Status: Slowly progressing

Children of Sin

2

The whole time we’re sitting in the club around the table and drink, I keep my eyes on Alex and Andy. It’s so obvious the two would sleep with each other, but Alex’s too stubborn to admit that and she doesn’t want to give Andy a boost in his ego. Though she lets him hold her hand, or have his arm around her waist, because a lot of guys hit on her and she had a few aggressive men push her around, but I doubt that it’s the case. She’s fearless and she could punch them in the face if she had to, so I think she likes the attention from Andy.

“You’re smiling like you have a devilish idea, Luce.” I feel the breath on my ear as the voice whispers huskily into my ear. My eyes close at the familiar feeling and I smile. I feel the person’s arm slip around my waist as he brings me closer to his side. My eyes snap open and I look at all the people that are around our table. They’re watching Alex and Andy bicker about who can hold their liquor better and they don’t notice me and Kyle at all.

“Maybe I do.” I turn my head to look at his eyes with a mischievous smirk on my face as Kyle grins at me. His eyes shine in the dim light as if he’s thinking about something crazy and I raise my brow. He leans closer to my ear and I close my eyes. I had missed being in close proximity with him.

“If you tell me what you’re thinking, I’ll tell you what I’m thinking about.” His voice is very husky and I think that I may go crazy if I don’t get my hands on him any time soon. I had drunk enough alcohol to have a bit of a hard time walking in heels, but I was still thinking with a clear head.

“Well…” I turn my head to look at Alex and Andy who are in a heated discussion with the rest of the guys about whose liver is better. “I’m thinking that it’s the best time Alex and Andy become fuck buddies.” I’m very blunt and Kyle chuckles into my ear before he looks at Alex and Andy. Then he looks at me and motions for me to follow him.
No one really notices that we leave the table and I’m glad. I think that the guys and Alex have an idea that Kyle and I are not only best friends, which makes me feel a bit scared. I didn’t want anyone to know that we’re also fuck buddies…

We walk to the smoking zone and there’s barely anyone there, but still, me and Kyle go to the darkest corner and turn to look at each other. He smirks at me and I can barely contain my grin.

“I actually need to talk to you.” He tells me and I feel my smile drop. “It’s nothing bad, I swear.” He quickly assures me and I slowly nod my head. I fish around for my cigarettes in my small purse and take one out. Kyle watches me all the time and I feel nervous, but I don’t show it. I had gotten so good at pretending that I doubt anyone can really notice how I truly feel.

“What do you want to talk about?” I ask as I light my cigarette and then look up at Kyle. He’s smirking at me and I raise my brows in confusion.

“Well, me and the guys were talking…” He starts slowly, the smirk never leaving his face. “Since we’re going on Warped this year, we agreed that we want you to be our merch girl.” My mouth drops open in surprise and I feel happiness bubble in the pit of my stomach.

“Really? Are you shitting me?” I exclaim excited as Kyle laughs at me shaking his head.
“Dead serious.” He tells me and I jump in place in excitement.

“But wait…” I stop short and look at him. “I can’t leave Alex alone.” Kyle’s grin gets bigger and I smirk.

“Andy’s going to tell her that she’s our photographer for Warped.” He tells me and I chuckle.

“She may not believe him.” I answer and Kyle leans closer to me. His arm snakes around my waist and he brings me closer.

“Well, you’ll help her believe and then at Warped both of us can work our magic on them and make them, as you said, fuck buddies.” His voice lowers at the end of the sentence and his lips are so close to my ear. I’m pressed up to him tightly and I understand that I had missed this closeness. We may be best friends and fuck buddies, but I had a soft spot for Kyle. I cared for him a lot and I understood that I couldn’t tell him about my feelings. It may be the end of our friendship and I didn’t want to destroy it.

“I thought I was the only one who wanted that for Alex and Andy.” I teased Kyle and I felt him grin. He clutched me closer and exhaled slowly beside my ear. I closed my eyes as I brought the cigarette closer to my lips. I had forgotten all about it.

“Andy’s been talking about how he’d tap that for the past month while we were away and I thought that you’d like to play cupid with me.” I shiver in pleasure as I turn my head so that Kyle looks at me. I smirk and toss the unfinished cigarette into a nearby ashtray.

“You know that I like to play anything with you.” We both smirk at each other, because we understand what we mean. We’d play cupid and continue to screw each other at the same time. It was his hidden suggestion at this and I liked it. It was as close as we were going to get to a relationship and I was content with this, though at the same time, somewhere deep in my heart, I longed for Kyle to feel the same as I felt.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is moving at a snail's pace, but I'm slowly figuring out how it's going to go. c:

Tell me what you think? I really enjoy comments. :D

Thank You:
wolfagainstsheep
Soullust