Status: Slowly progressing

Children of Sin

1

The calming sound of my camera snapping pictures whisked me away to my own little world where no problem existed. The whole point of my sudden photoshoots with Lucille was to let my mind wander away from things that plagued my mind twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. I was stuck in the same cycle for the fifth year and it seemed that I was never going to get away from it. If only things were easy at life…

“When will you answer me?” The question from Lucille snapped me out of my thoughts, because her voice was loud and kind of angry. As I looked up from my camera to her eyes, I knew that she was a bit annoyed with me.

“Sorry. What were you saying?” I spoke sheepishly as she rolled her eyes in her own way. It was something along the lines of ‘are you fucking kidding me?’ and ‘when will you stop with that shit?’. I really don’t know how to describe it better.

“I’ve been telling you about the guys and where we’re supposed to go with them.” She huffed with a pout on her lips and I stood up straight. Somewhere in my mind, I knew that I was supposed to know what she was talking about, but my mind was blank as a piece of paper.

“Oh God, you don’t remember?!” It was more of an accusation than a question and when my greenish eyes met with Lucille’s dark gray ones, I bit my lip in shame. This was only making me look retarded in front of my best friend/roommate and I really hated to space out like that in front of her.

“I know that you said something, but I’m not sure what.” I explained and Lucille laughed sarcastically at me, as if I had just told the funniest joke in the world. My eyebrows furrowed and I let my camera dangle from my neck as I ran my right hand through my hair.

“Kyle and the rest of the crew are back in town and we’re going to celebrate with them.” Lucille walked over to me and looked down at me. Even when we were wearing heels, she was a lot taller than me. “Don’t tell me you forgot about Andy?” The smirk on her face made me groan out loud and I closed my eyes annoyed.

“Oh… Great.” The groan that followed my words made Lucille chuckle in triumph. I could only turn around and walk over to the couch where I sat down to wallow in self-loathing. Mine and Andy’s relationship was mostly me telling him to leave me alone because I wasn’t interested in him or even in his suggestions to be “friends-with-benefits”. If any other guy had suggested that, I would have jumped right at the chance, but Andy… Oh God, something about him told me that he was going to end up like all my other “friends-with-benefits” – completely in love with me. I wasn’t looking for a real relationship because I was dead set that I’d get the same guy that plagued my mind 24/7, though he was back in the UK…

“Turn that frown upside down or you won’t get laid by Andy tonight.” As I opened my eyes, I could only see Lucille’s teasing grin and it made me want to gag from the idea of me and Andy sleeping together.

“Please, stop talking about him or I’ll vomit all over you.” The bluntness in my voice made Lucille giggle childishly as she jumped up and skipped out of the living room. There was obnoxious knocking that I noticed only then and I sighed in anger. They were here.

I stood up and looked around the living room. It seemed so inviting to stay in and watch movies and eat junk food, but I knew that I had no chance in getting to do that. After all, Lucille had spent so much time picking out mine and her outfits and then she had done my make-up, even though I protested and tried to fight her, but she knew how to blackmail me. Sometimes I wondered why I was so afraid of her, but then the whole image of her looking like the devil when she was angry appeared before me and I could only shiver.

“Alex! We need to go!” The grinning faces of Kyle, Lucille and Andy appeared in the doorway and I nodded my head. Andy’s grin wasn’t the same as Kyle’s friendly grin and I could only give him a brief glare as I passed him. Like a predictable guy he was, he was following me towards my room the second I passed him.

I rolled my eyes as I took off my camera and placed it on my table where all my photography equipment lay scattered around. I really needed to organize it and put it away. After my hands found the familiar leather jacket in my closet, I put it on quickly and as I turned to grab my small purse from the bed, I was met with Andy's body.

“I don’t scare so easily.” I looked up at him with a smirk on my face and he chuckled ever so slightly, but his eyes stayed on my face. Somewhere deep inside I knew he was going to throw something back at me.

“I would never scare you, Alex. Just wanted to tell you that…” I stood my ground as he leaned closer to my ear with a smirk on his devilishly attractive face. “I missed you a lot and you know my offer still stands.” The smirk increased in size on my face as those words left his lips and I pushed him back a little so that I could grab my small purse. After I had it on my shoulder, I turned to Andy bearing a huge grin on my face.

“You can touch, but you can’t have, Glass.” And I was out of my room with him hot on my tail, chuckling quietly to himself. I could imagine him shaking his head with that goofy grin on his face and the smile on my face turned bigger. I had missed him too.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is only something that I'm currently really thinking about. The whole idea of this came from a blog about "band whores". I just thought it would be fun to write about the whole concept of "friends-with-benefits". c: Bear in mind that I may change this introductory chapter, because it sucks so baaaaad. I've barely managed to write something interesting here, but I hope I'll do better in the next chapter. I may change something here if I sit down and read it thoroughly a few times. For now, enjoy and comment with your thoughts? (: