Status: more comments give you faster updates C:

Let Shadows Die

So Easily Fooled Little Boy, To Think Its True

Ashleys POV

The day went by slowly. First hour, then Second, Third, finally lunch. I stood by my locker, watching the Doms and the Fertiles run off to the Cafeteria, the human students doing the same. I waited until everyone was gone to follow. You have to admit, being the new kid is pretty bad. But being the new human kid at a highschool run by vampires is no doubt worse.
Finally everyone had cleared out of the hallway, and I began to make my way to the lunch room, only to stop dead in my tracks the minute I saw the Dom from before. I think he said his name was Andy. Right? He was standing in the lunch line with his tray, talking to a few of, what seemed to be, his friends. Until the shorter one tapped him on the shoulder and pointed in my direction. I looked behind me, making sure he wasn't pointing at anyone else, but nope. No, he was pointing at me. Andy turned to look at me and grinned, his blue eyes locked on me.
I'm not sure if it was a good or bad thing, but I certainley didn't feel comfortable having a Dom, a powerful Dom at that, staring at me grinning wildly. Suddenley making the snap desicion to skip lunch, I ran back to the empty hallway, franticaly finding somewhere to hide. He'd probably come looking for me.
Luckily I found a maintance closet and I sat in there until I heard a crowd of people heading to their next class of the day. Quickly I pushed through everyone and hurried to find my next class. Unfortunatley, I didn't find it until after the bell rang.
"Ah, we have a new student joining us." The teacher smiled sweetly. "Whats your name?"
"A-Ashley Purdy." I stuttered.
"The new human boy, I see." She nodded and pointed to the only empty seat in the back. "Take the seat next to Mr. Biersack and Mr. Pitts."
I looked at the seat she pointed at and the two Doms I was in between, causing me to pale.
"There?" I gulped.
"They don't bite, Ashley." She laughed. "Right boys?" She raised an eyebrow at the two, who nodded. "See? Now go take your seat."
I waddled to the empty desk and shrunk down in the seat. I felt Andy watching me intently, causing me to shift uncomfortably every few minutes. I noticed a piece of paper fly in front of my face at Andy. I watched quietly as he unfolded the paper and rolled his eyes, writing something on it and throwing it back at...who ever was next to me...
The Dom next to me, obviously one of Andys friends, smirked as he wrote his reply, tossing it over again.
"You're such an idiot Jake." Andy whispered. Okay, so the other guys name is Jake. Jake shook his head and smiled.
"Its obvious dude. But whatever. Denial." he shrugged and leaned back in his seat. Andy shot him a glare before leaning back as well. I looked from Andy to Jake then back at the desktop, feeling Andy watching me again.
I hid my face behind my long black hair and waited for the bell to finally ring.
And at last, it did. But apparently the last 3 classes were shared with Andy as well. All of which, he had been eyeing me, curiously. Probably wondering thinking of the best way to kill me, I bet.
Last class of the day had finally hit, and lucky enough for me it was Art class. Not that I was any good at art, I'm good at graphic design, but not drawing and painting... I sat in the very back of the class, opposite of Andy who was placed up front. The teacher told us we could have a free period, seeing as he wasn't going to bother trying to calm down the majority of the class.
I sighed and tapped my finger impatiently on the desk. I had no one to talk to, and absolutely nothing to do. It wasn't until I felt someone tap my shoulder that I realized someone was behind me. I turned slowly.
"Oh no..." I mumbled when I saw the oh-so familiar blue eyes staring down at me.
"What?" he frowned
"If you're going to hurt me just do it already." I groaned. "Instead of waiting."
"Why would I hurt you?"
"I got in your way earlier and a lot of Doms would kill anyone who did that!"
"I'm not seeing your point here... Why is it such a problem? It was clearly an accident."
"Because I'm human..." I bit my lip. Andy studied me for a few seconds, then his gaze shifted to the silver star necklace I was wearing.
"Whats that?" He inquired.
"Its a necklace..." I said like it was a no-brainer.
"Well no duh. I mean where did you get it." he rolled his eyes.
"My mom told me I got it when they adopted me and she said if I ever took it off then something horrible would happen."
"How long ago was that?" he asked, suddenly getting curious.
"Like, when I was 5 I think." I shrugged. "Why are you so interested?"
"No reason... have you ever taken it off...?" He narrowed his eyes at the necklace.
"No!" I said and clutched the star tightly to my chest. "I...I just can't..."
Andy frowned and looked at the two Doms and Fertile, giving them a slight nod, then left peacefully.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, um, yeah ._. I'm the type of writer that doesn't plan things out in advance and just goes with le flow, haha xD
I don't know what I'm doing until I post the chapter ._.

Title Credit: Bewitched by Blood On The Dance Floor

Until next update :)
~Rachel