Status: Ongoing

The Dark Side of the Moon

Chapter 1

Zack POV

I loaded the last of the boxes into the back of my car and shut the door. The vampire council had sent a letter to me and my clan, telling us that we had to move to a different city for 'circumstances that were before unforeseen'. Bullshit.

My clan were all hoping that the council had finally found either my mate or Jack's. As we are the only two in the clan that have yet to find our mates. I hope it was Jack's that they found. Jack is what we vampires call a Carrier, that means that he is able to carry children. And that his mate will be male.

Before I tell you anything else I should explain. My clan and I, we're vampires (if you hadn't guessed that already). My clan consists of our leader Matt, Rian and myself who are all dominant vampires as well as Jack, Alex and Cassadee who are carriers. Dominant vampires are biologically designed to look after carriers. We are bigger, stronger, faster and more violent than carriers. A dominant vampire would do anything to protect a carrier ESPECIALLY if that carrier is their mate. Carrier vampires are smaller and more fragile than dominant vampires which is why they are looked after so protectively. Carriers are also heavily protected because they need their mate and to be surrounded by dominant vampires to survive. Carriers live off of the blood of dominant vampires, usually the blood of their mate, and are less likely to survive without a mate. Dominants however, could live forever without ever finding their mates but Carriers aren't so lucky. They are also the only ones who can bare the children of a dominant vampire. Oh yeah, and we will live forever.

Rian and Cassadee are mated as well as Matt and Alex. All through the same year that the two couples announced that they were mated they were waiting for myself and Jack to announce that we were mates. Cassadee always wanted a small family. The one way to tell if you are mated to someone or not? It's simple, a kiss. Now I don't know how you can tell that you are mated from one kiss but Alex said that he knew deep inside him that he would never find anyone more perfect for him than Matt, which is great for them but bad for anyone around them that wants a full nights sleep.

But before we even recognise our mates the Vampire council knows who they are and are known for helping couples to meet by either moving an entire clan to a different city *cough* or by simply telling them. Sometimes Vampires have been known to be living in the same clan as their mate and have not known who they are. The council is good at helping Vampires find their mates.

I climbed into the car and looked over at Jack who was already waiting in the passenger seat
"Are you ready?" I asked him quietly and he nodded enthusiastically
"Yep" he said before adding quietly "I hope their moving us to help me find my mate"
"I bet that's exactly what they are doing" I said starting up the car and reaching over to hold his hand while I drove
"You really think so?" He asked, I nodded and he let out a sigh of relief and letting his head drop back against the headrest. "Good" he said
I let us sit in silence for a few minutes while I drove before prompting him "What's up?"

He turned his head to look over at me "Promise you won't tell anyone?"
I nodded "Of course Jacky, what do you need?"
I heard him take a deep breath before whispering "I don't think I've got much longer"
"What?" I asked, alarmed
"I've been getting tired easier and I feel weaker" he whispered and I pulled over the car so I could look into his tear filled eyes

"When was the last time that you had blood?"
"Yesterday" he said just as my phone started to ring "Answer it"

"Yeah Matt?" I answered
"Why did you stop?"
"Jack needed to pee" I said "Don't worry we'll be on our way soon"
"Ok, I'll see you when we get there"
"Ok, bye" I hung up

I reached a hand up and stroked the side of his face "I'll protect you" I whispered and he sent me a watery smile
"Even you can't protect me from this"
I paused for a moment "I can help you keep this from the others"
He smiled up at me "I was hoping you would, only until I find my mate of course"
I chuckled "Of course"
"Why else would they be moving us?"

I started up the car again and continued our journey.
"You can sleep if you need to Jacky" I whispered and he squeezed my hand
"Thanks Zack"
I sent him a smile before focusing back on the road ahead. We had a long way to drive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is chapter one! And hopefully I've explained everything but if you get confused just leave a comment or send me a message and hopefully I can clear it up for you!

I'll try to update as often as I can but I thought I would have more chapters written before I started posting because I couldn't wait so there might be a bit of a wait but if you think I'm taking too long just send me a message!

Enjoy!