Status: more comments give you faster updates C:

Let Shadows Die

I Wanna Live, Not Just Survive Tonight

CC's POV

I sat on the couch of Andy's living room with Jake and Jinxx, flipping through the TV channels, groaning because nothing good was on. All it was was the normal newscasts, or ridiculous soap operas. I rolled my eyes, turning the TV off again.
"I'm bored." Jake groaned.
"Aren't we all?" I raised an eyebrow.
Just then the doorbell rang. Jinxx hopped off the couch and ran to the door.
"THEY'RE HERE!" he said excitedly and opened the door. "ANDY! ASHLEY! YOU'RE ALIVE!"
"barely..." Ashley mumbled.
"What?" Jinxx frowned.
"Nothing." Ashley bit his lip and pushed past Jinxx. Jinxx gave Andy a confused look.
"Um... tell you later..." He said quietly and stepped inside as well. "Wheres Mom and Dad?" He asked as he looked around the empty house.
"Oh, they went out for a bit." I shrugged.
"Oh, okay. Well, one sec." he nodded and turned to Ashley. "Hey, Ash? Could you wait for me upstairs? I need to talk to the guys for a minute."
"Okay." He smiled and skipped up the stairs, causing Andy to laugh softly.
Jinxx sat down again and looked at Andy.
"So wait... what exactly happened at the hospital Andy...?" he frowned.
Andy looked down and anxiously tugged on the ends of his hair.
"Ashley had... a bad nightmare...a traumatizing one I should say, where he watched me die..."
"Oh my god..." Jake gasped. Andy bit his lip.
"And due to him just now becoming a fertile, his heart was still on the weak side." He said. "He blacked out, and ended up in the hospital... where he flatlined..." his voice cracked.
"Andy..." we looked up to see Ashley standing at the foot of the stairs, and eventually ran to Andy, wrapping him in a large hug. "Andy... please don't cry.. please..." he whimpered.
"I almost lost you Ashley... I'm sorry... I can't help it..."

I cupped a hand over my mouth to refrain from letting out a loud, dramatic gasp. A Dom almost never cried. Never. And to see one break down right in front of you is saying something. It was then that the three of us, Jake, Jinxx and I, came to the realization that Andy really did love Ashley more anything in the entire world. And Ashley felt the same way for Andy.
Ashley pet Andys head gently. "Sh... sh its okay Andy... Everythings okay...I promise."
"This isn't how its supposed to be. I'm supposed to be strong, not you." He whispered.
"Just because I'm your Fertile doesn't mean I can't be strong for my Dom." He smiled softly. "Want to go lay down for a bit?"
Andy nodded slightly and stood up, looking over the three of us.
"I need some rest..." He sighed deeply.
"Its okay, bro." Jake smiled. "Go get some sleep."
"Thanks guys... Ashley while I'm upstairs, why don't you talk to them." He smiled weakly, kissing his cheek gently before walking up the stairs.

Ashleys POV

"So... Ashley..." CC broke the awkward silence. "tell us about yourself."
"Um... I like music... Misfits, Motley Crue, KISS, thats sort of stuff... I'm not the bravest..." He laughed. "I like art, I guess. I'm pretty shy." He shrugged.
"Next question!" Jake announced before I finished. "How do you feel about Andy..." he raised an eyebrow at me.
"I love him... I love him a lot..." he smiled and blushed lightly. "Hes just... so amazing..."
CC smiled. "Thats sweet."
"Well he is my mate so-"
"Wait, rewind. Its official? You two are mates?" Jinxx asked.
"Yeah... I thought he told you." I said in shock.
"He had suspicions, but we didn't know it was official." Jake laughed. "Its adorable either way."
There was a few minutes of them going on about how perfect Andy and I were for each other and how cute it was, until I finally looked at the time, realizing over an hour had passed.
"I'm gonna go check on Andy..." I thought out loud.
"Good idea. Hes been up there a long time, dude." Jake frowned.
"If you need us you know where we are." Jinxx added as I walked to the stairs.
"Yup.... probably be doing a dog pile again or the cinnamon challenge... oh boredom at its finest..." CC sighed, causing me to giggle quietly.
I walked up the stairs, and came to Andys bedroom door. I turned the handle and opened the door, and to my surprise, the room was empty. I figured he had just gotten up to get some water or use the bathroom, but the bathroom was empty as well. The entire upstairs was vacant. I was there, but Andy wasn't.
So... where else could he be? I looked around the room once more wildly, and noticed something I hadn't noticed before. The batman bedsheets were messy, signifying that Andy had been here recently and his batman curtains were opened, and the window unlatched.
Andy was gone.
He left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Angel With A Shotgun by The Cab