Life Is Weird Like That

Part Two.

Sitting up in bed quickly as her heart was beating fast from the fear of the nightmare she was having just seconds ago, Haylie turned to sit on the edge of her bed and put her head in her hands, squeezing her eye's shut tightly. It's been almost four years since she's had nightmares like she was just having, and thought she was over them, but they seem as if they're back. The events in the nightmare felt so real that she wasn't sure if it was real or not, but she knew it wasn't. Those same events happened years ago, and the people who put her thru all that crap was dead and gone. They couldn't hurt her anymore.

Finally catching her breath, Haylie stood up from the bed and walked into the bathroom that's connected to their room, winching at the headache that she had. She knew she'd have to take something for her headache before going into work. After doing her business, she made her way downstair's and stopped in her tracks when she noticed a figure laying on the couch. The figure was none other than Jon. He was sleeping soundly on his back, one arm draped over his head while his other arm layed across his stomach, soft snoring meeting her ears.

"Hey," said Haylie as she stood by the couch and smacked his head, glaring down at him with anger and confusion written in her hazel eyes.

"What?" mumbled Jon who rubbed at his eye's before blinking them quickly and looked up at her, his vision a little blurry from still being half asleep. "Haylie?" The confusion was heard in his voice, and written across his face.

"What are you doing here?" asked Haylie, crossing her slender arms over her chest and looking around the living room to notice the empty beer bottles from yesterday still sat on the coffee table. "Where is Chris?" asked Haylie once again, her hazel orbs meeting his blue ones.

"Uhh," Jon started while sitting up on the couch, rubbing his eye's a little more to get the sleep out of them before he answered, "we went to a party lastnight, but I bailed. I tried to get him to come home, but he was so f-cking wasted and trashed," Jon trailed off, shaking his head sadly as his denim blue eye's stared down at the floor.

"Figures," Haylie stated before walking into the kitchen, but let out an irritated groan and took a pill for the headache she had. "F-ck it. I'm done with being stuck in this house to clean up all the time while he's out having fun with his friends."

Shoving a chair under the kitchen table roughly, Haylie walked past Jon who was standing in the doorway with a shocked look on his face at hearing the words she used and didn't stop until she got to her room. Grabbing her work clothes from the closet, she walked into the bathroom and took a quick shower. After her shower and blow-drying her hair, she applied black eyeliner around her eyelids with some red lip-gloss on her chapped lips. She pulled on her light blue-jeans that she's allowed to wear at work along with her usual stud-belt, and a red work shirt, tying her converse shoes onto her feet tightly. After brushing her teeth and her hair, she pulled her hair up in a pony-tail with a loud sigh escaping past her lips.

As she was making her way back downstairs, she noticed Jon sitting on the couch with his elbows on top of his thighs and his head in his hands, mumbling something to himself. Just as she was about to walk over in concern, she stopped suddenly and wondered to herself what she was about to do. She shouldn't be concerned or worried with Jon, he's put her thru a bunch of crap over the past couple of years that he doesn't deserve her concern for him.

"If you happen to see your best friend, tell him I'm not too happy with him," Haylie said, grabbing her purse and walking out the front door, being sure to slam the door loudly behind her with anger still washed over her face. And while climbing into her car, all she could think about was if she should still go thru with her plan for the two of them or not.

_____

Later that night, Jon heard the front door to his apartment creak open and turned his attention away from his movie long enough to see his girlfriend stepping inside, her dyed blonde hair every which way on her head, and her make-up smeared around her green eyes. It isn't the first time she came home like that, and knew it wouldn't be the last time, either. And ever since they've been together, he'd been trying to get her clean from all those drugs she uses like he's had, but that's just another fight ready to happen between them.

They've known of eachother since middle school, but never associated with eachother since she was friend's with Haylie, who was his enemy, and he wasn't really looking for a girlfriend or anything during that time. After graduating high school, she left town for college, but was back when she dropped out because she got so hooked on drugs that college wasn't what she wanted. Then they started hooking up at parties, and enjoying each other's company. A year after he finally got straightened out and clean from all the drugs, they actually started a relationship, but it feels as if she isn't interested in him anymore as she was when he was hooked on drugs and out of his mind.

"Oh, you're finally home," said Jon while he raised his eyebrows in mock surprise, watching her every move as she walked into the kitchen, giving him the bird on her way past the couch. He was actually surprised to see her since she hasn't been home all day, and wondered where she'd been at. "You had loads of fun, I presume?" asked Jon, flipping the tv off and standing up as he followed her into the kitchen.

"As always. You should've stayed with us, Jon," said Megan as she began making herself a cup of steaming hot coffee that Jon already had ready. She knew he wasn't too fond of coffee, but she couldn't get enough of it.

"You know why I left, Meg. I'm not that same f-cked up guy anymore like I use to be," explained Jon, leaning up against the door frame and crossing his arms over his chest, his eyes expoloring her body with a shake of his head. He loved Megan, but she can be such a pushover at times with trying to get him back into the lifestyle he crawled himself out of a few years back. He wasn't going down that road again.

"Oh? So, are you saying I'm f-cked up because I do what you use to do?" Megan asked, her thinly plucked eyebrows raised before she glared over at him, her hands sitting upon her hips.

"You can be at times," Jon admitted, walking closer to her and pulling her hands into his before he continued, "and I'm telling you from experience, babe. You don't need that stuff. It can ruin your life."

Jerking her hands out of his and pushing him away from her in disgust, Megan shook her head with a smirk written on her face. "Well, you know what? Get use to it. I'm not changing for noone, not even you. You know why? Because I love the feeling the drugs give me," Megan turned her back on him, ignoring his presence as she took a small sip from her coffee.

Staring at the back of her head in disbelief, Jon knew when to leave her alone and right now was one of those times. All he wanted to do was help her, get her life back on track, but he knew how people can get addicted to drugs easily and it was hard for them to get clean. He was one of those people, been clean for two whole years and seven months now.

Letting a sigh escape past his lips, he walked out of the kitchen and went back to the couch to finish watching the movie he was watching before she came in. There was nothing more he could do to change her mind, to get thru to her. She had to want to get clean herself, he couldn't force it upon her.

After about two hours of trying to keep himself awake, Jon was fully awake when Megan suddenly sat in his lap with a smile on her face. Placing one hand on her hip with the other cupping her face, he closed the space between them when their lips met. She tasted of hazelnut coffee and strawberry, and he couldn't get enough.

"I'm sorry about earlier. It's just that," Megan began when she pulled away from the kiss, lightly carressing his right cheek as her green orbs stared into his blue ones. "It's just that the drugs makes me feel alive, and it takes my stress away," Megan finished before her lips connected against his again in a rough kiss.

Forgetting about their fight from earlier, Jon let his hands travel up her back slowly while her hand's gripped the sides of his neck and he felt her manicured nails dig into his flesh before their kiss got heated. He moaned as he deepened the kiss more, his fingers playing with the hem of her yellow tank top that she wore. And right as he was getting more into their heated kiss, her cell phone started ringing loudly from where it was laying on the table beside the couch.

"Ignore it," Jon mumbled against her skin as he trailed his lips down her neck and started nibbling on the warm tanned flesh, grinning to himself when he heard her moan and press her body against him which made him moan out aswell.

Trailing her hands down the front of his shirt and gripping the hem, Megan pulled it up over his head and threw it behind her on the floor just as her cell started ringing again. Groaning with a frown on her face, she leaned over and grabbed her cell phone with a sigh until a grin suddenly came across her face at who was calling her.

Leaning back against the couch with his hands resting on her thighs, Jon stared up at her as she answered the phone with a grin, and with the tone of her voice, he knew who it was. Chris. And to him it sounded as if they were making plans when she stood up from his lap and stood by the couch, holding the phone closely to her ear with her free hand resting upon her hip.

"I'll ask him, but I'm sure he'll come along. Why wouldn't he?" Megan asked into the phone, making her way up the stairs as she listened to the plans they had for tonight.

As much as he loved being able to be around his girlfriend and best friend all the time, Jon was actually going to bail out on the party tonight and just do his own thing. Seeing them always drinking and finding drugs to do tore him up inside because there was nothing he could do to steer them away from their addictions, and with Megan always trying to coax him into relaxing and giving into what he use to do, it always ended up in a fight between them and he couldn't deal with it.

"Chris said that his old buddy from school is having a huge party tonight, and invited us to tag along," Megan explained as she came back downstairs a few minutes later with a new outfit on. A bright red blouse with the sleeve hanging off her right bony shoulder, dark blue-jean short shorts along with a black belt, and some red flip-flops which showed off her manicured toe-nails that were painted red. "Haylie has to work, but even if she was off she wouldn't go because she's so lame."

Ignoring her last comment, Jon said, "I'm not really feeling up to going out tonight, honey," Jon leaned over to grab his shirt from the floor and pulled it over his head. "You go do your thing. Be careful."

"Now you're sounding just like Haylie. Dull and all that sh-t," said Megan with a look of distaste written on her face and rolled her eye's before disappearing into the Kitchen.

His eyebrows knitted together as his blue eye's stared at the spot she was recently standing, not sure what that was suppose to mean or if he should be offended by it or not. He was one of the few people who knew why Haylie never went out or associated herself with people who's always drunk or drugged up, and while they weren't friends or close to one another, he respected her.

Running his fingers thru his messy hair and tightly closing his eyes, he groaned in agony when he felt a headache coming to him. Standing up and making his way into the kitchen where Megan was leaning against the counter texting, Jon grabbed the pill bottle from the cabinet before getting a glass of water, popping a pill in his mouth then washed it down with a gulp of water. Everytime he'd fight with Megan or overthink anything, he'd get a bad headache which is why he tries not to let anything get to him, but it's hard for him since he's stubborn and doesn't like to let things go.

"This is what I keep talking about, baby," Megan spoke up, her green eye's looking up from the text she got from Chris and letting out a deep sigh. "You need to let loose. Every now and then won't hurt you. If it helps take away the stress and everything, then do it."

"You know exactly why I got clean, and got my life back on track," said Jon, rubbing the back of his neck and giving her a look that she dismissed. "Why can't you just accept that I'd rather not do drugs, and respect my wishes?" asked Jon, his eye's locked with hers.

"You're no fun anymore. Remember how wild our nights were together? Don't you think back on them and miss those nights?" asked Megan as she slid her cell phone into her back pocket and closed the distance between them, wrapping her long arms around his neck and played with the back of his hair with a playful smirk.

"You can have fun without being drugged out of your mind, or drunk off your a-s all the time," said Jon while wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her closer to his body, holding her gaze. "How about we stay in and have a nice weekend together? Order in some take-out and watch movies then maybe have some fun afterwards. Just you and I. What do you say?"

"What do I say?" asked Megan, leaning back a little and tapping her chin with her index finger as if she was thinking real hard. "Boring," Megan pulled out of his embrace with a roll of her eyes.

"Yeah? How about going out to dinner then go bowling? Or shoot pool?" asked Jon, standing up straight and clasping his hands together behind his head. He was determined to spend some quality time with his girlfriend.

"Uh, you know how I hate bowling. It's possibly more boring than Haylie," said Megan with disgust in her voice and across her face. "And pool? I don't know how to play pool, but by the looks of it, it's boring, too."

"It's not that hard, baby. I can teach you how to play pool," Jon offered with a hopeful look, giving her a genuine smile.

"I have three days until the weekend to think about it. Don't get your hopes up," offered Megan, her hands grasping the sides of his neck and closing the gap between them with a heated kiss before pulling away, leaving him wanting more. "Don't wait up for me, babe. Love you."

"I love you, too. Stay out of trouble," said Jon, sending her a wink as she made her way out of the kitchen, the loneliness already hitting him when he heard the front door open then close behind her.

Sure, they've been living together for four months and anybody would think they spent a lot of time with one another, but they didn't. They had to work on different work schedules, and when they weren't working then she'd be out having a day with her girlfriends or out partying during the nights. It was rare that they spent one on one quality time together, and that's all he wants to do. It felt as if he wasn't even in a relationship at times.

Hearing a loud growl come from his stomach, he frowned as he started searching the kitchen for something to eat, but didn't have much luck. Their cabinets and refrigerator was almost empty from neither of them stopping at the store, and his stomach growled louder this time.

"I heard you the first time," muttered Jon, glaring down at his stomach as he walked into the living room and made his way out the front door, knowing where he'd go for some lunch that wasn't too expensive, and the food was real good.

Meanwhile at the Pizza Restaurant, Haylie's hazel orbs looked up at the clock to notice it almost time for her shift to end for the night. It was a busy day which was normal for their restaurant, and with getting into an arguement thru text messages and phone calls while on her break with Chris, it just made her day go down hill. And to top it off, her recent text she just got told her he'd be out all night, and that didn't make things better one bit.

Picking up a large vegetable pizza with an order of cinnamon sticks, Haylie walked back over to the counter and showed the customer on the other side his order like they're suppose to do. A lot of her co-workers didn't do it, but she was one of them that always did it to make sure it was the right order, and to satisfy the customer.

"Is there anything else I can get for you tonight, sir?" asked Haylie while handing him the extra money back, a smile on her face.

"That will be all, Miss. Thank you so much, and you have a wonderful night," The middle-aged man said with a smile of his own, sending her a nod before picking up his food and making his way out of the restaurant.

After cleaning the tables off and throwing the trash away that was left on the tables, her eye's found the clock again to notice her shift was over. Walking up to the counter, she clocked herself out as they're suppose to and made her way into the back to where her best friend was working at.

"My shift is over for the night. I'm heading out," said Haylie, walking up behind her friend and wrapping her arms around her friend's waist, kissing her cheek.

Twenty-four year-old Ashlee Marie Harris pulled away from her best friend before wrapping her own slender arms around Haylie's neck and hugging her tightly. They've been the bestest of friend's ever since they met in pre-kindergarten when they found out they had the same middle name, and had a bunch of stuff in common. After all the fights with one another and the ups and downs, they've stayed close to eachother as if they were sisters.

"You go home and have some one on one time with your man," said Ashlee while pulling away from their embrace and sending Haylie a wink, but frowned when she noticed the look she got in return. "I'm sorry, girl," Ashlee frowned aswell, pulling her into one last hug and kissing her cheek.

"It's all cool, Ash. I'll talk to you when you get off work. Be good," warned Haylie, knowing that Ashlee and another employee usually gets into an arguement about anything, and everything.
"Yeah. No promises," stated Ashlee, her honey colored eye's sparkling with mischief before winking at her best friend.

Blowing a kiss at her, Haylie grabbed her jacket and purse from the back before she made her way thru the restaurant and out the side doors. Cursing to herself when she felt how chilly it was, she looked both ways then ran to her jeep that was parked up on the small hill where employee's were suppose to park. Unlocking the drivers side, a large hand grasping her left shoulder made her scream out and turn quickly, her hands going up in front of her as if she was ready for a fight.

"Hey, I don't fight chicks," said Jon, chuckling out with his hands up in the air in surrender, his infamous smirk written on his face.

"F-ck you, a-shole," Haylie said angrily, sending him a glare while opening the door to her jeep and sitting down behind the steering-wheel, tossing her purse in the passenger's seat. "What are you even doing here?"

"I ordered a pizza, and seen that your shift was over with so I wanted to see if you wanted to go back to your place and eat," offered Jon, leaning up against her jeep and looking at her in question.

Staring at her steering-wheel, Haylie wasn't sure what to say. They never offered to eat with one another, and it threw her in confusion. She wondered why he was being so nice to her all the sudden, and why he wasn't out partying with his girlfriend, and Chris, like they always did.

"Uh," Haylie started, biting her lower lip roughly and looking around the almost empty parking lot, she shrugged her shoulders as she thought over everything in her head. "Why the hell not."

"Sounds like a date," said Jon while pushing off against her jeep and winking at her which made her glare back at him. "I'll follow you back."

Watching him walk back to his car that was parked across the parking lot, all she could do was wonder why she even agreed to eat dinner with him, and not only that, but alone at her house that she lived in with her boyfriend. Shaking away her thoughts and questions, and slamming her door shut, she buckled up and turned the engine on, backing out slowly then drove out of the parking lot with Jon right behind her. And she knew he was trying to piss her off with riding her bumper, which she hated when people did that.

Stopping at a redlight and fixing her review mirror a little, she seen Jon drumming his fingers against the steering-wheel of his car and seen his lips were moving, most likely singing to a song. She was too tired and irritated with Chris to really be worried about why Jon offered her to eat with him, or be bothered of why she even agreed. She really wasn't in the mood to argue or start a fight with him tonight, but that's usually what they always done whenever they were in the same room together. And knowing she was almost home, she dreaded it..
♠ ♠ ♠
A small filler for the next chapter.