Status: Finished

One Is Enough

Schedule Change

Staring into his blue eyes, I realized I was in one bad position. All the embarrassment and attention had been pushed on me. What would Eryc Deven think? He was probably thinking I was a clutz for getting in his way. The whole student body was focused on what would happen next. I quickly got to my feet and straightened my shirt. I stared at him for a few seconds as his eyes wouldn't let me look away. They were so rich and blue. It was like the only color in the room. He didn't say a word, he just looked at me.

"I'm sorry" I said.

"Yeah you better be sorry kitty cat" Dylan said.

Dylan? Dylan was in Eryc's little group? Would that mean that Eryc was an asshole too? I certainly hoped not, although I always saw him hanging out with many people by his car and a whole bunch of whores draped all over him. He smoked too. Once in while I would see him in his car leaving and one hand out of the window holding a cigar. He was the cutest guy in school. Bad boy too, I heard he once pranked a teacher so bad, she quit her job. He had the bluest eyes and his hair..it was like that Johnny Depp hair from when he was in his 20's.

"Yo kitty cat aren't you going to say something else?" Dylan continued.

For a second I forgot that I was still staring at Eryc. What if he thought I was some creep?

"S-sorry" I said.

Eryc was standing still. He took the first step and left me there in the middle of the hallway. His little groupie friends just looked back at me and smirked. This day needed to be over.

*****

I get home and the first thing I smelled was alcohol. This day couldn't get any worse.

"Catherin!" my father said opening the door.

He was stumbling everywhere and his eyes were droopy. He had drank the whole bottle of Jack Daniels. I was in for a good one today. Every time he got drunk, it was the day I got the most slaps and punches.

"What the, what the fu- where the fuck we're y-you?!" he said barely being able to speak.

"I was at school da-"

He back handed me and I went flying to the sofa. I could feel my face hot, and his finger prints starting to get red.

"Go to your f-fucking room!" he yelled.

I rushed to my room. I heard the lock on my door and I knew I probably wouldn't be getting any dinner tonight. I had tons of snacks under my bed though in a small trunk. I was always prepared for these things. I've been abused ever since my mother left. I started getting the hang of it once I started turning 13. I'm 16 now and have more knowledge of course.

*****

After hours of being in my room, I looked out my window and night time was falling. Luckily my room had a bathroom. When I got out of the shower all I heard was glass smashing against the floor. Was he out of his mind? He wasn't an alcoholic, but every time he decided that today was the day to get drunk, he was dangerous. I was terrified of him.

"Oh shut up and toughen up will you?" I said.

"What? You don't understand me!" I said back.

My other half was kicking in again. My attitude quickly shifted from good to daredevil. I named her Clarissa when I was 15. I decided I should give her a name. It'd be easier.

"Now go down there, and tell him something!" Clarissa spatted.

"No your'e crazy i'll get more in trouble, I'm fine with all the bruises I have." I said.

"Whatever" Clarissa said.

And with that she left. Not literally but I just didn't see her anymore. Not that she looked like anyone but in the mirror it was a different me with lavender eyes, and her eyes looked mean.

I decided I would go to bed and just forget everything. Morning came and I got dressed for school in a jiff. I wanted to get out of the house as soon as possible. I never really ate breakfast unless I made it when my dad was dead asleep but lately he'd been awake really early for the past 2 weeks. I hurried downstairs to see a tall figure knocked out in the sofa.

"What a mess.." I whispered.

I grabbed my keys and left before he heard me walking down the stairs and said something to me.

*****

I got to school a little earlier than before. I decided to walk, I didn't want to take that stupid bus. I always avoid it when I can. I was walking with my favorite skinny jeans and all time low tank top with a black hoodie over my dark curls. My hair was naturally straight in the top and it would curl at the bottom. I had a figure but not much. Not something that a guy would fall all over me.

Walking in a homeroom was just like walking into a pool of gossip, and today I was the gossip.

"Oh my god wasn't she the one who bumped into Eryc Deven?" one whispered.

"I heard she was mad because he rejected her." the other replied.

What? What the hell were they talking about? None of that happened. Him and his friend were all running and he was the one who bumped into me. I looked over to where the whispers were coming from and all of them got quiet. Not a single word was said. I could hear a needle drop of how silent it was. It was all too awkward but I ignored it.

****

I entered third period again today, and all the attention was on me just like back in homeroom. Great, more gossip.

"Alright class, settle down I have an announcement for you." Mrs. Hunter said.

The whole class looked up from they're cellphones.

"Eryc will be in our class now, he got his schedule changed." she said.

Just his name and my head shot up faster than ever. I couldn't believe he got his schedule changed. Normally juniors go with juniors and seniors with seniors but this was an elective class so there were students from 9th grade through 12th.

"Take that seat next to Miss. Sill." she pointed at me.

Oh no. I wanted to hide behind my book. I tried to look down into my book acting like I didn't hear a word she said when she spoke again.

"Miss. Sill. Raise your hand so young Mr. Deven could know where he belongs." she said.

I raised my hand slowly but didn't dare to take my eyes off of my book. I felt his footsteps getting closer to me as he passed me and plopped down on the desk next to mine. I got a whiff of the most sexiest smell ever. His cologne was to die for. It smelled like after shave. I loved guys who smelled nice.

"Oh why don't you go for him?" Clarissa spoke out of nowhere.

I quickly cupped my mouth and the whole class looked at me. Oh my goodness Clarissa why? Why out of all times? All eyes were on me and even Mrs. Hunter stopped the class to stare at me.

"Did you say something Miss. Sill?" she asked walking towards me.

"Yes I did, you're an old lady who needs to remove your head out my business." Clarissa kept saying.

I gasped and covered my mouth instantly once more. The anger in her eyes rushed in. I was kicked out of the class, and the whole class stayed speechless.

"Geez Clarissa do you see what you get me into?" I whispered to myself.

"Oh sure, it's about time you spoke your mind." Clarissa said.

My eyes turned back to green. Thank goodness no one noticed back in the class. I was standing outside for nearly an hour when the bell for 4th period wrung. The whole class came out and the last person to walk out was Eryc. He stood 6 feet 2 next to me with his hands in his pockets. Without looking at me he said "Nice eye color, but why are they green now?" I looked up at him in shock. He noticed? With that he kept on walking towards the lockers. Eryc Deven saw my lavender eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter guys! On my way to the third one! :) Much love, Diane.