Status: This is a crossover between The Lost Boys trilogy and Jim Jarmuschs' unreleased vampire love story 'Only Lovers Left Alive' starring Tom Hiddleston. I take no credit in characters apart from Scarlett who is an original :)

Heroes and Villians: My Choice

You better make up your Mind...

I suddenly felt an anchor hit the pit of my stomach, I was so scared and shaken up. However, both the blood-soaked hunter and the [almost] unharmed hunted gave their divided attention to me;
"I can't be with either one of you..." there were looks of heartbreak and confusion [mainly confusion with Adam], I had my reasons for my decisions for both of them, I started with Adam;

"as you said, you told me that I was nothing to you but a toy...I'm not going to be used by anyone, Adam your heart will forever lie with Eve. I'm sorry we killed her. Both you and I know things between you and I wouldn't have worked when neither of us felt the same, yes we both want pleasure, but I want it to be with love, and you'll never be able to give your heart to anyone else...if that bothers you then maybe you should have killed me when you had the chance"

I then heard Edgar clear his throat, he was confused by everything, I'd to give him my reason now; "Edgar...you saved my life and I will be forever grateful to you, but you deserve someone who will return your feelings. I'm not sorry about our kiss, but I am sorry for leading you on and for lying to you. I wish I could take it back but I can't. You will find a woman who would die for you, a girl you may risk your life for again and this time it'll be worth it..."

Once I gave my reasons, the forest instantly became a room of silence, it was something I never thought I'd see, a hunter and a vampire remaining somewhat civil around one another: I knew something would burst from one of them, something that may be regretful, so I took a deep breath, and continued; "we all have to go our separate ways, we've all suffered in our own ways and together, we've to move on. I've to get back to my own world...and you both have to get on with your lives...or afterlives...whichever"

It killed me to say this, but I couldn't keep Edgar hanging on a thread and I couldn't let myself become a cure for Adams' boredom. Edgar understood though;
"Scarlett, you've proven yourself worthy to me, you'll make a great slayer if you wished to become one...thank you for making me live again, letting me love again" he rest his head against mine and kissed my forehead, he then took off his dog tag chain and put it on me; "to remember me by" he said somewhat dramatically, he did it to make me laugh and it did, well, made me giggle at least, we said one last goodbye and he started walking back to his Ute, I could have sworn I saw him wiping his eyes...
Now it was Adams' turn, he walked up to me, scratching his head for a moment; "guess I'll always see you in your dreams right?" I smirked and looked down; "I don't know...I've to get back to reality, my experience here is only a crazy yet wonderful dream...but I have to get back to my own world now"

With that, we went our separate ways, Adam vanished into thin air, and I found myself strolling through the forest alone, where was I to go from here? Suddenly I heard something, music, the tune to the theme from all of the Lost Boys films [Cry Little Sister], but where was it coming from? I ran towards the music, maybe there was a bar nearby? I continued to run and run and run, until I fell.