Everything Has Changed

I'd Fold Them End over End to Bring You Closer to Me;

"Alex, why the hell are you doing this?!" My girlfriend, Lisa, screeched into the phone followed by an obnoxious fake sob.

I sighed into the phone, rolling my eyes. Why are you doing this? We're perfect for each other! You said you would marry me one day! I only cheated one time, baby!

Guilt settled into the pit of my stomach as I thought back to a month or so ago, staring at the white line my promise ring had left on my ring finger; it wasn't the first time I had cheated on Lisa, but it was the first time it meant something to me. And I had known that night that Lisa had cheated on me for the second time with one of my friends, while I was being faithful to her. Until an hour later, at least.

"Lise, I honestly don't think this is going to work out! You aren't fucking faithful and neither am I! I'm done with your ass!"

I could almost see her wince at that, prepared to hear ten different excuses. "B-Baby, I was drunk and Vinny saw I was-."

"I wasn't drunk. And neither were you, but Vinny was. Don't give me that shit."

"Alex!"

Shock and even hurt was evident in her voice, but I was honestly past the point of caring. "Lise, I'm sorry. This isn't working out anymore."

"Fine, I fucking get it. But you're an idiot if you think I'll take you back--."

I clicked end and sighed in relief when I didn't have to hear the whiney voice on the other line. It wasn't that I didn't love her, because I did, it was just that I was tired of all of this constant shit. My bandmates didn't need this shit causing problems and neither did I.

"Alex! Alex, man! Fucker..where the hell are you?"

I chuckled softly, waving a hand in front of Jack's face. "Right here, man."

He rolled his eyes, reaching for his glasses, slipping them on before he flipped me off. "Shut the hell up, Lex."

"Dude, it's not my fault you're blind."

"It's Joyce's," He laughed, sitting on the couch next to me. "You stink, man. You didn't shower yet?"

I rolled my eyes, holding my phone up before throwing it across the bus to my bunk. Of course, my shitty aim caused it to land on the floor, pieces of my screen flying in every direction. "Fucking shit. Uh..no, man. Lisa just fucking called."

"That bad, huh?"

"We broke up," I sigh, running a hand through my hair.

He rolled his eyes, looking at me. I knew what he was about to ask before it left his lips. "You know she'll be begging for you tomorrow, right?"

"I know she will, man. But I don't care. I'm not doing it anymore."

"It's about damn time, Alex. She drove you crazy. Well, you fucked with her, too."

"I know, Jack. I know I fucked up, alright?"

He held his hands up in surrender, feigning innocence. "Sorry, man."

"Don't worry about it. Just..Vinny? She cheated on me with Vinny?"

He laughed, shaking his head at me. "She got him shitfaced, Lex."

"I don't blame him, man. I'm just saying..she has pretty fucking low standards."

"Someone thinks high of himself," Vinny laughed, walking out of the bus with a bottle of beer in his hand.

"Sorry, man!" I called after him, smirking at Jack. I still felt guilty, but I feel a hell of a lot better than I did ten minutes ago.

"Speaking of hot little things..what's up with that girl, man?"

"What girl, Jack?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at him.

"The girl you've been thinking about forfuckingever!" He yelled, giving me a knowing look.

"Jesus, man..chill the fuck out?" I laughed, shoving him out of my way so I could stand up. "There isn't a girl."

"Zack! Get your ass in here!"

A groan came from the back lounge as a very hungover looking Zachary came into the front lounge. "Jack, I swear I'll beat your ass if--."

"Hasn't Alex been crushing on a chick?"

"Crushing? Chick? Are we in the third grade, Jackary?" I asked, looking at him.

He mocked me, turning towards Zack. "That girl back in New Orleans, man? That's who he's talking about?"

"I hate you, Merrick. Get somewhere."

"Love you, too, Alex," He smirked, sauntering back off to his bunk.

"There was a girl? In New Orleans? And you didn't tell me?"

"Jack, don't get all butthurt. There's...nothing to say."

"Dude, I'm getting Zack back in here if you don't say anything."

I sighed, sitting back down. "Fine, okay? We fucked. That's it."

He smirked, sitting on my lap, looking down at me. "Lexxy..come on. I know you better than that."

I shoved him off of me, fighting back a grin. "I don't have to tell you anything."

"Oh, Zachary!"

"Dude, fucking shut up! Okay, okay. Her name was Lainey. She was really cool, you know? She made me feel good for once in a long time."

"I make you feel good all night, babe."

"Jack, shut the fuck up," I laughed. "Anyway, she got all weird and ran off. I didn't get her number or anything."

"Where does she live?"

"Jack--."

"No, man. You like her and I'm sick of you being all moody. You're worse than my mother," He complained, grabbing his cell.

"What are you doing?"

"Telling Matt to get more shows closer to Louisiana."

"Dude-."

"Where does she live?"

"Sulphur, I think."

"What the hell kind of name is that?"

"You know L'Auberge?"

"Yeah?"

"The city is right over the bridge or some shit."

"Okay. Well, man..we're taking a little road trip."

Great. Just what I needed..

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I smile, looking over at Jack as I hold the microphone. "Thank you so fucking much! We're All Time Low and this is If These Sheets Were States!"

Before the Spring Fever Tour, we were taking a few weeks off. Matt said that was fine, which was surprising for him. He was even trusting the four of us to stay in Lake Charles by ourselves..as long as we didn't screw anything up.

The screaming of the crowd brought me back to reality and I put my arm around Jack, singing the last chorus.

"
If these sheets were the states, and you were miles away,
I'd fold them end over end to bring you closer to me.
Because I don't sleep at all without you pressed up against me.
I settle for long distance calls, I'm lost in empty pillow talk

I settle for long distance calls, I'm lost in empty pillow talk again.
I'm lost in empty pillow talk again."
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope that didn't disappoint...
Thank you so much you guys for the subs, recs, and comments. It means a lot.
xo.