Everything Has Changed

If I Ever Did That, I Think I'd have a Heart Attack;

"God, I can't believe you did that!" I groaned at Ada after I gave the customer his room key.

"Please, if I wouldn't have, Jack would have."

"Do you hear yourself right now? You're talking like you know them!"

"Um..Lainey," Ada muttered, pointing to my flat stomach, "you know them, too. Well, actually."

"Just because you sleep with someone doesn't mean you know them. Ask my father, I'm sure he's had plenty of one night stands."

"Alex wasn't a one night stand, Lainey!"

"We had sex and didn't speak again."

"Until today! And he wants to go on a date with you."

"So?"

"So Lorraine," I noticeably winced at the use of my full name, "he likes you and this isn't just a casual fuck."

"Ada!" Our boss yelled, causing both of us to go back to looking at our computer screens. Ada just rolled her eyes, going back to check the room numbers and assignments.

We worked at L'Auberge, and despite the hotel being nicer than anything else we had down here, it wasn't the most glamorous job available. But it paid the bills and left a lot over to use as we pleased, so I couldn't complain too much.

"Yeah, well how do you know that?"

"Seriously, Lainey? Do you know how many guys I've had one-nighters with?"

There was another name for that..? "Uh, a lot. I've been told."

"Exactly. So I think I'd know if a guy liked you or not."

"Maybe you just weren't good," I laughed, shrugging.

She gasped, turning to look at me. "Don't think just because your tiny ass is pregnant that I won't kill you."

"Then you'll have killed two people."

"Damn."

"Sorry, girl," I giggled, looking at the people passing by. My eyes widened slightly when I saw Alex, Jack and a few other guys walking through the lobby with suitcases.

"Shit. Shit. Shit! Cover for me?"

"Wait, what are you--?"

I took one last look at them before ducking behind the counter, slumping against the wood, breathing heavily like I'd just ran a marathon.

"Are you serious, Lainey?! Get up!"

"No! He can't see me!"

"You're acting like a five year old!"

"Says the girl that still wears Pokemon pajamas!"

"Hey, they're totally sexy! Plus, guys like them."

"Yeah, nerds."

She snorted, and I could almost feel her blush as the guys came to a stop in front of the desk. How must that look? Talking to yourself. Hah.

"So..we need to check in. Oh, shit! What a coincidence."

"Right? It's probably fate."

"So this is where you two work."

"This is the place."

"Nice. Real nice. So you seen Lainey?"

"Actually, I think she just left. Why don't I give you guys the room key and then her number?"

"That'd be great, thanks."

"No problem."

I held my breath as silence followed, hearing the sound of footsteps and wheels against the marble floor.

"So who are we hiding from?" A voice asked, sitting next to me.

I looked over barely, smirking at Ada on the other side of me. "Oh, Alex."

I blushed furiously, looking back to see Alex sitting next to me. "Well, this is awkward."

"So, how 'bout that date, love? After you're through hiding from me?"
♠ ♠ ♠
So kind of filler-ish. Getting there, though! I need at least five comments for the next chapter guys!(: