Status: active :)

Bay Boy

Sixteen

I enjoyed a hectic week in Montreal, full of long talks with Dad, heartfelt phone calls with Jordan that lasted hours, fun Skype sessions with Babushka and piles upon piles of work and reading. I had seen Alain in class and he'd given me dirty looks all week long. He was such an ass. I walked home from class on Thursday, I was beyond excited that I was going to see Jordan, and be in DC, tomorrow. I couldn't wait to show him around my hometown. I'd told Jordan about Jana and he'd gotten Jana and I tickets right behind the Caps' bench. Jordan understood that I'd been a Caps fan practically since birth and wanted to give me and Jana an opportunity to be near the men we idolized. Jordan hd put up quite a fuss when I'd told him I would be wearing my Caps shirt but he'd settled down a bit when I told him I had planned on wearing my Ovie jersey but decided not to because of him. Still, I would be rooting for the Caps. I smiled, singing along to Stairway to Heaven as I packed my huge duffel. I threw in my shirt, three pairs of jeans, workout clothes, two cute tops, a sweatshirt and my sneakers. I'd wear my red Vans to the game, rocking the red like the loyal Capitals fan I was.

On Friday I rushed home, Dad had agreed to drive me to the airport. I was lucky that he got off work early, I had no money for cab fare. Dad took me up to where I had to go through security before giving me a loving hug and a kiss on the head. "Tell Jana I say hi. Have fun! Be safe, dotcha." I rolled my eyes. "Bye Dad!" I boarded my flight and listened to music on my iPhone, I was too tired for work. I closed my eyes as Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds came on.

A flight attendant shook me gently, waking me up. "We've arrived in DC ma'am," she said her tomato red lips slightly pursed. "Thank you," I said, getting up and grabbing my bag from the overhead bin. Jordan hadn't flown in yet so I was taking a taxi to my old neighborhood Starbucks where Jana worked to surprise her. I couldn't wait. I relished the sight of the familiar DC streets as I sat in the yellow cab, I was glad to be in my home territory. The cab pulled up and I gave the wrinkled cabbie his fare, along with a five dollar tip. He thanked me profusely but I just waved it off and told him to have a good day. Being back home made me feel generous, and although I knew I should have saved my money, I liked making people's days. I walked into the Starbucks confidently and ordered my usual grande Tazo chai tea latte. "Name?" The barista asked. "Milena." She passed the cup to Jana who made my latte before Jana called out "Milena!"
I walked up to grab my cup and Jana screamed. "OMIGOD Mila! You're back!" I laughed, almost spilling my latte. "Hey Jan, long time no see." Jana pulled me into the barista area where the drinks were made and wrapped me up in a hug. "Jana, I love you, but I can't really breathe right now." Jana released me and squealed. "Sorry I'm just so excited! We have to catch up! My shift's over in fifteen minutes, wait here until I'm done." I nodded. Jana and I had stayed in touch, texting back and forth, but she didn't know about Jordan. "Yup." I sat down and sipped my chai tea. It was going to be a very, very good weekend, I could feel it.

Jana finished up her shift and we walked back to Georgetown, chatting animatedly the whole ten blocks. "So how's Ben? Has the sucker proposed yet?" Ben was Jana's longtime boyfriend, he was in his first year of law school. They'd been together for three years and unlike most law students, Ben was a great guy. Jana smacked my arm. "No! I'm only twenty one, dumb ass."
"Wow Jan, nice warm welcome back."
"Are you with anyone in Montreal?"
"Believe it or not, I do have a boyfriend."
"WHAT!?" Milena Narkov has a boyfriend? This must be the apocalypse."
"Stop acting so surprised. Jesus, is it that big of a miracle someone was stupid enough to date me?" Jana laughed, her raw, Nebraska hillbilly laugh that I loved. "Mila you're ridiculous. I'm just surprised you got your nose out of the books long enough to meet somebody. So what's his name and what's he studying? And when do I get to meet him!?" Jana would never in a million years expect or be prepared for my answer. "He's not at McGill, it's Jordan Staal. And tonight maybe, if you behave." Jana rolled her eyes. "That's not funny Mila. Don't joke about dating Penguins. Ew. God, Montreal's changed you. If you're gonna pretend you're dating a hockey player, you better be fake dating a Cap." I'd introduced Jana to hockey shortly after we'd met and she was now a diehard Caps fan. "No, I'm serious." Jana stared at me. "Shut up! That's awesome! I can't believe you kept this from me!" I gulped. "I'm sorry Jan. It's all pretty new." Jana waved her hand. "I want details of how you met and your dates! Ben and I have been together for so long, my love life's not that interesting anymore. So I how to live through your new found romance," I groaned. "Jan, you're insane, but fine." I recounted the details of Jordan and I's relationship to her, skipping out on the personal parts that felt too intimate to share. The fact that some moments they were too special to share with Jana was crazy, we'd always told each other everything. But Jordan was different. "Oh and Jan, you and I have tickets for the game tomorrow night. Right behind the Caps' bench." Jan pumped her fist. "Yes! We're gonna watch your boyfriend get his ass whooped!"
♠ ♠ ♠
What Milena wore:
http://www.polyvore.com/mila_flight/set?id=72092869

Comments please guys!