Everything Has Changed

I Bite My Tongue So You Don't Hear Me;

"Lainey..I'm..kind of at a loss for words here," Ada tells me as she slides behind the wheel of my car.

I can't do anything but nod in response to her because I'm more so at a loss than my best friend. I thought that being late was normal, that there was nothing I needed to worry about because I was late all the time when I was younger. The nausea was a little off, but I hadn't considered going to the doctor until I finally told Ada that I had sex a month and a half ago in New Orleans.

Of course, she didn't believe me at first when I said who with. But she did now, and the only logical thing she could suggest? Telling him. Because that works so well.

"Lainey? Laine..are you okay?"

"I'm..I'm pregnant, Ada. Do you think I'm okay?"

She sighed softly, leaning over to hug me softly. I felt my breath catch at the embrace, tears pricking my eyes as realization set in. I was pregnant. Just turning eighteen and pregnant for a man that I had barely known.

We sat in the parking lot like that for about half an hour. I couldn't cry anymore and I was exhausted, and Ada was speechless, for the first time in forever. Not a single, coherent thought ran through my mind as Ada drove to the nearest Starbucks. Caffeine, although ironic, seemed to calm my nerves better than anything else when I was stressed. Now that I thought about it, stress wasn't good for the baby.

Baby. I almost had to laugh at the thought. According to the doctor, my 'baby' was only 0.118 inches long but already had a heartbeat. I run my hand over my stomach, smiling halfway at Ada.

"I think we're going to be okay, Ade."

She laughs, unbuckling her seatbelt. "Well, of course you are. She's going to have the best mommy and aunt ever."

"How am I going to explain her--wait, why did you say she?"

"Because I'm obviously going to have a niece."

"And what happens if it's a boy?"

"Well, you can always get pregnant in a few more years."

I laugh, unbuckling quickly, getting out of the small car. I was worried about what the future held for us--my baby and myself--but I knew that it'd work out in some way. Ada and I shared an apartment in Sulphur, but that all might change soon enough. I didn't know yet. I had a while to dwell on that.

"Ada?"

"Yeah, baby mama?"

I groaned, running a hand through my hair. "Ada, seriously, don't call me that."

"But..you are."

"Well, I know I am! But..don't."

She sighed, holding the door open for us. "Okay."

I ordered our two usual drinks and a muffin for me, giving the cashier two twenty dollar bills. I took the change and our drinks to the table she was sitting at outside and set her drink down in front of her.

I guess the question was bound to come up sooner than later, but that didn't mean I wouldn't spit my hot coffee out in surprise when she asked.

"You're telling him, aren't you?"

I wiped my mouth quickly, coughing slightly. "T-Tell him?"

"Yeah. I mean, you can't just not tell him."

"Of course I can."

"Lainey, he's the baby's father! You have to tell him."

I sighed, leaning back in the metal chair. "Like he'll believe me. He probably sleeps with hundreds of girls."

"And for all he knows you sleep with hundreds of guys."

I glare at her, folding my arms across my chest. "You and I both know I don't. Alex was my second."

"I know that. I'm trying to say you shouldn't judge people, Lainey. Maybe he's slept with a few girls. He is a rockstar, after all. That doesn't mean he's a bad person or that he's even a slut."

"I know that."

"Then why are you getting upset?"

"I don't know," I mutter, frowning.

"You can't even blame hormones, hun. So don't even try," Ada giggles, looking up at me.

"Whatever," I sniff, smiling slightly at her. "I'm sorry."

"Nah, don't be. So...you know I have to know."

I feel my cheeks heat up, despite the slight chill in the air. It was the middle of March, yet Louisiana weather decided to be bipolar. Much like I was being today. "C'mon, please, no."

"I wont leave you alone about it."

"Ugh, fine. Okay, he was amazing."

"You've only had sex twice," She laughs.

"So? Doesn't mean he isn't amazing."

She rolls her eyes, leaning forward. "Like mind blowing amazing? Or another world amazing?"

I gasp, laughing softly. "Ew! I am not answering!"

"It was totally another world amazing."

"Okay, yeah. It was that great."

"You dirtly little slut!" She giggles, taking a sip of her drink.

"But after...he was so not what I expected. I mean, on the outside, he's a total douchebag, you know? The typical, arrogant guy that doesn't care about anyone but himself. After we started talking, it was..I was honestly shocked. He's so caring and charming and then he screwed it up."

"Lainey, I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it."

"Ada, he's a guy. Of course he meant something by it."

"You didn't even give him a chance."

"Ada--."

"Lainey, I'm not saying fall in love with the guy. I'm not saying you have to run off and marry him. All I'm saying is you should definitely try to get in contact and tell him. You at least owe him that. Well, you owe yourself that, too. And if you two happen to hit it off, you do."

"Fine, okay. I'll tell him."

"Good. That's all I ask."

I pick at my muffin before a faint wave of discomfort forms in my stomach, pushing it aside, finishing my drink off. Ada gets up and throws her away inside, when I hear a startled gasp. I roll my eyes, cursing under my breath as I follow her inside, gasping much like she did.

A pair of warm, brown eyes meet my own as my stomach forms itself into knots. Alex smiles at me and my heart quickens its pace. I think I've forgotten how to breathe as I'm standing there, taking it--him--in. Nothing could have prepared me for this. Nothing could have shocked me more than this moment.

I didn't think I'd have to see him this soon.

Ada gives me a look as she rushes outside of the small shop, talking animatedly with Jack outside. Alex puts his hand on my lower back, leading me to a table to talk. And suddenly, the trash I've left outside along with any detestment I had for him earlier was forgotten.
♠ ♠ ♠
The dates for the pregnancy will have time gaps in between. I'll probably only do the most important things, that way none of it will bore anyone to tears. L'Auberge, by the way, is very much real and is located in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Very expensive, just in case anyone cares. xD

Updating twice because school's kind of a bitch and I'm unsure of when I'll be able to update again. So this should tie you guys over until I can. So I hoped you like the double update..enjoy it.

Thank you to:
Kennedy71199
Helenaaa___
MCRmyisnotokay for commenting. ^-^ I love hearing your thougths.

And thank you to all my subscribers and reccommenders? Lol.

Image