Housemates

Chapter 6

The Next Friday
The next week went by in a blur. I haven't really seen Jude since that encounter in the kitchen and I'm super glad. I've gotten to know the house more personally and some of the maids that are here. I've learned to stray away from the Capri Sun packets in the fridge so now I just drink water to be on the safe side. The food that Sebastian cooks is pretty good when I ask him to cook he's a pretty cool vampire.
I quit my job at the coffee shop which broke Angie's heart but she was happy that I found a place to stay. I didn't tell her it was on vamp territory though. This is what I've learned about Jude so far one he's a player and well that's all I know. It just so happened that a few times this week he's brought home a different girl. I happened to be in the living room watching the telly and he had some girl on his arm.
He would glance at me and I'd give a small smile and a thumbs up then go back to watching television. Today just happened to be one of those days. I was sitting on the couch with Joe(my guitar) and tuning it. It hadn't been in really good shape since it got rained on last week. When I thought it was okay I leaned back on the couch and closed my eyes then I began to sing.

I had got so lost in the song that I didn't notice I had an audience. When I was finished I heard clapping commence. I opened my eyes to see Jude clapping away in the room adjacent to the living room. I sighed one of his girlfriends was with him as well. I put Joe down on the couch next to me and folded my hands onto my lap.
"So how much of that did you hear?" I asked him.
"I don't know only the beginning to the end. I honestly didn't know you could sing like that. You're amazing Marisa." He had so much feeling to his words and excitement to his face.
"Well I wasn't really planning for you to hear me sing. Thanks for the compliment though." I told him. I really didn't want him to know anything about me. He was the one that told me last week on the balcony never tot talk to him yet he's always talking to me. Jude came into the living room.
"Come on Marisa don't be like that. You have a beautiful voice. Can I hear it one more time please." Jude asked stepping closer. I ignored him and looked over at the girl that was left standing in the other room. She was pretty but she looked stuck up.
"Aren't you going to introduce us Jude?" I asked him. He sent me a confused look then looked back at the girl then back at me.
"Didn't think I had to?. I mean you really want to meet her she probably won't be here that long." Jude whispered to me. I rolled my eyes.
"If you won't introduce us then I'll introduce myself." I I got of the couch and walked over to the girl in the other room. She looked at me up and down. I wondered if I had been immediately judged. Whatever I didn't give a care. I put on a pleasant smile.
"Hello I'm Marisa. It seems that Jude failed to introduce us. " I stuck my hand out. I waited for her to take it but she just looked at it like it was diseased. I slowly put it down and tried not to get angry. "Okay then ,so what's your name?"
"It's Collette nice to meet you as well." I was going to say something else but she leaned sideways to look at Jude. I turned to him as well. "Are we going yet I'm getting really bored here" she said. Alright that was really rude and I kind of wanted to punch her. I looked over at Jude.
" Alright then let's go Collette see you later Marisa." Jude swiftly came to where me and Collette were and then put his arm around her waist. I stared at him in disbelief. He winked at me. I was getting so angry at the moment. I watched as they left to go up the main stairs.
"I'm going to punch you in the face Jude if I see you again." I said quietly but from the chuckle I heard I knew that he heard me. I went to get Joe off the couch and angrily stormed to my room. A few days ago Amelia had showed me a quick way to get too my room without getting lost and it helped a lot.
I've barely gotten lost these past few days which has been great for me. I made it to my room and opened the door then sat Joe on the floor by the wall next to the door. I ran and jumped on my bed. I was seriously tired because I was angry. Stupid reasoning but I don't care at the moment. I relaxed into the soft covers and then I found myself going to sleep.

A few hours later
I woke up feeling rejuvenated and more happy. I yawned and sat up in bed. i could already tell that i had bedhead and it wasn't the sexy kind. I really didn't have anything else to do so I decided to go take a bath. When I got out I went to the closet and picked out some joggers, a sweatshirt, and some white socks. I yawned again then went back to the bathroom to put my hair into a bun. When that was done I quickly left out of the room to go to the kitchen. My stomach growled at me a few times on the way there.
I finally got there and saw that Sebastian was thankfully in the kitchen. He turned when he saw me enter.
"Hello Sebastian are you up for cooking me something at the moment?" I asked him as I sat on one of the stools at the kitchen island. He came and leaned on the edge of the island.
"And if I don't feel like it?" Sebastian playfully said. He was a very cool guy.I pouted.
"Man that's too bad. I was really looking forward to that so called famous chicken BLT that I heard was absolutely delicious but since you won't cook for me I guess I'll never taste it." I said. He seemed taken aback.
"So called famous. That's absolutely preposterous my chicken BLT is the best of them all and you will taste it here tonight Miss Marisa. " he said already getting to work. I smiled triumphantly. I felt like I did a good deed for myself today...getting food. I was silently waiting for my food to get done when I felt that all too familiar breeze. Sebastian was here so hopefully it was Amelia and not Jude.
It was him. He opened the fridge totally ignoring me and grabbing one of his blood packets out of the fridge. He closed the fridge and already was sipping from the straw. It was then that I noticed that he had no shirt on. He took the straw out of his mouth and smiled at me.
"Don't you have company to entertain?" I said getting annoyed with him and he hadn't said anything.
"Nope she left hours ago. I was wondering what smelled so good down here." He came over to sit by me. I scooted my stool away from him and he noticed."Hey Sebastian put me a chicken BLT on will ya his are the absolute best."
"Told ya" Sebastian said as he quickly moved around the room. I rolled my eyes at him and then looked back at Jude.
"Why are you talking to me?. I remember you saying last week that you didn't want to talk to me and yet here you are talking to me." I told him. He seemed to think about it while drinking his blood.
" Because it's fun to mess with you Marisa." Jude said smiling.
"You know you're annoying right. " I blurted out but I wasn't going to take that back.
"Yeah and I hate annoying people." he said. "Just putting that out there."
"So do you hate yourself?" I asked him wondering because he was annoying at times. He seemed to get sad for a moment.
"Yeah I do" he brightened up a second later "But enough about me what about you."
"Well you're a bipolar vampire and I'm not telling you about me." I turned away from him and watched Sebastian cook.
"Can we please be friends and real housemates Marisa. Can we start over?" I looked back over at Jude who had a serious look on his face. I thought about it.
"Fine but you have to stop being a total ass sometimes and at least introduce me to some of the girls you bring in here I need friends too. Also put a shirt on sometimes." I told him.
"I'm sorry but I can't put on a shirt and no you don't want to be friends with the girls I bring in here they're total bitches also I'll stop being a total ass but not that much." He winked at me.
"Okay deal" I stuck my hand out and he took it.
"Housemates for real this time." Jude said and I nodded as we shook on it.
"Alright since that's done your delicious chicken BLT's are here." Sebastian came over with two delicious sandwiches and my mouth watered.
"Thank you Sebastian" I said then I dug in.