Status: more comments give you faster updates C:

Let Shadows Die

Etched In My Mind But It Just Won't Go Away

Ashleys POV

After a while of sitting in the hospital bed, Andy had fallen asleep in my arms, breathing steadily and calmly. A small smile placed on his lips as well. I sighed quietly and wrapped an arm around his fragile form.
It shocked me to see him like that, crying and scared, broken. To be honest, I didn't think he had it in him to be so overly-emotional. I looked over the sleeping Andy that was curled up against me, and saw just how delicate he could be, Dom or not. I leaned down to kiss his forehead just as the doctor entered the room, informing me that I was free to leave and then left again.
Just as the door latched shut again, Andy tensed up, and I could sense that the seemingly good dream he was having spiraled its way to a nightmare. I frowned and shifted to face him entirely, before trying to wake him up.
"Andy.." I whispered. he didn't respond.
"No!" He whimpered. "No! Ashley!"
"I'm right here Andy.." I said quietly.
"Ashley you can't leave me! Don't go!" He cried again then cringed before whimpering once more. "...don't leave me..."
"Andy! Wake up!" I said louder and shook him awake, causing him to shoot up. After realizing what had happened, he hugged me tightly and I could tell he was doing his best to hold in the tears that filled his eyes. "Whats wrong Andy?"
"N-nothing." He said pulled back. "I'm fine."
"No you're not..."
"I said I'm fine Ashley." He snapped, his voice cracking a bit, but it wasn't anger that filled his voice, it was fear.
"Okay... Well I'm allowed to leave now. You ready to go?" I said as I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and stood up. Andy nodded and got up as well. He gripped my hand tightly as we left the building, with intentions of never returning in such circumstances as this one, and began to walk along the sidewalk in silence. I looked up at Andy. His long black hair blew back in the gentle breeze as he walked, staring straight ahead of him, not saying a word, just holding my hand tightly. I examined him closely; his beautiful blue eyes were bloodshot, most likely from all the crying he had done last night. I felt bad for having to put him through such pain like that, its my fault hes so upset now. Hes my mate for Gods sake, aren't I supposed to make him happy?!
"Its okay Ashley...its not your fault.." He sighed, as if reading my mind. "The doctors said you were still fairly weak from the removal of the Glamour a few days ago. They asked if you had gone through any traumatizing events since, and I told them you had a horrifying nightmare that put you in pretty bad shape. Apparently because you were still kinda weakened, your heart couldn't take the amount of shock and gave out momentarily." He shrugged glumly.
"I still feel like its my fault..."
"Don't... if its anyones fault, its mine for not taking good care of you." He said. "But thats going to change..." he nodded and then stopped talking again. We reached a small park a few minutes later, and Andy said I should sit down and rest a bit. As much as I wanted to argue and tell him I was fine, I didn't want to get on his bad side. So I cooperated and sat on one of the empty swings. Andy sat beside me, his icy eyes fixed on the ground, lost in thought. He was beginning to worry me, seeing one of the strongest Doms there was at his breaking point, his absolute worst, wasn't exactly something you'd want (or expect) to see in your lifetime.
"Hey Andy...?" I asked sheepishly.
"Yeah Ash?" he mumbled softly, eyes still fixed on the ground.
"Can I ask you something...?"
"Anything."
"Last night... when my heart...stopped..." I shuddered at saying it, and noticed he bit his lip and closed his eyes, most likely trying to rid of the thought that still haunted him. "...oh... I-I'm sorry.. N-nevermind. Its not important.." I looked down.
"No, just ask. What is it?" He sighed.
"...Well... when my heart stopped... and the doctors couldn't revive me for a period of time... What would you have done if... if I never woke up..." I said quietly, looking over to Andy, whos face softened. "I mean... what I'm trying to ask is..."
"I know what you're trying to say, Ash. And believe me... it wouldn't be pretty..." he laughed grimly. "If you didn't wake up after that... God, I don't know if I'd even want to open my eyes again. Just the thought of living without you, killed every ounce of hope I had remaining inside of me. In other words...? I'd have pretty much nothing left to live for." He frowned and stood up, opening his arms to me for a hug, which I graciously accepted and cried quietly into his chest. "I love you Ash... and no one will ever take you away from me..." he said as he rubbed small circles into my back. "And I promise, that I'll never leave you."
"And I promise that I'll never leave you again..." I whispered. We stayed like that, for who knows long, with Andy gently holding me close.
"By the way Ashley?"
"Yeah Andy?"
"I got something for you..." he blushed and stuck his hand into his leather jacket pocket.
"What is it?" I asked curiously.
"Something I got just a few days ago. After I realized that your original necklace wasn't... safe." He bit his lip and pulled out a long silver chain with a rhinestone star attached to it. I watched as Andy placed it over my head.
"Thank you Andy..." I smiled softly up at him, and he smiled back in return. I love seeing him smile.
"Oh and one more thing.."
"What is it this time?" I raised an eyebrow.
"My mom invited the guys, CC, Jake and Jinxx, you know them right?"
"Oh, yeah, I know them."
"Yeah, she invited them all over tonight for some 'get well soon' dinner or something." He scoffed. "Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be pretty interesting." He laughed.
"As long as I'm with you, I don't care what goes on." I giggled.
"Aren't you just so sweet." He smiled.
"I try." I shrugged and rested my head on his shoulder. No one would ever take my Dom away from me. No one will ever take me away from my Dom.
That.
That I can promise you for sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Gorgeous Nightmare by Escape The Fate c:

SO...

yeah.

Thats bout it.
Did I tell you I met Jordan Witzigreuter of The Ready Set on Feb. 23? No?

Well now ya know. HE HUGGED ME OMG <3 BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE <3