Status: Finished

One Is Enough

My Only Cure

We were both standing under the porch. He had a smirk on his face like he knew what was going on.

"So you're not going to tell me why your eyes change color? Or should I tell you" he asked.

I looked at him in surprise. He did know. He knew why my eyes changed color, but how?

"Listen here, I don't know what you're up to but your'e not going to creep us out any longer, now take your leave." Clarissa spat out.

I covered my mouth and he smirked again.

"You don't really want to say that do you Catherin?" he said getting closer to me.

I shook my head rapidly. What was going on? He took a step closer till I noticed we were inside my house. He closed the door behind me and made me walk till my knees touched the edge of the cushion and I fell to the sofa.

"So what's it gonna be?" he said.

I looked at him as he kept getting closer.

"You already know don't you?" I asked closing my eyes.

I felt relief when he laughed and moved back.

"You have double personality." he said.

"But how? why?" I asked confused.

"I saw files of you in my dads office, and your name was on it. He's a doctor." he explained.

Out of all the doctors in the world, Eryc's dad was MY doctor. No wonder he had such a big house, and a nice expensive car.

"That's private stuff!" I said.

"I wanted to know why your eyes had changed that day in class, so I did some research around his office." he said with a matter-of-fact attitude. He leaned back against the sofa with his hands on his head.

"You've gotta go, if my dad-" I began.

"Your dad abuses you." he interrupted me.

I looked at him not believing anything he said.

"I'm very observant." he said.

"I can tell." I said looking back to the coffee table.

"The day you said to come to the library, I wondered why you didn't mention your house. Later that day I heard you speaking to your dad, and then the bruises. You even asked me to leave you a few houses away." he said.

It all seemed to make sense. Of course he was going to find out. How could I have been so stupid. I should of been more careful.

"Catherin you can't stay like this" he began.

"I don't care, I've always lived like this. Please! Don't interfere." I said getting worked up.

I stood up from the sofa when he grabbed me by arm and I fell to his lap.

"I will help you! You have to get out of this house! I will even help you with that double personality of yours!" he said.

I stared into his eyes and I noticed I had been sitting on his lap. I quickly got up, my cheeks hot and red.

"What do you say?" he asked.

"No! How do you know if Clarissa will go away? and that my dad won't come hunting me if I put him in jail?" I asked.

"It won't happen! Damn it! Listen to me!" he yelled.

"Don't yell at me." Clarissa appeared.

"Your eyes..your other personality is speaking isn't she?" he said.

"What do you care? You'll never remove me from here." she said.

In that moment Eryc collided his lips with mine. My eyes turned green, and Clarissa just faded away. I felt that electricity shot from back in the library the other day.

I moved back in disbelief. Did I just get kissed by Eryc Deven?

"I'm sorry, I had to." he said.

I ran upstairs. I was embarrassed. I didn't want to see him. That was my first kiss. I was always a nerd so I never had a boyfriend or had my first kiss.

Eryc ran up to my room and knocked on the door.

"C'mon Catherin! It's not that serious. Could that have been your first kiss?" he asked.

There was silence.

"Oh my goodness are you serious? I took your first kiss?" he said laughing.

I opened the door and dragged him in my room.

"It's not funny!" I said with an angry face.

After a few minutes of laughing he finally sat down next to me on my messy bed. He observed my face. I was beyond pissed and don't forget red too. I had changed from my long sleeve to my tank top when I had locked myself in my room. His eyes traveled from my face to my arms. He slowly went touch my bruises when I flinched and he looked up.

"I'm sorry." he said getting all serious.

"It's fine." I said standing up.

Eryc stood up and decided it was time for him to go home.

"I'll see you later then." he said looking back at me.

"Yeah" I said with a half smile.

"We'll get this fixed Catherin." he said opening his car door.

I closed the house door. Man it had been one long day. I went up to my room and suddenly missed his scent. I wanted to just have him wrap his arms around me. My mind slips to when he kissed me and I got butterflies.

"Why did Clarissa all of a sudden disappear though?" I whispered to myself.

Could it be that this trauma has caused an inner devil in myself and love and affection is the only way to keep it away? Every time Eryc got close to me, Clarissa would appear. She would be angry and annoyed. Maybe she knows that he's the key to getting rid of her and he probably knows that too that's how he came up with the kiss. When he touched me at the library...I felt an electrical shot. Could it be? Eryc was the only one who can cure me?

*****

I had dozed off a few hours ago when I hear a car pullout in the garage. My dad was home? I thought he said he wouldn't be here tonight. I hear a slam on the door. He's walking upstairs but this time I see a woman laughing and carrying him. She looked like a stripper because she was wearing a transparent lace dress and I could see her ass all over the place wearing 7 inch heels. They were both drunk. I stepped out of my room to say something when both of them stood there staring at me. What the fuck was this?
♠ ♠ ♠
Let's see what's going to happen next guys! Subscribe and don't miss out! Much love, Diane.