Status: a work in progress:)

I'm Crying Underwater So You Don't Hear a Sound

Look Into My Eyes and Write Down the Words You Taste

Mike's POV

I didn't care what anyone was saying at that moment. The only thing running through my head was jealously and anger. My eyes never left the sight of Miranda. She was the reason why I've been such a wreck. Now that she is a few feet away I dont know what to do.

Tony, Vic, and everyone else who was inside came running to get Jaime out of the pool. I didn't pay much attention. The sound of water dripping to the floor started to get close.

"Really dude! You're gonna let the girl who doesnt even want to be with you come between our friendship!" He yelled as he pushed me. I reacted by shoving him even harder.

"Hey stop! What is he talking about?" Vic asked while pulling us apart. I shook my head lightly because I didn't want to say her name.

I fixed my snapback before looking back up and seeing Austin all over Miranda. It truly disgusted me. I rolled my eyes and pointed at them. Vic was surprised but he frowned at me. My eyebrows raised. He made a small sound but didn't say anything as he patted my back. Tony grabbed him and moved towards her where they instantly began to catch up. It was painful to watch but I had to get near them. I was lonesome anyways.

Austin got up and greeted me but I didn't put too much effort. He is with my girl. Miranda gave me a smile like if nothing ever happened between us. I sat next to the guys.

"So what happened?" Austin questioned. I licked my lips before answering.

Of course the last I wanted to do was make more drama. So I technically said half the truth. "I got mad at Jaime because he told me something bad about this girl who im interested in. She's at this party," I replied. He looked at me wide eyed.

"Like she's with another guy? Dude that's fucked up. Fight for her if she's that important," he commented. I nodded in agreement. If she wasn't with him (since he's a good friend im not) I would seriously do anything to get my soulmate back.

My eyes met Miranda's. Her face flushed with guilt. Hopefully she realizes what kind of toll she has taken on my heart.

Jaime came back and I apologized. The sight of her makes me a totally different person. It's good and bad. The subject quickly changed to tour life and band equipment.

Hours into party I was having fun. Mostly because I was intoxicated/stoned and there was no care in the world. All of it made me hungry as fuck so I decided to go to the kitchen to get food. But as I got closer my ears heard a conversation between Alan and Austin.

"So I think i'm going to ask Miranda to be my girlfriend and to move in with him me," Austin stated. My eyebrows raised. I had to get closer to get a clearer listen, so I scooted to the corner where they didn't see me.

Alan looked surprised. "Usually I would be happy for you. But maybe you should do that with your own soulmate," he replied. My head instantly nodded in agreement with him.

"Well she clearly doesn 't want to be with hers. Right now i'm gonna be fucking happy with her. I'm gonna tell in a few," he retorted pointing a finger at Alan. He rolled his eyes.

No Austin can't take her away from me! That's technically being a backstabbing friend. It's so fucking upsetting. I have to go find Miranda and tell her the truth. I slowly turned around before sprinting down the hallway.

Miranda's POV

It's surprising that Karen hasn't been butchering me about Mike. It was really shocking seeing him here. Awkward was an understatement when Austin would kiss me and he watched with an evil eye. My life was so stress free until now.

I smelled like chlorine so I thought it would be a good idea to shower and change into something more comfortable. Black shorts and a teal tank top was what I brought. My phone vibrated and it was a text from Austin.

"Come outside by the pool I wanna ask you something. :)" It read. The message instantly made me smile.

I hurried down the hall responding to his text. My eyes were so focused on the screen that I bumped into someone. The phone fell and I automatically recognized the hands that were picking it up. Fuck my life.

Mike smiled as he handed it back to me. "Were always bumping into each other," he laughed. I half smiled. He put his arm out and I gave him a side hug. It was definitely weird.

"Yeah it's kinda funny. Having a good time?" I asked. He nodded.

"Hell yeah. It got better now that were speaking again," he answered. Oh I shouldn't of asked.

"Sorry for never answering your texts or anything I got busy," I replied. He half rolled his eyes.

"Yeah I can tell," he whispered. Wow that wasn't nice. I pretended not to hear it.

He moved closer to me, where I could feel his warm breath. My heart was beating really fast and hard. He got even more attractive from the last time we saw each other. One half of me wanted him to kiss me but the other wanted to push him away.

"Hey why dont we go outside? They are probably worried about us," I suggested. He chuckled.

"They arent. When you were a little girl did you ever think this whole soulmate thing was a joke?" He questioned.

"No it just doesn't seem reliable," I answered. He shook his head and placed my hair behind my ear.

"Well it's definitely real. And the kiss you share with that person is supposed to be the greatest," he commented. He was confusing me alot. Did he think he was mine? No, Austin is.

His left hand moved to my hips as the other caressed my cheek. I got a whiff of his cologne and it was kind of mezmerising. His lips barely touched mine but he pulled away. He chuckled as my heart dropped.

"Hmm let's save that for a sober moment," he mumbled. What a tease.

"Miranda!" Austin kept yelling. I quickly came back to reality and pushed Mike away. I began to walk to the living room. He was following me..

When Austin saw me he smiled big. I scurried into his arms. He hugged me tight than kissed. In the corner of my eye I saw Mike staring unhappily at us.

"Howcome you never replied?" he asked keeping his arm on me.

"Mike and I were catching up and we got carried away," I stated. Hopefully I dont smell like him.

"Okay well I have a surprise for you," he said dragging me outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long to update! I've been super busy. Hopefully you enjoy the ch! If I get some comments i'll update sooner!:)