday night."
"What's it say?"
It was so wrong that I was looking through my sister's personal stuff, but I needed to make sure she hadn't done anything like she did with Tre before. I would have to kill the other guy.
"So, Jason asked me to homecoming. I can't believe I said yes! I was like, so totally hurting Tre!" He said, mocking a girl. I had to laugh. "Rory and I went to Adrienne's to look at dresses for Rory because I was SO not like, going alone! Rory is going with Mike. She totally likes him. He totally likes her. They won't admit it!"
"It doesn't say that..."
"No, cuz Alaina doesn't say 'like' or 'so' or shit like that. But yeah, it does."
"Maybe we should stop..."
"I said that I thought I might be ready to have sex with Tre. I hope Jason won't pull anything. I don't like him that way."
"Billie, shut up!"
"Then Adrienne told me to make sure that Tre had protection because--" He paused and his face looked highly pissed and like he was gonna cry at the same time. I walked to his side and started reading:
--because Billie and she did once a few days ago and she hasn't had her period yet. She thought she might be pregnant and didn't know how to tell him.
"BJ, are you OK?"
"I...I...I think I need to go," He said, closing the book and putting it back where it was. Just then, Adrienne and Alaina walked in. Adrienne took one look at his face and was freaked.
"You OK, babe?"
"Get the fuck away from me!" He yelled and ran off.
"What was that about?" She asked.

Alaina's POV
Monday morning

Everything was out of whack. When I walked into first period, after Mike kindly stopped in the middle of the parking lot and ran out of the car, I noticed our little group had a weird seating arrangement. I didn't notice, however, until I started talking to Rory--or at least that's who I thought it was--about last night.
"So, how was your homecoming experience? I bet none of that shit happens in England," I asked, trying to find things for that class in my backpack.
"I don't know, Lane, I've lived here all my life," I heard. I looked up at Billie. What the fuck?
"Why are YOU...HERE!"
"Cuz my parents had sex. You know about that, Lane. I should too, considering I'm a father now."
"Woah, wait. How do you know? Did she finally tell you?"
"No, but you did."
"OK, I was never drunk. I don't really remember fucking Tre, but I was never drunk. What do you mean?"
"I read your journal!"
I could kill him. I felt my blood boiling.
"Why in the hell would you do that? Did Mike see it, too? How much did you read? Billie Joe Armstrong, I'm gonna kick your ass!"
"Just that you were ready to fuck Tre and that my girlfriend was too scared to tell me she was having my child. I'm gonna be a father. Maybe Mike can knock Rory up and then we can all be fathers!"
"I AM GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU! BOTH OF YOU! YOU CAN GO SIT BY TRE!"
"That's a punishment, now? I thought you liked him. You sure had fun riding him, didn't you?"
"BILLIE!"

He sighed and walked to the back of the room. I looked behind me. Mike was with Adie, Rory was with Tre, and I was alone. Billie said something to them and Rory came back up to me.
"Billie is mad at Adrienne and Mike is mad at Tre and somehow we ended up playing musical seats," She joked.
"They read my journal last night."
"Who?"
"My fucking ASSHOLE BROTHER AND HIS FUCK BUDDY BILLIE JOE!" I yelled so they could hear it.
"OH fuck. What exactly was in it?"
"The thing Adie told us not to tell the boys."
"Uh oh. Does she know he knows?"
"I don't know. Probably."
"Is she mad?"
I groaned.
"I don't know!" I said and walked off to Adie.
"Can I talk to you?"
She and Mike looked up.
"Sure," She said, closing her notebook. I walked off, shooting Mike a dirty look.
"Are you mad at me?"
She tilted her eyebrow.
"Should I be?"
"Billie knows."
"OH, fuck. How does he know?"
"He and Mike went through my journal last night. That's why he flipped out."
"I figured something was up. I'll talk to him about it at lunch."

Lunch was not much better...

I found Tre and plopped next to him. Of course, Mike sat next to me. How lucky for me! I guess if he sat next to me I couldn't do anything with Tre in a public place...
Adrienne sat across from me and Rory sat on the farthest corner away from Mike. Jason sat on the other side of Adie so he could watch Tre and I as well. Billie sat next to Mike, as far away from Adrienne as possible. No sign of Jason-Jesus. Whatsername sat at the corner she and Jason-Jesus shared. I think they were dating or something.
"Billie Joe Armstrong, talk to me!" Adrienne yelled. He pretended not to hear her and continued talking to Mike.
"Michael Pritchard, shut the fuck up!" I yelled. He gave me a dirty look and continued.
"Billie!" Rory yelled. He stopped talking and looked at her. "Adrienne is talking to you."
He and Mike stopped.
"Why won't you fucking talk to me? I don't know if I'm pregnant or not! What's your deal, anyways? You could've worn a fucking condom!"
"You could've taken your pill!"
"Why do I have to do something that could potentially harm me when you can do something that doesn't hurt at all?!"
"That's not true. He could snap the end on his penis and-" Tre started.
"SHUT UP TRE!" They both yelled.
"I didn't think you were that dumb, Adrienne."
"Obviously I was for going out with someone like you!" She snapped back.
"Maybe you shouldn't be with someone like me then!"
"I guess not. Goodbye, Billie!" She yelled and ran off from the table. Rory and I looked at each other.
"I got it!" She said and ran after her.

Now it was time for Mike and Tre to hash it out. From the looks of Tre's eye, they did last night.
"What's your deal, Mike? It's not like I did anything to you!"
"You sort of did. See, we came from the same egg. Which means we have the same last name and share a lot of the same DNA. What if she's pregnant like Adrienne?"
He did not have to attack Tre like that. They didn't have to yell in my ears, either.
"OK, did you guys not just hear a fucking word she just said? She doesn't know if she's pregnant. If you want my opinion, all 4 of you need to grow up. So what if she's pregnant, Billie? You had sex just as much as she did and you're as responsible. If you have a baby, you need to take care of it. Mike, you need to stay the fuck out of my business. Just because you're 5 minutes older doesn't mean you have the right to run my life. I can handle my own fucking life. And when did you start caring about my feelings? Any other time you're making fun of me or being an asshole to me. And what About Rory? You're being such an asshole to her. She didn't do a damn thing to you! You need to fucking apologize and step up. We all know you like her. You're just causing yourself hurt, besides hurting her feelings. Tre, I love you. So I guess I'm not pissed at you. You can at least fight for me and you wouldn't leave me like Billie did to Adrienne if I did get pregnant. Jason, I don't know why you're still trying to get around me because I meant what I said to you Saturday night. I want Tre, I need Tre, I love him. Not you. So stop fucking stalking me."

I sighed and looked at each of them. Whatsername just looked at me like I was a psychopath.
"So...where's Jason-Jesus?" Billie asked.
"He's at the facility on East 12th Street, his parents locked him up. They thought Jimmy was real, they didn't know he was his other personality. When they didn't find a body and saw how he was acting, they took him to the mental hospital." Whastername said in a quiet voice. I guess that was her talking voice, because I never heard her talk before...ever.
"Maybe we should see him after school," Mike said.
"I guess. Well, we need to go before the bell rings," Tre said. We all got our trays and put them back.

The next morning, I got sick a few times. I thought it was just the flu or something, so I stayed home. I kept getting sick for the rest of the week, so I decided to go to the doctor.
"Miss Pritchard...we need to speak to you."
I had Rory and Adie with me. I walked with them, each of them holding my hand on either side.
"Wh...what's wrong?"
"You're pregnant..."