‹ Prequel: Fairy Tales

Ever After

The Successor

"So,are you going?"

"I have to Jimmy."

"Why? After all the shit she put us through?"

I sighed. "Jimmy,I have to because I'm in line for the throne. i don't know if she chose another successor or not so I have to go to find out. Let's just hope that she did."

"Are you going alone or can I go with?"

"You can come.We have to leave tomorrow morning so I can find out. Faeries are never buried until sundown anyway."

"Alright then. Let's get some sleep."
"Princess,welcome."

"Hello,again,Quinn."I smiled.

"You may take your old sleeping quarters if you would like. I take it you remember the way there."

"Yes,I remember."

"There will be a meeting of the Faery council at noon in the council room. they wish for you to attend."

"Very well."I nodded,taking Jimmy's hand and leading him through the castle to my old bedroom.

"I never asked this,but how are you a faery if your dad and brothers are werewovles?"

"My mother is a faery. When she got pregnant with both Brian and I,I got the faery part and Brian got the werewolf. It's rather common for people like us to happen to,especially with faeries.Baby girls of mixed blood that involve faery often have their faery side more dominate. I mean I still have werewolf DNA in me,just my faery DNA is much more prominent."

"Okay...so,how exactly are you a princess?"

"Alisha was my aunt,my mother's brother's wife. Since she had no children of her own,it defaulted to me since I'm the oldest. When I was about six,my mother brought me to Corrina to study under Alisha until I was about eleven. That's when I left my mom and went to live with my dad."

"Wow."

"Yeah,it's pretty intense,but nothing I couldn't handle....We should probably head to the Council Room."

Jimmy nodded,lacing his fingers with mine as I led him down to council room. When we entered,three of my cousins where all seated at the far end of the council table

"Hello,Ryane." Mariah,glared.

"Mariah."I smirked. She always was jealous of the attention I got.

"Nice to see you again." Kellen,the only male cousin I had, greeted. I simply nodded at him.

"Ryane."

"Zanna."

"Rhiannon,will you and your companion take a seat so we may get started?"One of the council member spoke.I simply nodded,leading Jimmy over to sit next to Kellen as I took the chair at the head of the table.

"Now then,as you all are aware,Queen Alisha passed on from illness a week ago. Her successor is still Rhiannon. With that said,Rhiannon,you know what is needed and expected of you."

"I understand that,but what if I don't want the throne? I'm not fix for it. I'm anything but a ruler. Not to mention I have a whole wonderful life on Earth with a loving family and starting on of my own as well."

"Rhiannon,you know the rule. If you wish to step down,then you may in due time. For now,you will be Queen until the time has come that you do not see yourself fit,or we see that you are not capable of ruling over Corrina. No exceptions."

"Yes,council."I muttered,hanging my head.

"Now,make your preparations for tonight. You are dismissed."