Status: active :)

Bay Boy

Fourteen

Jordan's POV

When I'd walked in to see Mila sitting in my kitchen, staring me down with her different colored eyes, her glare as cold as ice, I'd thought I was imagining things. I'd thought I'd missed her so much that my mind was playing tricks on me, going all psycho. But it had really been Mila. And though at first she'd been cold and furious, nothing like the warm person I was used to,but she'd soon become distraught and had spilled her true feelings. I thought I had heard her wrong when she told me that she liked me, as more than a friend and she thought I didn't feel the same. I liked her a lot, and cared for her so much, not in the way that I cared my one night stands got home okay, but so deeply. I really, truly cared about her, and that was almost scary to me, I'd only known her for eight weeks and she'd been avoiding me for two of those. But I refused to lose her again. Mila was brilliant, but her self doubt led her to wrong assumptions sometimes, like when she thought I didn't like her. I had to capitalize on my opportunity and be clear with her now and be clear that I wanted her. So I'd asked her to be my girlfriend, my question coming out in a jumbled mess of a rant. Mila looked at me for a second, as if she was waiting for me to laugh and tell her I was kidding, before nodding, her eyes boring into mine. I fought the urge to do a fist pump and pulled Mila, my girlfriend, into a big Staal bear hug. "Don't make me regret this Jord," Mila whispered softly into my ear. I was angry as I thought of her last douche bag boyfriend, Tyler. She'd let him in and he'd crushed her. "I won't, trust me." I wasn't going to screw up this time. I held Mila in my arms, and she relaxed into them. Mila and I sat there as I rubbed her back soothingly. We just sat in silence for maybe half an hour before Mila suddenly got up. "Do you want something to eat Jordan?" I nodded. "Don't cook though Mila. How about I order some Italian? I know you're going to give me the whole thing about Russian culture and how you didn't bring a gift and you should cook, but you did bring a gift. You brought yourself." I pulled Mila in for a kiss and savored the taste of her lips on mine. After diner I carried her to the guest room and tucked her in, she'd fallen asleep while we'd been watching Forrest Gump.

The next night, I called my favorite Chinese place and ordered some of my favorites, I hoped Mila liked Chinese. "Tell them no MSG Jordan." I did as she told me and I hung up. "What exactly is MSG?"
"It's this gross chemical that's really bad for you a lot of Asian restaurants put into food to make you crave it. It's terrible for you." I wrinkled my nose. Ew. But no wonder I always craved dumplings. "Thanks for letting me know. But just so you know, you're such a nerd. Only you would know something like that." Milena put her hands up. "Guilty as charged!"

The Chinese came and Mila and I sat on my couch, curled up eating dumplings and sesame noodles, watching Slapshot. I was appalled by the fact that she'd never seen it and I'd begged her to watch it. She finished up her bowl of noodles and got up to put it in the sink, before I pulled her back down. "I got it," I said, taking her bowl. "Thanks Bay Boy. Come back though. I need you, you're a really good source of heat," she joked. God, she was gorgeous. The way when she smiled her face creased up a bit, the way her eyes widened when she was surprised, everything about her was amazing. "You don't have to worry about that, you're a pretty good pillow." Milena raised her eyebrows. "Did you just call me a pillow?"
"Uh well, um, I guess?" Mila broke out laughing. I was surprised she wasn't mad, my exes or one night stands would have yelled at me if they even thought I had called them fat or unattractive. Mila took everything in stride. I was sad, knowing she was catching a flight back to Montreal early the next morning but I knew she had work to do. "You're crazy, Jordan Staal. Prepare to feel my wrath!" Mila laughed uncontrollably and it brought the biggest smile to my face. She was just so cute. This was the Mila no one else got to see, the one who was bent over laughing while trying to clobber me with a pillow. "Oh, I'm the crazy one Milena Narkov? You're the one who's trying to abuse me with a pillow!" Mila pulled me into a hug before hitting the back of my head with the pillow, catching me by surprise. I paused Slapshot and grabbed a pillow before engaging in a full-on pillow fight war. We only stopped when we short of breath and laughing so hard we were almost crying. "Well Jordan, I think we've sufficiently broken in your pillows," Mila said. "You're insane," I retorted, laughing and shaking my head, "But you've got pretty decent aim. You got me good a few times." Mila crossed her arms over her chest. "Please. I have great aim. If you weren't such a giant and I could reach better, I would have annihilated you." I chuckled. "You may be smart, but you're delusional Narkov. You were so going down in flames." Milena burst into a fit of hysterical laughter again. Seeing her so happy and at ease made me happy, I wanted her to be happy in almost the same way I wanted my brothers to be happy. "You did not just say that! Oh god, I thought people only trash talked that way in those cheesy sports movies."
"They're not cheesy!" I piped up, those movies had been practically my whole childhood. "I hate to break it to ya Staal, but they are." She yawned, our pillow fight and movie marathon had tired her out. I swiftly picked her up, bridal style. Surprisingly, she didn't protest like usual. She must have been really tired. Shit. She had an early morning flight tomorrow. I felt awful for keeping her up so late but I was slightly comforted when I remembered she could function on very little sleep. I laid her into bed, she was already in her pajamas, plaid boxer shorts and a white wife beater tank top that had my blood flowing down south, and tucked her in. I kissed her lips softly and relished the feel of her. I was so lucky that she was kissing back, just a few days ago she hadn't been in my life at all and now she was my girlfriend. For once I hadn't fucked up. "Good night Milena. Sleep well." She closed her eyes. "Night Jordan." I laid a kiss on her forehead before turning off the light and closing her door softly, careful not to make a sound as I walked to my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Some Jordan POV. I love his POV but it takes me a long time to get a chapter of his POV written because it's harder to get myself into his mindset. Do you guys like it or do you prefer Milena's POV? Comments please!