The Past That Blinds (1 of 3)

Half elf, half dwarf - Chase - Is always looking for something exciting in her life, she has a deep, burning desire to fight... or it's just the ale in her stomach. Either way she never passes up a fight, nor backs down from one, she'll fight 'till death. That's why when an old friend turns up and offers her a chance to take part in a dangerous adventure that could claim her life she couldn't possibly refuse.

Eventual Thorin/OC.
  1. Chapter One - Chase
    Chase is always looking for something exciting in her life. She has a deep, burning desire to fight... or it's just the ale in her stomach. Either way, she never passes up the chance to fight, nor does she back down from one.
  2. Chapter Two - The Journey Begins
    Chase and Gandalf set off on their journey to The Shire and on the way she finds out what the quest she will be partaking on will entail.
  3. Chapter Three - Meeting the Company
    Chase gets to know the company of dwarves that are all here with the same purpose as she is, what impression will she make to the rabble that she hopes to join.
  4. Chapter Four - Second Thoughts
    Chase meets the leader of the group of dwarves. But... Things don't go as smoothly as she hopes...
  5. Chapter Five - A New Dawn, A New Day
    Will Chase end up listening to another's negative opinion of her, and head for the nearest tavern? Or will she grit her teeth and prove that she isn't what he thinks of her?
  6. Chapter Six - Tales of Battles Past
    So, the quest begins, she's now part of the company, how will the leader of the pack take her presence?
  7. Chapter Seven - Burglarhobbit?!
    How is Chase going to prove to Thorin and the others that they can trust her?
  8. Chapter Eight - We Don’t Have Parasites!
    Caught by trolls, what do they plan to do now? Or is this the end of them? Of course it's not, they just need a good plan.
  9. Chapter Nine - Trolls Are Disgusting
    After not having a very good night, no sleep and almost becoming dinner for trolls we get ourselves ready to set off on our journey again. Hopefully with no more problems...
  10. Chapter Ten - Wolf? That was not a wolf...
    As if things could not get worse, we have to go an get ourselves a personal orc pack hunting us, things just keep getting better.
  11. Chapter Eleven - Old Wounds
    Some memories are banished for a reason, because they hurt too much to remember so you bury them deeper than dwarven mines, hoping to never have to think about it again. But the scars always remind you.
  12. Chapter Twelve - Bad Blood
    Sometimes it's better to be a little wary, but other times you look like a fool, the only trouble is figuring out when to be wary and when you'll simply seem rediculous.
  13. Chapter Thirteen - Memories
    No one wants to loose their parents, especially not at such a young age, but when the memory of lost loved ones haunts you, how are you supposed to deal with it?
  14. Chapter Fourteen - What Time Can't Change
    Chase keeps having memories push through to the surface wether she wants them to or not, how long can she keep hiding that she's actually hurting and that she's wearing a very impressive mask?
  15. Chapter Fifteen - Maybe. Maybe Not...
    As the journey continues will Thorin start to get along with Chase, or will tension get too high and all hell break loose?
  16. Chapter Sixteen - Goblin Town
    Sometimes in some situations you don't care about how much you hate someone or how much they hate you, you just care about what happens to them. Some things never die.
  17. Chapter Seventeen - Out of the Frying Pan
    Out of one danger and into another, they just survived the goblins, but how will they fare against orcs and wargs?
  18. Chapter Eighteen - Let Bygones be Bygones
    So Thorin has had a change of heart, will it last or is it temporary because of his near death experience? Only time will tell.