Status: Finished

One Is Enough

Little Edward

Standing there in front of each other as Eryc was about to uncover all of my bruises, I quickly tried to jerk my hand away when Clarissa appeared and I felt a shock going through me. We both felt it because he quickly let go of my arm. There was something definitely weird about Eryc Deven and the way he looked at me after what just happened right now. It's like he knew what was going on. He went back to the computer and I stayed there confused at what just happened.

"Your eyes seem to shift a lot" he said staring into the computer screen.

Those words. They caught me so off guard.

"What? My eyes?" I said a little too loudly.

He looked back at me and glared at me. He definitely thought there was something weird about me. He quickly shook his head and walked towards his book bag.

"How do you go home?" he asked turning to me.

"I-I walk." I replied.

"C'mon I'll give you a ride." he offered.

"No, it's fine." I said shaking my hand.

"I don't bite, I hope you know that." he said with a smirk.

"I..didn't say you did." I said but Clarissa finished the sentence for me.

I turned around to get my bag before he could notice my eyes all lavender again. When I walked towards him, they were green again.

We got in his car, a black sports car, with big shiny rims. His family must have a lot of money. He pressed the alarm button and the car unlocked. It was chilly outside so I put my hoodie on and it was already night time. It was only 7:00pm but during winter, time changes and it gets darker earlier in the day starting at 6. He put on his leather jacket and climbed in the car. He moved some papers he had in the passenger seat to make room for me and tossed it to the back. Luckily they were all surrounded by rubber band or else all the papers would go flying everywhere. As I enter the car, it smelled like him. He's super clean and tidy. I tried not to look around so much, I didn't want to seem nosy. The whole ride was quiet when he started throwing glances at me and I noticed after like 5 minutes.

"What?" I asked softly.

"Your'e such a weird and quiet person." he remarked.

"I..don't know what to tell you" I shrugged.

He smiled and continued to drive. I told him where I live but asked him if he could leave me a few houses away. He looked at me confused but did it anyways. I was glad he wasn't a person of asking many questions.

As I got down, he rolled his windows down. I lowered my head to the door.

"Thank you for the ride Eryc." I said with a small smile.

"See you on Monday." he replied and raised his hand as a goodbye.

I walked through the sidewalk, and his car was still there till I opened my door and I felt his lights getting dimmer. He was gone. I had just been in Eryc Deven's car! It was amazing. Who would've ever thought. I quickly turned on the lights and by the looks of it dad was still out. Thankfully, I went upstairs and turned on the tv while I showered.

"Having fun huh?" Clarissa said as I look in the mirror.

"Go away Clarissa." I said taking off my sweater.

"If it wasn't for me, you'd still be dreaming about Eryc. I rule over you! I come out whenever I want." she said getting angry.

I looked into the mirror and my eyes were more lavender than ever. I wanted to punch the mirror but I held myself back and just ignored her till my eyes started turning green again. What the hell was wrong with Clarissa? I showered and climbed to bed and fell asleep when I heard around 2am the door slam and the garage closing. My dad was home. I peaked a little through my bedroom door and saw him coming up the stairs. He was drunk again. He took off his tie and headed for his bedroom and slammed it. He doesn't even care that SOME people are sleeping, for instance ME. I shut the door slowly and went back to bed.

******

The next morning I decided I would clean up my room. I went downstairs to see my father dressed up in nice clothes.

"I'm going out to a party, and won't be coming home tonight." he said roughly.

"Oh..I see." I replied.

"Here. Go do the groceries and you better hurry back home!" he said shoving the small paper to me.

Every weekend I had to go do the groceries and I could only buy what he ordered. On the bright side it was just going to be me today in the house.

"Butter, granola bars, bread..." the list went on.

I arrived at the super market and got a shopping cart. All the employees knew me because I was here every Saturday. They all waved at me and I smiled at them. Walking off to get everything on the list, I got everything that was needed and left. I had a lot of bags but it had been worse last week. He made me buy the whole store practically. I was walking home when a car beeps at me.

"Eryc?" I said trying to look into the car.

"Need a ride home?" he said smiling and rolling the windows down.

I looked out to the street where I still needed blocks to walk to get home and I accepted his offer.

"You don't have a car?" he asked as I got in and put all the bags in the back seat.

"No I don't.." I said with a half smile.

"Oh I see" he said observing me.

He drove further when he got a call. He told me he was sorry but he was going to have to make a stop at his house because his little brother was throwing a tantrum with the babysitter.

My mouth dropped at the driveway we were pulling into.

"Big ass house..." I said almost speechless.

He let out a small laugh and opened the door for me. We walked into his house and everything was so fancy and elegant. Man did I wish I lived in a house like this. That explained his reputation and that sports car.

"My parents are off in a honey moon for 2 months so I hired a babysitter for my brother while I was out." he explained.

All I could do was nod. I kept looking around losing myself in the beauty within my eyes.

"Who are you?" said a little chubby boy.

He had the same eyes as Eryc and same form of the face, except he was probably 9 years younger and a chubbier version.

"I'm Catherin. It's so nice to meet you." I said attempting to wave his hand.

He smashed the pudding he was eating onto my clothes, and ran away laughing. Oh great some annoying little brat just spilled fucking pudding on my shirt.

"Edward Deven get back here this instant!" Eryc yelled.

At the sound of Eryc's deep voice both of us flinched. A few feet away from us was Eryc and damn he looked pissed. His little brother ran to him and Eryc pulled him by the arm.

"Say sorry to her! Now!" Eryc yelled.

"Stop, it's okay. He's just a kid, he didn't mean to." I said.

"He's 9 years old Catherin, he needs to learn that it's not right." he said shooting back at me.

He called me by my name and he was angry. His little brother Edward left running up the stairs when I felt something tug at my shirt.

Eryc slid his fingers into tip of the fabric to clean it off with a wet towel when I felt the back of his fingers brush against my stomach. I jerked back noticing I only had a long sleeve shirt on and nothing under.

"Relax I'm not gonna harass you." he said looking at me and pulling my shirt which made me move closer to him.

"I didn't-"

"You were thinking it." he said before I could speak.

That smirk. His eyes looking down at my shirt while he cleaned it and looking concentrated. It was so awkward until he let my shirt go and looked up.

"We should go." he said dropping the wet towel to the sink.

I looked up and agreed. My shirt was already half dried when we were almost getting to my house. We lived kind of close actually. The windows were rolled down and I could barely breathe. He had a cigar in his hand.

"Oh..my bad" he said looking at the road and back at my reaction.

"No..it's fine" I said a little too late.

He threw the cigar out the window.

"I don't usually smoke, only when I'm stressed." he explained.

All I did was nod. I felt like if I asked him questions he would get mad.

We pulled up at my house, and he walked me to my porch. I didn't oppose to it because either way my dad wasn't here so it didn't matter. As I turned around when I unlocked the door, I caught him staring at me.

"Sorry for the pudding thing." he said.

"It's fine." I said.

"No it's not" Clarissa appeared.

"Your eyes are changing and you just said two different things" he said with a smirk.

I couldn't hide, he noticed me. He saw them. I was gonna have some explaining to do sooner or later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let's see where this goes! Much love, Diane.