Unintended

New Years Day

Kellan ran a hand through her deep brown locks, taking a deep breath in before downing the shot of vodka. "Shit!" She squeezed her eyelids shut. "What is this?"

"Vodka, extra strength." An older boy named Kyle said coolly. Kellan had only met him a few times before, and knew immediately she should've trusted her first instinct; that he was a creep. She was thankful to be surrounded by her close friends and classmates that she trusted, but Kyle still rubbed her the wrong way. "The more you drink, the better you'll feel."

She rolled her eyes and slammed the bottle down. "You sound like an alcoholic."

"Takes one to know one," he shrugged. She let out an exasperated sigh, and turned on her heels. "Wait! Where are you going?"

"To see my friends?" She responded, arching her eyebrows.

Kyle looked around awkwardly. She really didn't like this guy. She continued on to find her best friend, Olin. Olin pulled her into a hug, completely reeking of alcohol. Kellan chuckled and took the Palm Bay she handed her, ready to erase the strong taste of whatever the hell Kyle had actually given to her.

"Kyle is totally checking you out." Olin looked over to the curly headed brunette, whose eyes were firmly fixated on the female brunette. "I think he has a thing for you."

"Yeah right!" Kellan scoffed. "And even if he did, like hell I would ever give him a second look. He creeps me the fuck out."

Olin nodded. "He's kind of weird."

The effects of the alcohol had yet to settle in, but Kellan joined her friends to dance anyway. She shrugged off her black sweater and tossed it on a nearby chair.

The house they had occupied for the night had been abandoned years before due to a murder that occurred in the eighties. Nobody would buy the house, and it eventually became property of the city. They had made several attempts to host parties in the abandoned home, but every time, something ended up going awry. This time they went ahead with their plans for New Years, decorating the house and filling it with alcohol, music, and rowdy teenagers and young adults.

Kellan smiled, having the time of her life. She was nowhere near as influenced by alcohol as her friends were. She would never admit it, but the paranoia of what could happen to her while too drunk to function terrified her. The only time she allowed herself to be "drunk" was when she was in a home with only her close or trusted friends.

"Shit!" She heard various shouts and gasps. She looked over to see the infamous red and blue lights pull up to the house. She groaned, and noticed everybody doing their best to evacuate the house. Kyle ushered them down the stairs, but they were instantly greeted by two police officers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just an FYI, this story is set on New Years Day, 2007! This first part stays true to my actual New Years experience three years ago, but everything beyond is just a work of a wild imagination. Enjoy!