Status: It's back! :)

Whiskey and Weed (Re-Mastered)

I

Victoria finally forces herself from the shaggy grey carpet of Roxanne's living room, her silver eyes blinking rapidly in wonder as her surroundings become brighter, more absorb-able. She's high as a kite and floating above reality. They all are. The drugs have only just taken effect and even the feel of the carpet beneath her fingertips is unlike any other. She's felt this carpet millions of times before and although it is smooth by nature, this is something new.

Struggling to maintain a steady balance, Tori laughs, gripping Corey's broad, toned shoulder for support. His hand snakes around her waist - the feeling familiar, yet unwelcome - and aids her clambering. As Tori looks up to Corey's cloudy-blue eyes, they glisten from the light and her stomach suddenly churns from the butterflies doing back-flips. His eyes always held such an affect.

He smiles, ushering her through the archway and to the front door. Roxanne - laughing - bolts through the ajar door when Tori reaches for a single ringlet from her wild afro, Corey barely holding the small girl back.

The cool outside air purifies their lungs with every breath, the three of them quite the sight to behold upon the Iowa streets. Victoria finally slips from Corey's firm hold, dashing ahead to catch up with Roxanne. Suddenly, Corey reconsiders their plans. Maybe tonight wasn't the best night to give Tori her first ecstasy pill. But maybe he could calm her down?

Passing the block of houses, they round a corner and down a narrow alley-way, the sudden silence building for suspense. Tonight, they do something illegal and Victoria is too mind blown to even care. Everything for her at this present moment is slanted, angled and she finds the whole thing amusing.

With every staggering step, Tori feels her heartbeat drumming in her ears, the drug pumping through her every vein. Her jaw tightens, her teeth clenching together when Roxanne's arm burst out, jerking Victoria back. Corey nods silently, watching his childhood friend as she disappears in the shadows to unlock the back door of Musicland Record Store.

Roxanne's departure leaves Victoria and Corey alone, the older man instantly worming his way into her personal space and gracing her senses with his musky scent of cologne and cigarettes. "You need to stop doing this to me," he sighs, smiling broadly at the confusion on her face as she looks to him with her vivid eyes. "you're driving me crazy."

Refusing to stare at his heated gaze, Victoria focuses her attention on the violet converse runners wrapped around her feet. She knows the sexual effects she has on Corey - her recent series of tests confirming her theories - but something has changed in the way he looks at her. Somewhere, behind those deep eyes of his, a spark has ignited and is sending his heart signals to go in for the kill. Victoria just doesn't want to believe it.

"I like you, Tori."

The words she'd been dreading to hear finally escape the mans fleshy, pink lips in a breathless relief. He's been waiting far too long to say those words, but he's not even convinced they're true.

His fingers inch underneath her chin, lifting her head and forcing Tori to meet his earnest eyes. Her legs go weak, her body freezing as his lips meet hers desperately, his free hand resting calmly on the small of her back. Corey holds Tori upright, her legs giving way beneath her as her mind overloads. This is also something new.

"C'mon!" Roxanne's hushed call breaks the two apart, Corey barely giving Tori a second glance as he jogs into the shadows. Victoria stands in shock, her fingertips pressed against her bottom lip. That isn't the Corey she knows. He's not the same angry, hateful man she's always known. This isn't the Corey she considered giving herself too.

With slow and uneven steps, Victoria makes her way through the back door of Musicland. They have a debt to settle, and that's what she keeps reminding herself. Everything is black inside the store before Tori's eyes adjust, she still barely able to make out the various stands of records.

Corey leaps over the counter, dragging out a crowbar from the leg of his pants. He hooks the curved end into the register and using all his weight he leans down, cracking the plastic and with a ping, the register spits open. Shoving every last bill into his pockets, Corey's eyes watch casually as Tori's shadowed figure finally begins searching the racks.

She doesn't look for anything in-particular - completely oblivious to everything else around her - and simply shoves anything rock, punk or metal into her bag. The growing weight around her shoulder brings a dopey smile to her face.

In the blackness, Victoria can barely make-out Roxanne joining Corey behind the counter, a hushed giggled falling from her lips. Together, they use their elbow's to blast open the glass counter and snatch up all the signed records within. Corey shoves the bag in Roxanne's hands, telling her to go home. "We won't be long," he insists, his smile barely visible in the dim moonlight.

Roxanne slips over the counter and waves Victoria goodbye, oblivious to Corey stepping on her heels. She's out the back door in seconds, leaving Corey to manipulate the situation further in his favor. He shuffles to Tori's side, the palm of his hand cupping her hipbone. Victoria freezes beneath his touch, his icy fingers inching their way underneath her shirt. "I meant what I said before," Corey's voice is soft, his warm breathe brushing against her cheek.

Through the darkness, Victoria steals a glance at Corey's dark, hungry gaze, instantly regretting her decision. She knows he meant what he said... That's the problem.

"I want you, Tori..." he sighs, daring to bring her gaze to his. "all of you."

His words come out in a breathless whirl, as if Corey had finally come to terms with his feelings and was throwing everything on the line. Victoria had no time to react, Corey's mouth firmly against hers, taking control of her mind and body.

She wanted to beg with him to stop. She wanted him to go back to being the filthy, sex-driven man that she'd come to know and love, but that Corey seems lost. The hand sneaking under her shirt travels up her abdomen, refusing to stop until cupping her round, perky breast. Corey's hand discovers a mind of it's own, playing with her erect nipple through the lacy fabric.

He knows her body too well.

A gentle mewl breaks their kiss, insisting Corey keep going. His mouth attacks her neck, licking and biting to her ear lobe. Victoria's breath hitches in her throat, not giving in either way. Knowingly, Corey tugs, a light squeak falling from Victoria's lips.

Unable to control himself further, Corey's hand forces it's way between her thighs, rubbing and pressing through the fabric to her sensitive skin. Fireworks explode with such a force in Victoria's mind, but that haze breaks with the sirens and the flashing blue and red lights advancing in the distance.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so this is the official beginning of Whiskey and Weed's re-write! ^_^ I'm still sticking to the general story-line from the uncompleted original, so you're not missing out on anything. Please leave me some feedback and let me know if you like the new version or preferred the old.