Status: active :)

Bay Boy

Twenty seven

Jordan stared at me expectantly and I realized he was waiting for me to answer. He wanted me to spend Christmas with him. I was comfortable with that part. But with his family. . .
Mila, c'mon form a coherent sentence, use words, I urged myself.
"Err. . .um. . .yerp!" I finally choked out. Yerp? I must have sounded like a yeti.
"I started to say yes and then I finished with yup. . .and I'm not really sure where the r came from. . ." I trailed off, trying to explain myself.
Jordan brought my face to his, cutting me off with a deep kiss that made my insides feel like jello. When he finally pulled away he stared me straight in the eye, his face lit up with happiness and he was rosy cheeked from the cold. And in that moment all my insecurities about meeting Jordan's family, my guilt about leaving my dad alone in Montreal for Christmas, my embarrassment about my awkwardness, it all faded away. Because there, walking in that bone chilling Pittsburgh night, I realized I was falling in love with Jordan Staal. It didn't hit me like a ton of bricks, but rather I felt like I was realizing something that had been there all along, the way you search for your glasses only to realize they're sitting on top of your head. Something in me was different, had been for quite a while now, and now I knew what it was. It was love, or the beginning of it at least.
"Milena, I can't wait for Christmas. It's going to be perfect this year. You, me, my family, Thunder Bay, I couldn't ask for more." Jordan said, sounding incredibly heartfelt. I was pretty sure I couldn't ask for more either.

Jordan and I piled into his car after another half hour of walking and I laid back against the soft leather seat. It was only a twenty minute drive to his house and I forced myself to stay awake, not wanting to give up time with Jordan due to my body's selfish demands. Jordan kept me up by telling me funny stories about his teammates though, and I couldn't help but laugh at the multitude of stories about Sidney, especially the one about his yellow crocs.
"Promise me you'll never wear crocs," I said to Jordan.
Jordan grinned cheekily. "You never know, I mean, they're pretty hot. I'm sure they'll be in style soon."
I grimaced, thinking about Jordan wearing horrendous yellow crocs. "I'm not touching you if you ever own crocs." I said decisively and Jordan smirked.
Jordan pulled into his garage and I got out as soon as the car started moving. Jordan head the door open for me and as soon as I was inside I broke off running.

"Race you to the bedroom!" I yelled.
"No fair!" Jordan called out, running after me.
I hurried up the stairs, Jordan on my tail, but tripped on the last one, and soon I was sprawled on the ground, having collapsed on Jordan.
I burst out laughing, my head buried in the stairs still.
"You okay Mila?" Jordan asked, sounding concerned.
I tried to calm my laughter so I could answer. "Fine!" I said, lifting my head up. Jordan saw I was laughing, not crying, and gave me a confused look.
"You're crazy, Narkov. You thought you could beat a Staal." Jordan said, looking quite amused.
"Please, Staal. This isn't over." I said, struggling to my feet and trying to run. Jordan grabbed me from behind and tackled me, grasping my waist.
"Actually, I'm pretty sure it is." Jordan said, smirking.
"Ugh, you and your stupid long legs. If you weren't such a giant I would have won!" I said, being an obnoxiously tired sore loser.
"I still would have won, but whatever, I'll let it go. You're cute when you're delusional." Jordan said, walking me into his bedroom.

Jordan started stripping, unbuttoning his dress shirt to expose his perfectly chiseled abs, and my mouth went dry as he took off his slacks. Jordan didn't seem to notice. My pajamas were on the bed and I grabbed them, my face red. I slowly unbuttoned my top, turning my back to Jordan, my cheeks blazing.
"Oh shit Mila, you're changing. I'll um, leave?" Jordan said, sounding incredibly embarrassed. I suddenly felt incredibly self conscious, in my unbuttoned shirt, my stomach and bra visible.
"No Jordan, it's okay. I'll just go into the bathroom," I said quietly, starting to creep away.
"No Mila, c'mere, look, I'm sorry if I'm making you uncomfortable. I know how to handle rowdy and wild, but I'm still pretty new to this whole shy thing. But you're what I want and I want to learn. So you're gonna have to help me out here, 'cause I want to learn. You're beautiful Mila, there's no need to be embarrassed. If anyone should be embarrassed it's me, I'm the idiot who took his clothes off and is standing here practically naked," Jordan said, laughing lightly.
Jordan gave me a chaste kiss and slid my shirt off as I unbuttoned my jeans and wriggled out of them. I quickly put on my pajamas, wanting to cover up my exposed skin.

Jordan and I crawled into his king sized bed, cuddled up next to each other. I put my arm over his warm torso and he drew me in closer to him, pulling me in by draping his leg over mine. He gave me a soft kiss on my forehead. "Goodnight Mila, sleep well." He said, as I drifted off.

Forty five minutes later I was in a semiconscious state, somewhere in between sleep and reality. My conscience had plagued me with thoughts of my dad, my Mam coming to me in my dreams to tell me she was disappointed in me, for leaving my father alone.
I was meeting Jordan's family, this wasn't how it was supposed to feel. I was supposed to be excited, albeit nervous, but excited nonetheless. I was not supposed to be wrestling with my demons. Jordan rubbed his hand in soothing circles over my back, sensing my restless sleep. He whispered something I couldn't hear as if he was testing it out, seeing how it sounded on his tongue.
But soon his whisper grew a bit stronger and my ears strained to pick up what he was saying.
"I know you're asleep and you can't hear me Mila, I guess that's why I'm saying this, I wouldn't have the balls to say it when you're awake, but I think I might love you. Actually, I think I love you. I'm waiting until I'm sure to tell you though. God, it's even scary to say when you're asleep. Goodnight Mil." Jordan said.
I kept my eyes shut firmly, knowing I was wrong to stay silent when I'd heard everything Jordan had said but I was worried if I'd opened my eyes he'd be scared off. Besides, he wasn't sure yet, and he was waiting to tell me. I wasn't sure yet either of what to make of what Jordan had said or if I was ready to let Jordan know I might love him too. We both needed time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was really feeling this story so I decided to update. Eep what do you guys think? Comments please!