Status: active :)

Bay Boy

Four

After the beefy security guards let go of me I talked to Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin for a bit. They were both cool guys. Jordan cleared his throat. He looked amazing in his light blue dress shirt that matched his eyes and black slacks.
"Milena, do you want to go clubbing?" I hated clubbing with a passion. Clubs were filled with guys who reeked of cologne and whiskey just looking for a quick lay and desperate, slutty girls with no goals in life looking for a night of fun. "Uh no thanks, I think I'll head home. Thanks for the ticket and for everything." Jordan's face fell a little bit.
"Wait, I gave you two tickets? Did you bring someone else? If they want an autograph or something I'd be happy to sign."
"Actually no, I came alone. My dad couldn't come." Jordan looked surprised, like a cute deer in the headlights. A six foot four deer that is. "You could have brought your boyfriend or a friend you know, it wasn't family only." Ugh. This conversation. The part where I had to admit that I didn't have a boyfriend or friends and people looked shocked and pitied me.

"I don't have a boyfriend, or well, friends." My voice fell softly and I almost hoped Jordan hadn't heard me. "A pretty girl like you? What? And you're in college, don't you have a herd of sorority friends?" I took a deep breath. "I don't really have time for a boyfriend. I'm in my second year of medical school so I spend most of my time studying. And as for the friends part, I do have friends, just not in Montreal. I just transferred from Georgetown to McGill. All my friends are back in DC." Jordan looked sympathetic. Hockey took up a lot of his time, it was probably hard for him to make friends outside of hockey, the way it was hard for me to make friends since I was studying practically 24/7. Lost in my thoughts, my stomach growled. I hadn't eaten dinner. Shit. Without thinking I looked down and said "Big Bertha shut up!" Big Bertha was the nickname I'd given my stomach, because I was always hungry, no matter how much I ate. Jordan looked at me quizzically. "Did you just talk to your stomach?" I nodded, embarrassed. "It's always making noises. I get hungry literally every three hours. It's ridiculous." Jordan laughed heartily. "I get it. Do you want to go grab something to eat?" I nodded gratefully.

Forty minutes later I sat across from Jordan in a booth at a small diner. I shoveled scrambled eggs into my mouth while Jordan ate his bacon. It was quiet for a while, both of us were hungry. Finally Jordan broke the silence. "So how old are you? You've gotta be like twenty three if you're in medical school right?" I gulped down a bit of orange juice. "Actually, I'm twenty one. I graduated high school a year early and I also graduated college a year early." Jordan nodded slowly. "Wow, so you're really smart. I barely got through high school in four years, I can't imagine doing it in three." I laughed, normally I hated the dumb jock type but Jordan was different.
"I'm not smart, just hardworking. I love school so I went to summer school every year, high school and college." Jordan's gorgeous eyes widened. "You went to summer school for fun!?" I giggled, I was used to getting that kind of response. "Yup! I usually did fun courses during the summer though, like chemistry or something. But I didn't come here to talk about me. Tell me about yourself." Jordan twiddled his thumbs. "I'm really nothing interesting, I'm not a genius like you. I'm just another hockey player from Canada. Tell me about you."
"Jordan, I'm nothing special either. You're a NHL player, your life has to be pretty exciting." Jordan shook his head. "We're getting nowhere. How bout I ask you a question and then you ask me one?" I nodded, that seemed fair. "Where are you from?" I smiled, I loved talking about DC. "Well, I was born in Moscow and I lived there until I was one and I grew up and went to college in DC. And now I'm here. What about you?" Jordan looked down at his empty plate. "I'm from Thunder Bay, Ontario. When I was 17 I got drafted and moved to Pittsburgh, and I've been there ever since." I nodded. "Do you like Pittsburgh?" Jordan laughed. "Uh-uh, I get to ask you a question now! You have to wait your turn! But yeah, I like Pittsburgh. Why'd you transfer to McGill?" I didn't want to get into that, not now. "I got a partial scholarship to McGill. Tell me about your family." It was true that I had a small scholarship to McGill, it paid about half my tuition. Jordan told me about his three brothers, his family sod farm and his nephew Parker. I liked talking to him. We continued talking for about an hour.

Suddenly, my cell started ringing, Fur Elise blaring. I picked it up. "Hi dad." Dad calmly asked me where I was and told me to get my ass home. I told him I'd be there in thirty minutes. "Jordan, this was fun, but I gotta get home before my dad kills me. Do you know where the nearest bus stop is?" Jordan laughed crazily. "You think I'm letting you take the bus home this late at night? C'mon, I'm driving you home." I started to protest but Jordan shushed me and led me to his Range Rover. I gave him directions to the brownstone and he pulled over to drop me off. "Give me your phone,"he demanded. I obliged and pulled out my iPhone while he gave me his. I added my number to his and he added his to mine. "This was fun Milena. I'll call you and we can figure out when you can make it to a home game. It would be a shame for you not to see how great I am in Pittsburgh on home ice." He smirked and I wondered if all the Staal boys had the same hot smirk. "You don't owe me anymore Jordan. You don't have to invite me." I was about to step out of the Range Rover when Jordan pulled me to him and kissed me. Wow. I wasn't sure if it was because I hadn't been kissed in over two years or what, but my body was tingling. "But I want to," Jordan whispered huskily. I got out of the car, almost shaking. "Good night Milena!"Jordan yelled and I told him to sleep well. He stalled the car and only drove away when he saw I was safely inside. Jordan Staal was something else.
♠ ♠ ♠
guys please comment!