‹ Prequel: Fairy Tales

Ever After

Queen

Ryane

"It's time to awaken,milady. The council will see you at 7:30. Your breakfast in on the table."

I sat up with a soft groan after one of the servants opened the curtains letting the sunshine blaze through the room.

"You may leave now,Aria."

She bowed her head before leaving the room,closing the door behind her. With a sigh,I got dressed and quickly ate.After brushing my teeth and pulling half of my all black hair back,I put on my circlet before heading down to the council room.

"Queen Rhianonn,please sit."ONe of the members said.

I took the head of the table calling everyone to order.

"To review your schedule since it has been a while for you,milady. You will awake at seven every morning.At seven thirty,we will have council until nine. Then you adress issues of the people of Corrina until noon,where you will have lunch in either your cambers,the study,or the dining hall.At twelve thirty,you again address issues until three where you will have downtime until dinner at five thirty. At six,you will walk to village and oversee how things are progessing. The rest of the day is yours at seven thirty."

"Very well."

"Today,however. All you have scheduled is this meeting.You are free to do as you please until seven this evening for you inauguration to the throne and then dinner."

I nodded in understanding before another member spoke.

"Do you have any questions?"

"Yes. As you know,I have friends and family back in California.Will they be allowed to visit?"

"They may,only three days of the week.Just as long as they do not disrupt your schedule."

"Very well. I would like someone to notify them of this. Also,the conditions of my reign. I do not wish to rule permanently. I do not see myself fit to rule for Corrina since I have not lived here in some time."

"Noted. However,that is for the council to discuss. You must rule for three months. In those three months we shall decide."

"And lastly,I am with child."

"That will certainly be a factor in our decision,milady. You are dismissed for today."

I nodded,getting up and heading to my room. I wrote a letter to Jimmy to explain what was going on. After sending a servant to get it delivered,I read a little before having lunch then exploring the castle grounds.

I sighed,rubbing my slightly protruding stomach as I sat in the gardens,humming along to Evanescence's Bring Me To Life. I must have sat there thinking for awhile because before I knew it,Aria was telling me it was time to get ready for inauguration. I nodded following her up to my room.

"Is there anything you need?"

"No,I have it covered."I smiled softly at her before she left the room.

I sighed. I didn't like this. I was required to wear a gown of my choosing.Without complaining further,I quickly got ready before pulling my hair into a messy bun with random small braids in it. Aria came to collect me after a few minutes,smiling.

"If I may,milady?"She asked,showing me the bunch of small flowers in her hands. I nodded before she quickly wove them into my hair and we went down to the uneventful and boring task at hand.