Sequel: Death of Giovanni

Lucario Love

FINAL

As Lucario, Ash, and the others made their way back through the tunnels, one of the drones that Kidd had released earlier had landed on one of the many crystal formations jutting out from the walls, floors, and ceilings. It made a small drill come out of the bottom of it, and then it started to bore a hole in the crystal. The usually blue crystal turned to a deathly shade of orange, before it spat out a glob of some unknown substance in the same color. The blob moved to cover the drone, but the drone sent out one last signal to Kidd’s tech manager before it was swallowed whole.
------------------------------
Meanwhile, the others had run afoul of Rigisteel, who was trying to chase them out of the Tree of Beginnings, like the other Regis. Lucario lead them up higher, until they came across a huge crack running the length of the tree. The crack was littered with Crystals, all of them connecting to the other wall, like thousands of Suspension bridges. Ash and Lucario had almost fallen off the one they had gotten to because the wind was so strong where they were. Ash heard the familiar cry of Pikachu coming from one of the higher crystals and looked up. His Pikachu was sitting at the entrance to one of the other caves in the area, looking down at them. It waited a moment, then it started to run along the crystals as fast as it could, trying to get back to Ash.
“I’m coming, buddy!!!” Ash yelled over the wind as he started to run along the crystals too. He had barely made it a few feet away from the exit of the cave he and Lucario had exited when the wind picked up and lifted Ash off of his feet. Ash flew a couple of stories up, the wind taking him up to his best friend. He touched down on another crystal, with Lucario shouting, “Ash!!” in a concerned tone.
“I’m fine!” Ash called back as the wind picked back up again and tossed Pikachu this time. Ash saw his friend falling towards a very uncomfortable death and jumped for Pikachu. The wind picked up for a third time, this time knocking off Ash’s hat and sending him closer to Pikachu. Ash caught his buddy and they were both caught and pulled from the air by Kidd, who had swung in on one of her handy gadgets to save them. Ash looked grateful and happy that both he and his friend were safe. Pikachu was followed by Meowth and Mew, who had Ash’s hat. Meowth said that Mew had saved and entertained the both of them while they were here on the tree. Ash thanked Mew, and then he, Lucario, Kidd, Meowth and Mew went into another cave. They heard explosions and turned around. Regirock, Regice, and Registeel were behind them, and rapidly approaching. They ran as fast as they could from the Legendary Pokemon, but they ended up at a dead end. The cavern they had walked into was huge, and by the looks of the ceiling, in the direct center of the Tree of Beginnings. Kidd and Ash looked at each other and knew that they were finished. Lucario noticed the exchange between the two and went up to Ash. They spent a final moment in each others embrace, before the Regis came in from the only way out. Then the blobs came. They acted similar to white blood cells in a human body, only they took on the shape of Pokemon so they wouldn’t attract too much attention before their job was done. Ash reached for the Pokeballs on his belt, and Kidd did the same. They released their Pokemon, and were swallowed whole by the cells.
Pikachu and the rest of Ash’s Pokemon stood around where their master and friend had disappeared. Mew looked at the scene before it. It saw the two Weavile that Kidd had released staring at the space she occupied a few seconds ago. It saw the other Pokemon, and Lucario weeping for Ash. Mew floated over to a crystal and began to growl. It used a psychic pulse to tell the Tree that the people it had taken out of its “blood stream” were not germs. It used up a lot of energy, telling the tree to release the people.
The tree complied by returning the people to where they had been taken by the cells. Lucario saw Ash and leapt on his lover, kissing Ash everywhere Lucario could reach.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mew floated over after grabbing Ash’s hat from where it had fallen on the floor. It floated over to Ash, and offered his hat back. Ash thanked Mew, but Mew didn’t hear Ash’s words. It fell out of the sky, too weak to keep itself afloat with its psychic abilities.
Kidd caught Mew and said, “Ah!! It’s burning up! We have to get it some help.”
Mew used the last of its strength to get them to where they needed to be.
Ash, and Kidd recalled their Pokemon to their Balls and they, along with Lucario, followed Mew to where the heart of the tree really was. The cavern was coated in the came crystal as the rest of the tree, only the crystals everywhere, even at the palace, were beginning to turn black and crumble. Lucario had accidentally hit a time flower that was growing in the room and it showed what really happened all those years ago. The vision the flower presented showed Sir Aaron walking towards Mew. He said that he knew about the bond that Mew and the Tree of Beginnings shared, and that he would give Mew his own Aura in order to stop the fighting that was getting dangerously close to the Palace he and Lucario had called home. Aaron’s final words as the Vision faded were, “Aura…. is with me!!!”
The vision ended with shock from everyone, especially Lucario.
“He… didn’t abandon the kingdom….” Lucario said slowly. Then the room shook violently, but not enough to destroy the cave they were in. Lucario went to Mew and said, “Please… take my Aura… use it to save this tree!!”
Ash heard this and practically yelled, “What?! No!!” He pulled on the gloves that were left on the crystal that looked oddly human shaped. “I’m going to help you, Lucario.”
Lucario nodded and allowed Ash to tap into his Aura and give it to Mew. After a few minuets of the two lovers working together, Lucario pushed Ash out of the way.
“I can finish this myself!!” Lucario said in a heartfelt voice.
“Lucario, no!!” Ash screamed as he was held back by Kidd, who had caught him before he hit the ground. Lucario smiled sadly, then he returned to his duty. He spent the last ounce of his energy on helping Mew save the Tree of Beginnings. Lucario collapsed in a heap as Mew flew into the bright light that was the heart of the Tree. Mew sent the Aura Current into the tree, which calmed all of the systems that were being corrupted. The tree was saved, and everything on the colossal, living mountain was returned to normal.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lucario crawled over to where the time flower was and activated it again. This time, the vision was different. It showed Aaron after he had given his Aura to Mew.
“Lucario…” Aaron said to the air, completely unaware that his lover was sitting right in front of him, “I hope you can forgive me…. I sealed you in the staff... to protect you from sharing my fate…. I didn’t want the one I loved the most… to die…. “
Lucario started crying and Aaron continued, “You were… my best friend… and a loyal companion… and my lover…. I only wish that… heh… Maybe we will meet each other again someday….” With those final words, the vision ended.
Lucario was crying as he said, “Aaron, forgive me!!”
Lucario turned to Ash as he sat next to Aaron’s crystal covered form and said, “Ash… These past few days have been very happy for me… You saved me from a despair that I thought would’ve gone on for a very ling time…”
“No… be quiet,” Ash interrupted, “This isn’t good bye... It just isn’t.”
Lucario noticed that Ash had pulled on Aaron’s gloves again. He’s going to try and give his Aura to me? Lucario thought. Lucario’s consciousness faded as a bright blue light emanated from around Ash, giving him the appearance of a god.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you guys think.