Run Away

1/1

The air was thick and heavy the smell of blood lingering leaving a bitter scent in the survivor’s nose (two males and one female.) leaving them with wide eyes. Fear was sitting in their stomach as they wonder what were they to still chain up with each other, their owners are dead and the enemies have yet to show their faces. Who was going to capture them now? They thought as they looked around seeing the ground darken with fresh blood seeping into the soil.

“Why are we still standing here?” One brave soul asked the two other slaves as they glance at each other.

“Because we don’t know who else is out there, do you want to die?” The elderly man hissed at the young slave.

“We will die sitting here in fear.” The girl said in a low voice glancing over into the forest with confusion with mixed feelings, if someone was to come they would still be slaves but even with freedom at their fingertips but they are still slaves.

“What does a mere house slave know of the wild?” The elderly man sneered at her, already having an impression of the young woman; she stared at him with fire deep inside of her stomach taking over her hunger.

“I am no mere house slave.” She snarled over to the man as the younger male perked an eyebrow over to the pair. “I was free once! And I know what sits in the forest, wild cats they will attack giving you no mercy, wild dogs that laugh at your pain, evil snakes with mouth filled with hatred from hades. We cannot just sit here waiting for a rescue when death is clinging at our ankles.”

The younger male laughed which just made the female grow angrier as she stared at the two men with fire in her eyes, the burning anger sitting in her stomach was rising more and more with every laugh and every joke that passed these men’s lips.

“Resuce? You mean capture; we’d be stuck with ownership forever. I am with the girl.”

She smiled over to him as the elder man glared at the both of them, the female rolled her eyes over at him, as she looked at the younger male with a determined look on her face. The only problem is they are chained together and the man in the middle wasn’t going to move.

“You fat piece of shit.” The male shouted at him. “You better move our arse along.”

“I will not.” He stated as the girl rolled her eyes at him. “we will wait for people to take as along.”

The girl narrowed her eyes at him before looking around her to find a rock big another to break the chains, and the man could sit there on his own and wait for his death wish. She was not about to go and be captured and clean up after people that were lazy pieces of shit. She had a home and she was once a free woman and her heart panged for the freedom.

“And once you are free of me.” The man said as he watched the girl grab a big rock and started to slam it down on her chains that was connect with his. “How do you expect to live freely? You’ve been marked.”

The mark was clear as day on her shoulder and on the young males forearm, but they didn’t want to think that far yet.

“You will be killed for running off.”

“And you will be killed for sitting on your arse.” The male said following the girl’s action with hope building in his chest.

“I’d rather die by nature then the whims of human.” He said making the girl look at him with a look of curiosity, as the wise words fall out of his mouth. “Animals are natural, when man kills a man it is not.” He had a far away look on his face making the girl heart feel heavy, as if she understood that he has seen much madness in his life but she wasn’t going to give up as she started to slam the rock harder causing the chain to break quickly.

“Ah! Freedom.” She said with a smile now rubbing her wrist gently trying to slide the cuff off her wrist.

“You are not free yet my dear.”

She ignored his words as she looked at the young male with bit of anger, she wish he would hurry the hell up. He quickly broke the chains and quickly got up grabbing her hand to pull her along her while he ran.

“You will never be free.” The man called at them and she furrowed her eyebrows but she will never give up until she is back to her home land, and back into her father’s arms.