‹ Prequel: Fairy Tales

Ever After

Two

Ryane

"You need to eat,Ry." Zacky nudged me one afternoon.

"I'm not hungry." I sighed,poking at the food in front of me.

It had been two weeks since I became Queen. The days had started blurring together,and everything was always planned. It wasn't my idea of a life. I wanted to be back in Huntington Beach.Back with my friends and family. Back with my Jimmy. I wanted him by my side at every moment again.

"At least eat something for the baby."

"Alright."I sighed again. Zacky was right. We quickly finished up our dinner before we headed to my chambers.

"How far along are you now?"He asked,sitting next to me on my bed.

"Little over two months,but I look a lot bigger. I have no idea why."

"Possibly the fact that the little one is half-angel?"

"I dunno. I need to go get checked out soon though."

"Will you go back to Cali for that?" He asked hopefully.

'I wish I could go back,but I can't yet. The council won't let me."I sighed. "I need Illy. I promised her she could do all my check-ups and stuff."

"I'll let her know when I go back tonight. See if she'll come tomorrow."

"Why didn't Jimmy come with you?"

"He said he was working on a surprise for you."Zacky smiled.

"Oh God."I moaned then smiled."Jimmy and surprises very go well."

"this one will. Senior,Brian,Suzy and Matt are helping him with it."

"Oh?"

"I'm not allowed to say what it is."

"Meanie."I said sticking my tongue out at him before giggling.

"It's not the same without you at home."he sighed,leaning his head on my shoulder

"I know. I miss everyone and everything back in Cali. I really wish i could leave."

"Are they gonna let you when you have the baby?"

"I don't know at the moment. I hope so."

"Me too."

We were quiet for a moment before a knock broke the silence.

"Milady,there is a visitor for you."

"Send them in."I said to Aria,hoping it was Jimmy.

"Hello,Zacky. Hello,Ryane." A soft voice greeted us.

"Illy!"I grinned walking over to her and hugging her,making her giggle softly.

"I bare a gift from Jimmy."She smiled,holding out a small bouquet of Stargazer Lillie flowers.

"Thank you."I smiled,taking them from her."Why are you here?"

"I was just sitting at home thinking that it's about time to check on the baby."

"Zacky and I were just talking about that."I smiled again.

"Shall we?"

I nodded,heading towards my bed where zacky was stacking pillows for me to lean against.

Over the years,Illy had greatly increased her range of medical knowledge,even to the point of learning healing magic.

I closed my eyes as I laid down and pulled my top up. Illy laid her hand on my stomach for a moment before speaking.

"Hello,baby girl. You're so big already. Mommy and Daddy will be very happy went they meet you and your brother."

"Did you just say-?"I started,looking at her.

She nodded,grinning."A boy and a girl. He's very quiet and small,but healthy all the same."

"Oh...oh,God."I whispered,tearing up.

"You're very blessed,Ryane. You and Jimmy both. It's not unnatural for faeries to carry twins. Same with angels. Only,most of the time,with boy-girl twins,the girl gets the faery attributes more. But not in this case,she's more angel.Hmm...Anyway,they're both fine."

"This is awesome,isn't it,Ry?"Zacky smiled.

I just nodded."Jimmy has to know."

"He will.We'll tell him when we get back."

"Alright."I smiled,pulling my top back down before rubbing my stomach,thinking about how happy Jimmy and I were gonna be in the next few months.