Housemates

Chapter 8

Jude's POV:
I had just woken up and as I looked out the glass doors of my balcony I saw that the sun was just setting. I was a bit parched and I didn't feel like going out tonight for a hunt so maybe I would go get a drink packet. Maybe Marisa was here and we could play a few games again. I knew that she had went out this morning to a bakery and she should be back now. I used my vampire speed to go into the kitchen. Once there I opened the fridge and took out a packet.
I didn't sense Marisa's heartbeat so I wondered if she wasn't back yet.
"Sebastian?" I called out to him. He was here in mere seconds.
"Yes master" Sebastian responded.
"Is Marisa back yet?. I can't seem to pick up her heartbeat." I told him.
"No sir she hasn't returned. I sent her out with Gregory and they haven't been back since the morning. I would have been worried but I trust Gregory." Sebastian said. I nodded my head, I trusted Gregory as well. He was a very good friend and worker as well. I was about to say something else when my acute hearing picked up the sound of a car pulling into the drive, a minute or two later car doors slammed closed and that was followed by laughter.
I swiftly went to the main room and looked out the glass window. I saw Gregory and Marisa walking up the drive with her laughing and carrying her guitar. I picked up that Gregory must have told a joke. Something inside me stirred like the feeling of jealousy. I immediately swept that feeling to the side because I had no feelings at all like that for her.
I watched as they came closer to the door so I opened it for them. Marisa seemed a bit surprised to see me.
"Hey Jude good to see you're awake. Now could you move aside so we can come in." She got that cute annoyed look that always came on her face around me. Again I washed that thought from my mind and acted like it never came. I quickly moved them aside and let them in. I closed the door and then turned to face them.
"So where are you guys going?" I was a bit curious because if I hadn't said that they would have kept walking in the direction that was her room. Marisa turned around as well as Gregory.
"We're going to a club tonight. I'm going to get dressed and then we're going back to Greg's so he can change his outfit." Marisa said. I looked at her."What?" she said.
"You're going out when we vampires are out on the hunt. Is that really a good idea Marisa?" I asked her. She sighed,rolled her eyes and then crossed her arms all in about ten seconds.
"Does it matter?. I'm not really scared of vampires but if you're going to be my dad then you can tag along." She said."I have Greg here ain't that right Greg." Greg came over by her and smiled down at her which made something in me stir.
"Right she has me of course I'll protect her. " Greg put his two cents in which I really didn't care for. I brushed his words off and looked back at the brooding Marisa.
" What club are you going too anyways?" I asked her.
"Fangtasm" she answered.
"Yep I'm definitely coming now because I know I can't change your mind about coming." I looked over at Greg and sized him up. "Greg you can borrow some of my clothes." back over to Marisa."Problem?"
"Just come Jude" she said with a huff. I smiled.
"My pleasure" I told her. She rolled her eyes and then smiled.
"Well I guess I'll go get changed then" she said.