Delilah

Strange

"Deep inside a parallel universe, it's harder and harder to tell what came first."
"Oh my GOD!" Tre' shouts as Billie drops his pants for Tre's camera, "Work it baby, do it for the camera."
Billie bounces his head and pulls his pants up, he then kicks at Tre' and his camera as they go toppling over in shock. Tre' decides turn his camera on Delilah.
"What's your best stripper pose, Tory?" he asks her with a mischievous look in his eyes.
"I'd show you," Delilah says, motioning him to come closer in which he crawls on his knees to get to her, "but it's hard to be sexy when you get hit by a car.."
"I want a rain check and some honey," he tells her, sliding onto the couch and accepting a beer that Mike hands him. He raps his arm around her and smiles, he sways slightly before he starts making kissing noises in her general direction.
"This isn't a good come on, you know?"
"Yeah, but rock stars have it easy," he lifts his head up to meet hers; so she bends down and kisses him on the nose, "you missed."
"Oh well, Mister Cool."
Delilah hears Billie say something about putting a muzzle on that animal as Mike agrees. There is a hum of laughter but she was more focused on Tre' who had set the camera down and downed his beer.
"Do you want to know a secret?" he whispers at her, raising his eyebrows up and down. Apparently forgetting her little burn.
"What is it?"
"I am wearing pink underwear with green dots on them."
"I am surprised you're wearing any at all, Mr. Cool," she giggles and he lifts up his shirt to show her proof of his underwear.
In the back of her mind she feels herself think that she is acting like she is an entertaining a five year old. Nodding her head and saying things to make the kid feel better even though she does not give a shit about what they are saying. She has to play the roll though. It's her job.
***

Delilah was used to traveling around the world because as a child, she really had no choice. Her mother had been a person on the move, always running away from something that Delilah couldn't explain. Almost as if she ran away from demons that could track her down in a couple of months. Her mother would fight with herself at night and Delilah became accustom to her mother's insane behavior because she knew nothing better.
Now, being almost 29 years old, Delilah realizes that her mother had an ocean full of mental problems. Running away was her mother's way of giving her personality disorder the room to breath. She claimed that voices in her head liked it better when she traveled because they hate the same surroundings.
Sometimes she would talk about how her better halves would tell her to get rid of Delilah but she always refused. Instead she would abandon Delilah for a few days in a shack or hotel room while the feelings of hate got the better of her.
Delilah's mother is now in an institute for the mentally disabled because she jumped off a building three years ago, screaming that she had to beat the voices out of her before killed herself.
For a short while, Delilah visited her mother, until one day she was told never to come back. Her mother said she never wanted to see her again. Ever since then, Delilah just ignored her little family problem and got on with her life.
As the road swerved underneath the tires of the bus, she wondered how strange it felt to make a complete circle around her life and end up in her childhood again. Her life still felt pointless as it did when she was a kid, except now she got paid to hate how everything was going.
Being a cop means you're supposed to serve a purpose for the greater good. You're supposed to help people that are in need.
As she looks at Mike who was asleep on the other side of the bus she feels like she is the enemy. Just another distraction in their day to day lives that might or might not cause a problem. As she hears Tre' snoring from behind her, she wonders if it might be the other way around.
***
Tre' invited her take his special tour of the boy's set up because he told her he was not allowed to leave the compound. He told her that there was a slight incident that he wants his crew to forget about before he ventured off on his own this tour. He shook his head and told her not to worry about it when she asked him what he did.
He held onto her hand as he walked her around the buses and through doors that he said would take them backstage. Everything looked in decent order until she glanced back and saw the flash of a man behind them. When she turned completely around, there was no one there.
"What?" Tre' said, turning around with her, a concerned look plastered on his face.
"I thought I saw Billie and a water gun," She watched as Tre' got into a battle pose, he looked both ways, glancing at the white tents that surrounded them.
She really hadn't seen Billie, she saw the tall man from the bus lot. His eyes had been on her, she felt it, but still did not have the connection in her mind. He freaked her out and her intuition was sharp when it came to people.
Delilah didn't know why she felt she had to hide her opinion of the man from Tre', he could actually probably help her figure out who he was but something was holding her back.
Tre' was currently searching the area, he would of made a good cop...as he bent down to peek underneath the tents, Delilah thought at least he would be a good stripper cop.
"Hey, babe, I think he was after someone else," he says, turning around and instantly knowing that she had been staring at his ass.
"Um, good," she watched as he walked up to her, shaking his hips like some hooker. She was giggling before he was even five feet away from her, he had a goofy look on his face.
"It's nothing to be ashamed of," he nods at her, "I do it too... I am just sneakier about it." He concluded his sentence by glancing over her shoulder and giving her an appreciative look.
"Sound check!" Mike yelled out of nowhere, "Time for sound check," he flew around the corner and pointed at Tre', without a second thought he started bouncing around with Mike as they went looking for Billie. Tre' threw an apologetic look over his shoulder telling Delilah that he just can't neglect a moment of music.
Delilah stood in the center of the tents alone, she could keep following the signs that pointed towards the backstage, or go after the rampaging men that might or might not be going to the stage. She watched a couple of crew members walk by her as if she was invisible and decided it was time to do some snooping around.Walking out of the tents and to the right where she saw the man slide out of view when she turned around to look at the eyes that had been glaring at her. The man was some type of manager, she could pick that up from the clothes he wore and the authority he had over the boys...she didn't think some nobody could come up to them and tell them to get on the bus. Would they listen? Of course not.
She walked towards a gated area that was more protected from the rest of the mini camp because they kept the buses there. Tre' had given her a pass that would allow her to enter as she pleases, and he had laughed when he told her that all she had to do was knock twice on his bus door and he would let her in...for anything she pleases.
So far, Delilah had been on three of the buses, one for each man. They tended to all occupy each bus until it got dirty and moved onto the next one.
But there was one bus that they had not bothered with, Mike told her it was for the old men that run the tour. He said they didn't really get along, they are just there because they have to run a business and that they make all the small decisions. Kind of like a relationship, they don't bother each other with mundane things until it effects the other party. It's worked like that for 10 years and counting.
She had a feeling in her gut that told her that they didn't want to deal with the gray man with an evil voice. Although she did have to admit that he looked informed.
Staking out near the off limits bus, Delilah took out her camera, ready to take a picture of the man if he happened to walk outside. He would have to eventually, and even earlier if he is claustrophobic. Then she could send it to the van and ask for an identity check.
Suddenly she was seized up by the back of her black shirt, a large arms clamping around her arm and throat, something was whispered but all Delilah could do was try to struggle out of the grip. She tried to keep up appearances and not grab the knife out of the back of her pants but she did elbow the aggressor in the rib cage.
She threw herself out of the man's arms and kicked him as she turned on him. She had never see this person before and he looked as if he did not belong on the set.
"Who the hell are you?"
Instead of answering he slammed her into the bus, grabbing her wrist and shaking the forgotten camera out of her hand. It hit the concrete as the man grabbed her chin and made eye contact.
"Who are you here for?" he growled, his face too close for comfort but Delilah was disabled by his body and unable to wrestle her way out of his hold.
"Green Day," she said, "I am here with..for Green Day."
"What's your name again?"
"Delil...Victoria..will you get off of me?"
"You were right the first time, Delilah Myers," he pulled her FBI badge out of his pocket and held it up to her face, almost as if he was flashing it to some panicking victims, trying to get them to came down. Help is here.
"Yeah, so what?" Delilah says, trying to grab for the badge, "my business has nothing to do with you...I don't even know who you are."
"Oh, you will, but in the meantime I think you better make sure those men don't figure out who you are," he swings the gold and silver in front of her eyes, "Wouldn't want to blow your cover."
"What do you want?"
"I happen to know more about your job then you do," he brags, " and I think you should figure it out...quick."
"Why don't you tell me?"
"What's the fun in that?" he closes the wallet and hands it to her, "although I do know the man's name that you are following.."
"Well?"
"William Felix," he points at the bus, "He wants to frame your friends."
The man then walks away, she watches as he picks up a large leather bag and turns back to her, smiling, she feels like throwing something at the guy. First he attacks her then he tells her want she supposedly needs to know.
"Where do you think you are going?"
"I need to get out of here before I lose my head," he says as he glides through the buses. In the distance she sees a taxi, "I hope everything works out for you."
Delilah is left standing, once again, alone. The strangeness of the encounter with the probably insane man left her sick to her stomach. All of a sudden she didn't know what the hell was going on. She didn't like it at all.
What the fuck type of mission was this?
Time to figure out who William Felix is...and what could he possibly frame the guys for?