Sequel: Death of Giovanni

Lucario Love

Chapter 1

6 years later
----------------------------------
Lucario and Aaron had been inducted into the service of the Kingdom as Knights of Aura.
Sir Aaron and Lucario trained as knights for a year in the forest around their home before the war had broken out. That war had taken its toll upon people and Pokémon alike, ending up in a free-for-all, with the Kingdom trapped in the middle.

“Aaron… what are we going to do?” Lucario asked his mentor.

“I… I have a plan… but you can’t come with me…. Not this time…” Aaron said to Lucario hesitantly.

“Why the hell can’t I?!” Lucario exclaimed angrily upon hearing this statement, “We’ve been through way too much together to be separated like this!!!”

“I… I just can’t let you come with me….” Aaron said sadly to his lover and friend, “Promise me you’ll look after the Kingdom….”

“But I…” Lucario protested sadly.

“Please… this is hard enough on me as it is…” Aaron said with his back turned to Lucario. “Please, let him stay behind… I don’t want to lose him…” Aaron thought silently to himself, tears streaming down his cheeks.

“… I promise…” Lucario relented, “Please… just… be careful…”

Aaron nodded and ran to the balcony where his Pidgeot waited for him and jumped astride its back; Lucario standing next to the Queen.

The Queen, being the intelligent person she was, noticed that the both of them were crying silently throughout the whole exchange. She realized that the two had been sleeping together for quite some time, which was why they were so close to each other. For one to leave the other, must have broken both of their hearts in two. Lucario’s because he didn’t understand why Sir Aaron had left him, and Sir Aaron to leave the one he loved the most.

“Lucario…”, the Queen said gently in her melodious voice, “I know you love him… You must do what you feel in your heart is right.” The Queen put her hand gently on the Pokemon’s shoulder and hugged him briefly before allowing him to chase after his lover.

“We all must follow our hearts.. no matter where they lead “, the Queen said silently to the air, “I pray for their safe return….”

Meanwhile, at the entrance to the Tree of Beginnings, Sir Aaron had leapt off of his Pidgeot and was about to enter when Lucario showed up, blinded by a Pokemon attack on the way to see his lover.

“Why didn’t you stay?” Aaron asked himself quietly.

“Sir Aaron!!” Lucario said formally, “Why did you ask me to stay, when you know I can’t?! I love you too much to let you do this alone….”

“I know, Lucario… I love you too.. But I can’t let you follow me!!” Aaron said loudly as he threw a crystal staff into the ground at Lucario’s feet, imprisoning the Pokemon in the staff.

Lucario’s last thought before he went into a deep slumber was “Why.. Aaron… why have you betrayed me….?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 2, yay!
I'll put other chapters up when I can.